Disc golf (frisbee golf)

bri

Liked Posts:
Maybe if you showed some skin. Did that bug thing work?

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm not sure about the bug thing. It seems to work okay when sitting around but doesn't seem to work as well when moving around. The packet of repellant it came with is almost empty already. I will likely give it away rather than hunt around town for the refills.

bri

Liked Posts:
Hun, if you want to get the attention of all the babes wear something that makes your butt look good and of course flash them a killer smile; the kind where your eyes twinkle with mischief; the kind that will melt their hearts and make their day. I admit I was admiring some guy's butt at the gas station the other day and then my mind envisioned him taking his shirt off and hosing himself down until the lady at the gas stationed ruined it for me by announcing over the loudspeaker that my pump was ready.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I learned a very useful shot today that I've been trying to figure out. It is a good shot because it gets good distance but it also makes me stick my ass out a bit. That should be pretty impressive for the girls. The bad thing is that when I get a good run up and full follow through sometimes my glasses slip off. That sucks cause I have to watch where my throw goes without moving my feet and risking stepping on my glasses. The old free disc I scored from work is pretty good for that shot but does not glow. After initially breaking the barrier and getting the disc to do that I was able to make one of my glow discs do the same but with just about 10 feet more distance. I got those results on two back to back throws. Other than that one or both hit or at least grazed a tree. I should go down the street to the school. I could throw some rollers there. Those are fun but I just got out of the corn looking for a disc that rolled 8 rows in. Fucking corn. I always liked the corn around here until it started eating my discs. I don't really feel like going to the school so I'll just throw around here some more. I can try that distance throw, I should be well short of corn if I don't run up.

bri

Liked Posts:
Can't you buy something that attaches to your glasses that will keep them from falling off? Like those old lady chains except more sporty. You might need to create a dictionary for this thread cause I'm not sure what half the things you talk about are.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
"run up" = I take a couple steps into throw rather than stand still

"roller" = throw that lands on edge and rolls rather than flying

"hit or graze tree" = what I do all the damn time on the course and am trying to learn how to avoid. (it does make a cool sound though)

bri

Liked Posts:
Lizard supplies are on sale this week. Don't you have one?

bri

Liked Posts:
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh Noooooooooooooooo That showboating Canadian, Gordon, is mowing Boomhauer's grass with a Canadian mower. Boy Hank isn't gonna stand for that.

sth

Liked Posts:
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh Noooooooooooooooo That showboating Canadian, Gordon, is mowing Boomhauer's grass with a Canadian mower. Boy Hank isn't gonna stand for that.

That is one of the few good later KOTH episodes. I like Hanks outdoor bar.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I just got hasseled by the cops. Well, not really. I saw a car coming down the street so I went with my flashlight to get my disc out of the danger of being smashed then I see the spotlight come on. Cops pull up, I say hi. I look and it's a guy I went to school with since grade school showing the new cop around town. I always thought he was half okay, half jagoff until my cousin said they were in same unit in Iraq. If he's cool with my beloved cousin, he is cool with me.

bri

Liked Posts:
"Bad Boys, Bad Boys What you gonna do?" I see an episode of Cops in your future.

Thanks for being a good guy on the other thread.

bri

Liked Posts:
we made it to the weekend again. Hope the weather is just right for some frolfing.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm going to add lots of "cool factor" to my glow discs. I am going to try dyeing. I can remove factory logos with acetone, cut new logo out of sticky vinyl, stick vinyl to disc, dip in dye. Rinse and peel vinyl and my new logo is on disc!

I'm certainly going to try and put a big old school round Dream Theater logo on one. Maybe some other band or beer logos on the others. Perhaps Indianhead outline. Hell maybe even just some 3d text that says something funny or cool.

Here's where the adventure part comes in....

RIT dye changed their formula and the new dye does not stick to plastics. However, you can generally figure formula by lot # on boxes. I got some from Kmart earlier today, after I checked online database against lot #s I found I have to return at least one of the colors(navy blue) . Of the other 3, yellow may be OK, purple is likely to be OK, black I think is less likely but possible.

Off to Hobby Lobby tomorrow to scour through their dye for old lot #s! I will ask if any older stock in back if can't find old stuff on shelf.

I mainly want black since I'm only planning on dyeing glow discs. Giving others away actually. I suppose I could practice dye those.

I need to think of ideas that are cool yet just simple outlines. When I get my vinyl I'll cut out some small practice stencils.

Oh, and I can use fishing lure dye, but it is more expensive, only comes in neon like colors, and reeks of garlic. They actually make unscented too, but I would rather hoard old formula RIT and sell at crazy high prices to disc dyers in a year or 2.

bri

Liked Posts:
Are you a chemist or something? You seem really informed on that kind of stuff. Please post pictures when you are done so we can see the finished products. Actually before and after pictures would be interesting.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nope. I'm no chemist. I am only so well informed because of the active online disc golfer community. There is a large group of people that dye also.

Now I just need to find someone that works in a sign shop that will do some work for me on the cheap. I really REALLY want a Pink Floyd - The Wall album cover, but I don't think I could cut that by hand.

I will certainly take pictures.

bri

Liked Posts:
Maybe you could start your own little side business customizing the discs.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't know about a side business. I get plenty of regular work as it is.

But I found out awesome news a bit ago. A friend of a friend of mine (who happens to be an old acquaintance) likely has a plotter for cutting my vinyl through a computer file so I don't have to cut by hand!

Another (dear) friend of mine draws stuff with computers for a living (CAD/CAM). (He is also a badass drummer)

Knowing the guy that is said to have a plotter, it is VERY likely that he actually does. He has always been known for making art and signs and stuff. (stuff that I could never do)

Between myself and 2 of my friends, I may be able to make some really badass stuff. Just happens that I get the easy part of the work, other then finding dye that works.

This is one I would like to put on a glow disc that I almost certainly could not cut by hand (I like caffine)

spiralzig.jpg

I've got lots of ideas for dyes but I think I would like to put optical illusions on them. Like the faces/lamp one and such. I don't know, I've got a LOT of reading and image browsing to do yet.

This one might work too:

momoko_Silhouette_of_Stripper_on_a_Pole.png

Everything but the black would glow.

bri

Liked Posts:
Well the stripper isn't exactly my taste, but I can see where you would like it.
<

bri

Liked Posts:
Well the stripper isn't exactly my taste, but I can see where you would like it.
<