Disc golf (frisbee golf)

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
hun, you need to get a dog to play with you. They are always looking for homes for retired greyhounds and stuff.

Dogs can't throw discs!

That's insane!

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I do like dogs, Bri, and have several dog friends (that I do not own). However, I am not really cool with the idea of dogs chewing up my discs. Perhaps a retriever type dog would do for practice, but that could really fuck things up on the course.

As far as pets, I have my 14 year old leopard gecko. She is totally useless for disc golf, but she has a permanent smile on her face. It is too bad that she won't ride around with me in the sleeve of my jersey like her late husband would.

Anyway, back to subject at hand.

I got (most of) my glow discs today! (still waiting on glow putter though)

I let 'em charge up under fluorescent blacklight for half hour and got dull, short lived glow.

Passed my LED blacklight flashlight a few times over them and they glow really bright. (!!!)

The flashlight will work great for getting good glow before taking next throw.

I need to find a cheap medium that glows in the dark. Something to mark holes (baskets) and perhaps trees and other obstacles with. Something like paint, tape, perhaps some plastic to cut into pieces and stick to trees.

I was about to head to nearby soccer field a while ago, but storm came up just as I was about to leave.

My friend that I sent discs to will be in town this weekend and says he's bringing them.

I'm gonna kick his ass if we can make it to a course.

bri

Liked Posts:
Did you have to get 3 different ones for different distances? How do you know when to switch? On the Wii it tells me.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You just get to know your discs with experience. I pretty much throw the blue one, then the red one, then the yellow one. Did some damage to my left shoulder showing my friend overhand throws and have a painful knot now. I'm throwing righty for awhile. I throw backhand with right anyway, and have somewhat learned to throw forehand with the right.

I did get to the course with a friend (different one than I sent discs to). We tied and I'm pretty sure he's going to take it up also. Work was a bitch today since I could barely lift my arms though. Imagine pull starting a lawn mower several hundred times over a weekend.

bri

Liked Posts:
You just get to know your discs with experience. I pretty much throw the blue one, then the red one, then the yellow one. Did some damage to my left shoulder showing my friend overhand throws and have a painful knot now. I'm throwing righty for awhile. I throw backhand with right anyway, and have somewhat learned to throw forehand with the right.

I did get to the course with a friend (different one than I sent discs to). We tied and I'm pretty sure he's going to take it up also. Work was a bitch today since I could barely lift my arms though. Imagine pull starting a lawn mower several hundred times over a weekend.

Sorry about your shoulder. Maybe you should get it checked out. You might have what those baseball guys get. I'm sure you could find someone to help you start your lawnmower if they realize how much pain you are in. There really are some nice people out there even though it often seems like they are few and far in between.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My shoulder is a lot better now. Knot is gone and I have full range of motion again. Just a bit of tenderness now. I've been on the ibuprofen & icy hot regime.

What I really need is an easy night at work. I've actually had to bust my ass the last 4 days, and that has rarely been necessary lately.

It also appears that if the weather forecast is correct, I will not be throwing in storms tonight after work.

I've been working with my mid range mostly the last couple days. Going right around trees, going left, adjusting for wind, etc. It goes pretty much where I want it to as long as I concentrate and don't just run out and chuck the damn thing.

bri

Liked Posts:
That's great news that your shoulder is getting better. Do they have the targets lit up too? How would you know where to throw at night if they didn't?

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was thinking of lighting the baskets by hanging a lantern from them or perhaps some sort of beacon light. I think a big bright lantern hung correctly could outline some of the trees between the tee and the basket, but may also make it easy to lose sight of glow disc in the light during flight. If I get a portable basket, I can put it near a streetlight when playing or practicing around the neighborhood.

bri

Liked Posts:
You have to take your own baskets with you? I thought they were already part of the course. You should be careful playing at night. There are all kinds of creepy people out there.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No, Bri, there are baskets at the courses.

I was just considering getting a portable one for better practice around the house or setting up temporary holes either in local parks or around my yard and neighborhood.

I don't think it would be too hard to set up a 9 hole course at the park.

Set up the target, mark out 3 different tee areas, that makes 3 holes, move target after 1st 3 and repeat.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sweet! I finally got my gravy night at work!

I only have to work every 20 minutes or so. That means around dusk I should have lots of potential opportunities for feral cat hunting.

Back to dogs.

A dog ate my friend's putter disc!

Bad dog!!!

Another friend says he's ordering discs tonight. He can use mine again if we get to a course or 2.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Whoops double post. I blame my sketchy data service out here in the sticks.

bri

Liked Posts:
Sweet! I finally got my gravy night at work!

I only have to work every 20 minutes or so. That means around dusk I should have lots of potential opportunities for feral cat hunting.

Back to dogs.

A dog ate my friend's putter disc!

Bad dog!!!

Another friend says he's ordering discs tonight. He can use mine again if we get to a course or 2.

It could be worse. My cousin's Great Dane eats her couch.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They make sprays to spare innocent furniture from dog chewing.

There's a spicy cinnamon spray. Dogs don't like the spicy and won't chew items sprayed with it and cinnamon has a pleasant smell.

sth

Liked Posts:
It could be worse. My cousin's Great Dane eats her couch.

Yeah but a Great Dane is more like a horse than a dog. Your cousin should feed him carrots and sugar cubes.
<

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was taking a break in the garage from throwing a few minutes ago.

I heard some slight noise that sounded like critters, crept out to look and saw 4 deer, 2 of em were in my yard! I would (and have) throw a disc at a feral cat, but not a tasty looking deer. I could just barely see them thanks to bright moon.

bri

Liked Posts:
Be careful of those cats. They could have rabies or something. That is cool about the deer though. I just have squirrels and a rabbit that run around. This one squirrel has developed a majorly fat ass because I put out Cheerios and popcorn and shredded wheat for him. We like to call him Sidney Crosby cause they have matching booties.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Got to same course with different friend earlier. He kicked my ass! With my own discs! It's OK, I did get off some sweet rollers right around trees though. Usually grass was unmowed and poor for rollers. My buddy nailed a fuckng awesome shot right in basket from about 70 feet. Way better than my 120 foot roller to 20 feet from hole.

I love this shit! I ordered portable basket, a 10 disc bag, and 2 more glow discs. Now I have glow discs for 2 in bag, and 2 glow markers. I will get lots of night putt and mid range practice. (Can also carry to school for long range practice.)

Oh. Dollar Tree stores sell AA powered LED light for guess.....a dollar!

Light + ziplock bag = good to light basket.

bri

Liked Posts:
You can get lots of good stuff at Dollar Tree. I go there all the time. I buy earbuds there cause I go through about six pairs a year. I usually get batteries there too plus cleaning stuff and soap and stuff. I like to get the knock off gadgety things like from infomercials that they carry.