Disc golf (frisbee golf)

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wow! Too hot and humid even at 1:30 am. Not so much the heat but the humidity. My discs were wet just from flying through the air! I am quite pleased with my new glow charger flashlight. I am amazed at how quickly it arrived and it charges my discs to glow much brighter. It is quite a bit more bulky though and I certainly hope it lasts more than the month that the smaller one did.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Work sucked too. So hot!!! I stayed in front of two fans and kept cool though. (Compressed air blown into pants pockets and boots drops body temp greatly)

The main thing that sucked was that we have VISITORS. I'm not used to any people being around, much less important VISITORS. They also delayed me getting my stereo out for music and audiobooks by almost 2 hours! Dammit! I work off shift by choice mainly for that reason.

Who the fuck am I kidding? I've got it good. I got to see all the day shift guys Saturday. I haven't seen most of them in months. I have bosses I forgot I had. All the poor day shift guys wish they were me. Especially my boss. That guy has been like an adopted older brother to me for the last decade or so. Got all my bullshit heavy work (that displeases VISITORS) out of the way. Lighter work upcoming. Getting back to my audiobook adventures may be delayed for a few days though. Boo!

bri

Liked Posts:
You should wear something cool around your neck to keep your body temp down. I liked the old cooldannas better because they little gel packs that you could put in the freezer. The newer ones you soak in cold water for 10 minutes.

http://www.cooldannas.com/

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My dad gave me some sort of tube thing to put around neck last summer. I have lost it since but I do have a shammy towel I can wet and place around neck/shoulderblades. Much worse today. My glasses fog up as soon as I walk outside. At least I have the okay from bosses to be lazy. I'm busier than I have been since last fall, but bosses don't want us to be too miserable (or dead).

I just hope our visitors leave earlier today. I am anxious to hear what happens to my homies in my book. They got captured by the Americans but I think the doctor's ex woman is gonna bust 'em out.

I will have lighter work tonight. I think I ran all of my real gravy stuff a couple weeks ago though.

Fuck it. I'm good at all of it so it's all gravy.

bri

Liked Posts:
Sorry the weather hasn't been better for you. Hopefully, you will have some nice Fall days to play in. I love Fall and Spring. Maybe you can use the Winter to work on your designs.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well I get to sit in the AC all day tomorrow. I work until midnight and they want me in at 6 am tomorrow.

Uh...hell no! I don't go to bed until 4 or 5. I'm calling in for safety reasons.

Other than that it looks like I have enough work to last me until November.

bri

Liked Posts:
What happens in November? Do you get laid off?

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No. Nothing like that. It's just that we got a huge order in today and it will likely take me months to get all of it done on my end. Lots of overtime coming up. I generally like overtime but hate it in summer.

Back home cooling off in AC finally. Too hot to even think completely clearly today. I still think I made the right descision about tomorrow. I know too many people that died falling asleep at the wheel. Sure as hell don't need that or to get fired for sleeping at work. Management types often seem to think everyone wants to work days and can switch shifts within 6 hours on 14 hours notice.

bri

Liked Posts:
You should just lay around like a dead hog today and try to stay cool. Wear something cool and comfortable that is soft against your skin.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah. That is the plan. AC is going like mad and I also have a fan.

I'm going back to bed. Oh so tired still.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Article in the Tribune today about heat.

Says heat kills more people in the US than hurricanes, lightning, tornados, floods, and earthquakes combined. Also said that it is the hottest it has been since 2005.

Go away evil, mean heat!!! We're not friends!!!

bri

Liked Posts:
Hope you got rested up. We are suppose to have a few days in the 80s. Then it will shoot back up. If you have Sports Resort you can practice.

sth

Liked Posts:
Hope you got rested up. We are suppose to have a few days in the 80s. Then it will shoot back up. If you have Sports Resort you can practice.

In fact Bri it was 83 here in Montana today after it was 97 yesterday. Today was a perfect day beautiful. Tomorrow will be great for you guys.

sth

Liked Posts:
No it won't. It's suppose to be 95.

Well it may be Friday. I don't know how long weather from here takes to get to you guys. But it was very nice here. I felt bad with you guys roasting out there.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's pretty nice out right now.

The 10 day forecast looks really good after tomorrow.

I think I may have cooked myself a bit too much over the last few days. I feel chilly in the AC now and nearly did outside a few minutes ago. Traded shirt for one with sleeves.

A friend of mine says he was at a course in the suburbs last night and saw an overloaded transformer explode.

I think it was a bad idea on his part to partake in outdoor physical activities. Or hell, indoor activities also. Such as working.

It's cool enough for throwing now, but I still doubt I will. I may go outside and watch for planes and animals though.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fucking skunk is back!

I did not see it this time but smelled it as I was sitting in garage with fan blowing in cooler air from outside.

I hope my neighbor's cat kills it, but I think kitty is kind of a pussy.

How the hell does one make an area unattractive to skunks?

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fucking skunk is back!

I did not see it this time but smelled it as I was sitting in garage with fan blowing in cooler air from outside.

I hope my neighbor's cat kills it, but I think kitty is kind of a pussy.

How the hell does one make an area unattractive to skunks?

By use of a pellet gun?

As for the heat living in South Texas I'm used 95+ daily for 3 months of the year. Just have to plan ahead and hydrate, hydrate, hydrate. Mowed the lawn last night form 6-830pm, it as 97 when I sarted and 93 when I finished according to my yard thermometer. It's the drought thats killing us this year. Haven't had a real thunderstorm in 6-7 weeks. We need rain bad.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I always thought that skunks would spray by default when shot. No pellet gun anymore and rifle fire would go over very poorly in my neighborhood. I didn't smell it anymore after an hour anyway. Skunk was likely just passing through.

I'm sitting in garage now to acclimate myself to the heat before work. I don't mind sweating and being tired but not being able to think straight really bugs me. I don't want to act in an irrational manner.

Fingers crossed for light work that keeps me near my fans and audiobook machine.

sth

Liked Posts:
Don't be too hard on the skunk. He is probably in love with a black cat that walked under a freshly painted white fence so she has a white stripe down her back.