Disc golf (frisbee golf)

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Indeed. I LOVE my job, and my bosses and coworkers love me back. My old nickname Mr. Nominal comes up at work from time to time but certainly not in disc golf (yet).

bri

Liked Posts:
I am so jealous, but not in a mean begrudgingly kind of way. I hope to be happy one day. That's gotta be the best.

bri

Liked Posts:
The Seinfeld was on tonight with the Summer of George where he wanted to take up frolfing. Since I don't know how to pronounce your user name I will just call you Jam. And I officially proclaim this "The Summer of Jam."
<

sth

Liked Posts:
The Seinfeld was on tonight with the Summer of George where he wanted to take up frolfing. Since I don't know how to pronounce your user name I will just call you Jam. And I officially proclaim this "The Summer of Jam."
<

Just make sure you don't take too long decompressing first. That;s what tripped up Gerogie boy.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Twinge in my back last night as I was picking up a disc. Thought I was hurt bad but perhaps it was just everything going back into place. An hour later I felt better than I have in a couple of weeks. I'm going to make sure to stretch out good before any throwing, especially my back. Taking Friday off to stay out of the heat and keep up on free agency day.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Kick ass!!! I had the most bitch of a job as I get tonight as far as lifting and moving heavy stuff AND lots of good throwing after work and my back and everything still feels great. I am pleased and now off to sleep.

Friend o' mine says he found a free disc in scrub at his semi local course. I bet he found it after he threw his in same shitty spot.

bri

Liked Posts:
Do you, by chance, sell propane and propane accessories?

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No way. I hate mowing. I don't like tall grass, but I still hate mowing.

bri

Liked Posts:
No way. I hate mowing. I don't like tall grass, but I still hate mowing.

I thought you liked to do it cause you are always talking about mowing. You know in the words of Hank "Mowing the lawn is a privilege, not a punishment."

bri

Liked Posts:
Do you get a 4 day weekend since you are taking tomorrow off?

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bri,

"jam" is fine, but "yit-say-jam", or "yit-see-jam" are both acceptable.

Today is going to be too hot for throwing so I should run other errands such as haircut, new work boots and pants, and maybe even get set up for overdue new glasses.

I better get some fucking sleep and food before all that, eh?

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I got it all done but the glasses. I can maybe afford lasik eye surgery, but I would be best to get new glasses and hang onto the extra money. But oh how I hate the sun in my eyes and miss sunglasses.

Wasn't as hot as forecast so I got some good throwing in. I found some potential temporary holes at local park for good threading thru trees practice and some kick ass downhill thru/around trees shots. Uphill next. My friend and I will make a temp course there soon I hope.

bri

Liked Posts:
You should get some prescription sunglasses. I think it would be worth the money since you spend so much time outside. And Hey, you're worth it. Remember to stay hydrated.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Missed fireworks last night due to disc golf. Playing horse with friend and his kiddo was way more fun than walking a block to watch things blow up the the sky. I know the pretty girls were impressed but they were all too stuck up to stop for throw and chat. Bitches! Well, I think a couple of them didn't understand English. Perhaps better luck at park today with English speaking women.

bri

Liked Posts:
How dare they not worship at your frisbee throwing altar?

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No, Bri, it's not that they didn't stop, but that they were too busy walking to even speak a reply. A polite "Looks fun but no thanks" would have been OK. Hell, even, No way you fucking asshole!" is better than not responding at all. Perhaps I was wrong in using the word "ho"? Just kidding, I only call real hos hos.

I am finding that I am lacking accuracy when I try to throw flat and straight, but can get decent results with hyzer shot (lean forward, disc hooks right and comes back left in an arc), or even anhyzer shots (opposite, lean back, disc hooks left and comes back right) .

My distance has increased by maybe 20% and my putting gets better by the day too. I was pretty motivated to win at horse last night. Nothing like beating a pens fan and his 13 year old pens fan kid.

(The guy is OK and just won't admit that he's a Hawks fan. We used to play the click 2 pick game for fuck's sake. He has 2010 Cup champs hat.