Disc golf (frisbee golf)

bri

Liked Posts:
Do you have any of Ymono working the pole?

bri

Liked Posts:
I think it is suppose to be a little cooler the next few days. You should get some throwing in before the weekend cause I will be blistering again.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I should be okay. I only bitch about the heat at work, and mostly only throw at night. However, it does look like it will be hot this weekend during the day, and that is when I will be at a course if I actually get to one. I don't mind the heat so much throwing at my basket in the yard. I can take breaks in the air conditioning frequently.

Got a new glow disc today. I'm going to try not to throw it until I dye it. Scuffs can make dye bleed under the vinyl sometimes. My other glow discs aren't too scuffed up, but I'll at least be able to keep this one pure before dyeing it. It is a long range driver anyway and I don't have the room to throw it around here unless I go to the school. I likely do not have the arm speed to make it fly as I should on a throw, which could lead to me teaching myself bad form. So I will work on form and arm speed with slower discs while I figure out software and contact pattern making help for dye job.

I wanna put this Dream Theater logo on a disc:

600full-dream-theater.jpg

bri

Liked Posts:
Hun, you should do one of the image of your beloved bird. That would be really special and it would be like he was with you.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Taking a break. Saw a fucking skunk across the street. There aren't many dangerous animals around here but a skunk is one I don't want anywhere around. I think it went back into corn. I was within 4 feet of it before I saw it. Fucker didn't even run after I chucked some gravel at it after I bailed back to other side of the street. I am obviously happy that it did not spray. On another note, there's a dog a couple blocks away or so that has been barking for 2 hours. Fucking dog.

I gotta work early tomorrow (early for me) and don't even know what I will be doing or until when. I'm taking my golf bag and may head to course after work if I'm out too late to catch b-day party I'm missing. (My friend is getting a golf basket for b-day gift!)

The main thing that pisses me off about work is everyone will be there. I don't even know about 25% of them. I'm used to only having 2 other people around and rocking my music or audiobooks LOUDLY. Just hope I can work near my friend/boss and pester him into buying my phone.

bri

Liked Posts:
Too bad you have to miss th.e birthday party. I t is going to be at least 94 every day this week with heat indexes of up to 115. Please be careful.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
More dye ideas, if I can't figure out software I can buy these images in size and format I need. Then they only need to be put in plotter software and cut from there.

6634383-hypnotica.jpg

5992524-optical-illusion.jpg

5425232-vector-spiral-optical-illusion.jpg

bri

Liked Posts:
The third one makes me dizzy. I bet that would look wicked flying through the air.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Drove a half hour to hobby lobby to find they are closed on Sundays. There was a Jo Ann fabrics nearby and I was able to get a bottle each of old formula black and purple dye. The liquid dyes are very easy to tell old formula from new. There is simply a "ND" marking on new bottles. You're right, it is too hot for outdoor activities. I saw that the course was empty on way back from dye hunt. I'm going to stay in front of a couple of fans all week at work and may get some night throwing in when it is slightly less brutally hot.

Think I'll pour a bottle of Stone Ruination ale so I can study the logo.

bri

Liked Posts:
No air conditioning? Hun, you make it sound like you have to be drunk to concentrate.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
There is air conditioning here at home but not at work.

Just excited about finding some ruination, it rarely shows up around here and I got the last 6 pack.

bri

Liked Posts:
Is that like a specialty beer or something. I don't drink beer so I don't know the difference. I think of it all as tasting nasty. If I do drink anything it has to be something you can't taste the alcohol in. 95 percent of what I drink is water.

sth

Liked Posts:
Is that like a specialty beer or something. I don't drink beer so I don't know the difference. I think of it all as tasting nasty. If I do drink anything it has to be something you can't taste the alcohol in. 95 percent of what I drink is water.

It is a microbrew. I don't drink either but it is made at like a little brewery sometimes in a restaurant or something. The tend to have a higher alcohol content so you only need to drink one or two at a time. They are more expensive too.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've been trying to tell you this for years, Bri.

People that don't like beer just haven't found the right beer yet.

The diversity of beer is nearly endless. There are light bodied, crisp and citrusy beers such as Three Floyds Gumballhead wheat, to full bodied, almost thick, blacker than night, imperial stouts with notes of vanilla, roasted grains, and even a bit of plum such as Avery Mephistopheles ($6 per 12oz bottle IF any can be found).

Infinity, my friend! Infinity!

Special B malt can add a bit of raisiny flavor. Maris otter makes a great base grain for the ever lovely yet rarely brewed around here English Extra Special Bitter. Many American varieties of hops provide wonderful flavors and aromas of pine, herbal, citrus ranging all over from lemon to mango, and add bitterness to balance the sweet backbone from the tasty malted grains.

Then there are smoked grains, smoked with peat moss from Scotland for heavy smoke flavor/aroma to the rauchmalt from Germany which uses a different medium for smoke and is lighter than the peat smoked stuff.

Fermenting on top of raspberry puree. Aging on oak chips or even CHILLI PEPPERS!

I could go on and on.

I'm pretty passionate about beer if you couldn't tell.

I'm not drinking yet today but damn one of those ruinations is tempting.

Here's a review of ruination from ratebeer:

Pours amber, medium white head. Clear. Nose is all grapefruit. And I’m not talking piney resiny grapefruit. I mean fresh squeezed citrous grapefruit. Some tangerine in there and then caramel malt too. Taste is strong hop citrous kick. 100+ IBUs and it feels it. Probably just the wrong side of balance for me, so not a big score. Would probably like to feel a bit more of the caramel malt, but that’s not really what this beer is about.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Still haven't touched the ruination but may grab one now. My LED blacklight flashlight crapped out! Now only one of the 21 LEDs lights up. Now I can't get discs to glow! Grr!! Now I'm out $7 with new 51 LED light on way which I will be more careful not to drop.

I also can't help to wonder how glow amd throw would feel and look like while hallucinating. I would have to guess on looking fucking awesome while having poor controls of motor skills and likely lost discs. Wonder if I would try. Hypothetical of course. I would never consider eating hallucinogens if they were not legal.

sth

Liked Posts:
Still haven't touched the ruination but may grab one now. My LED blacklight flashlight crapped out! Now only one of the 21 LEDs lights up. Now I can't get discs to glow! Grr!! Now I'm out $7 with new 51 LED light on way which I will be more careful not to drop.

I also can't help to wonder how glow amd throw would feel and look like while hallucinating. I would have to guess on looking fucking awesome while having poor controls of motor skills and likely lost discs. Wonder if I would try. Hypothetical of course. I would never consider eating hallucinogens if they were not legal.

Don't worry Jam. None of us are narcs, we wouldn't judge you. Just make sure you stay safe while your doing it.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nice and dark and stormy!

Hope it keeps up and keep the heat down.

I did leave my windows down in my car all night though.

Whoops! It's not too bad, most of wet is on passenger side.

I do have some CDs on the seat that I am concerned about though.

Limited edition digi-pack and some autographed liner notes. I think they'll be fine though. I can likely get new autographs at a later date anyway.

bri

Liked Posts:
Are they autographs of Dream Theater? Here's a Hug in case you missed the other thread.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thanks Bri!

No, my rare Japanese liner notes from Dream Theater - Awake are still safe.

In the car I had my copy of The Flower Kings - Retropolis signed by Roine Stolt and Tomas Bodin.

I'm sure I'll see Roine again with one of his many side projects within a year or two.

(Oh please oh please let the Flower Kings come out of hiatus!)

bri

Liked Posts:
Thanks Bri!

No, my rare Japanese liner notes from Dream Theater - Awake are still safe.

In the car I had my copy of The Flower Kings - Retropolis signed by Roine Stolt and Tomas Bodin.

I'm sure I'll see Roine again with one of his many side projects within a year or two.

(Oh please oh please let the Flower Kings come out of hiatus!)

I am going to PM you about something later, but I don't have time to do it now cause I gotta go to work.