Disc golf (frisbee golf)

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Storm this morning knocked spots of corn flat across the street. Came from north from way corn lays to south.

bri

Liked Posts:
Hoping fortune shines on you this week and brings you some good weather for throwing. I know you must be getting antsy.

sth

Liked Posts:
Maybe it knocked out your skunk too.

Sorry I can't help it I have to post this.

Pepe-Le-Pew-looney-tunes-756088_548_412.jpg

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ugh. I don't think I will be able to finish this job tonight. 12 hours off until work tomorrow, hopefully I can put in 2 long days and avoid working. Saturday.

Boss did the really shitty half of the job but left me a horrible mess. However, it looks like I will be leaving the mess for him. I really really need to finish as much of this job as I can. I think that takes priority over clean up in this instance.

Good news.

I found many varieties of glow discs on sale in the best glowing, most durable, best for dying plastic. 20% off. I think I'm going to pick out a few after work. For example, I found the 1st that I know of putter in good glow plastic. My putters are in less durable plastic that does not glow very bright or for very long. The plastic also is known for smearing dye. Think I'll get a putter and maybe a windy day driver or 2.

bri

Liked Posts:
Glad to hear something good is happening for someone. It feels so good when you find something you really want or need on sale. My new shapeups that I got were over 50% off and have turned out to be the most comfortable shoes I have ever owned.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hooray! I finished that wretched job and even cleaned up some of the mess. (boss say he'll buy me lunch Friday if I cleaned up his mess)

Also confirmed to work 2 long days in exchange for Saturday off.

I get to go to a 4 year old's birthday party.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
3 glow discs on the way. 2 drivers and a putter, all suitable for headwinds and dyeing.

Still no word from any potential dye stencil help. No local sign shop to get scraps from to practice cutting by hand either. Maybe after birthday party I can hunt down some old dye and maybe vinyl at hobby lobby. Then hit course of course.

Not much throwing lately, just a dozen or so throws most nights. Saving body for heat and busyness at work. I've got so much work to do but that's why they all love me. I get to reap the praise of day shift a bit over the next 2 days. (cuts down on my book/rock & roll time though)

bri

Liked Posts:
It is always nice to have your effort appreciated. They obviously consider you a valuable employee. I'm sure you appreciate their flexibility. Now you can enjoy the party and show up with the perfect gift for the little sprite.

As for your discs, maybe you can just experiment on some of those till you get the technical help you need.

bri

Liked Posts:
Sorry, Jam, I just saw the forecast and it says another 5 days of excessive heat.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fuck em. I got it made today.

Sitting on my ass running easiest job I have ever had for time and a half.

Boss threw me some cash for lunch, so in turn I am buying pizza for my shift.

Now I just have to wait a bit for management types to leave and I can get back to my book.

bri

Liked Posts:
That is very kind and thoughtful of you. Bacon Cheeseburger and Barbecue are my favorites.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I like taco pizza.

The ultimate Mexican - Italian hybrid.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've been told that about casey's taco pizza by several people.

Scored more dye!

Sunshine orange and navy blue in liquid, and dark green in powder.

The blue and the green were obviously old formula. They have older style labeling than the other boxes and bottles. They appear to have been made in 2009. I am iffy about the orange though, it seems to be from earlier this year, and says "new" on bottle, but the cap was not marked with "ND" to marks the new formula dyes.

No luck finding vinyl though.I'm gonna look around online. I think I can get enough for all my discs plus some practice cuts for $10 or so.

I also saw a blindfolded horse. What the fuck?!?

sth

Liked Posts:
I've been told that about casey's taco pizza by several people.

Scored more dye!

Sunshine orange and navy blue in liquid, and dark green in powder.

The blue and the green were obviously old formula. They have older style labeling than the other boxes and bottles. They appear to have been made in 2009. I am iffy about the orange though, it seems to be from earlier this year, and says "new" on bottle, but the cap was not marked with "ND" to marks the new formula dyes.

No luck finding vinyl though.I'm gonna look around online. I think I can get enough for all my discs plus some practice cuts for $10 or so.

I also saw a blindfolded horse. What the fuck?!?

Maybe he was doing some kind of sexy game with a female horse?

bri

Liked Posts:
No purple. You gotta do something in purple.

Don't know what to tell you about the horse. Mr Ed had a sleeping mask I think.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I do have purple that I think will work, but I'm not sure what to use it on yet.

I only have 2 sure ideas of what to do on what disc.The navy blue, black, or dark green will work for either.

I have vinyl on the way. Still no luck with software and plotter help, so I will try to cut by hand.

The vinyl I got fits into printer. All I have to do is print image, cut out with x-acto knife, then do all the rest.

But dammit! I am having trouble with images.

I want to scale my image up to fill a page, so I scale to 8.5 inch width. Then save as bitmap. Then when I go to print preview, it wants to print it in center of 4 pages.

I think I need to cut out all of the unused border space.

I suck at working with images and visual things. I need a blueprint and a machine to shine.

But I'm gonna rock these fucking discs!

My first project is this on my favorite disc:

DreamTheater_Logo2.jpg

It is giving me trouble getting to size and all.

If I can get that one to take and look awesome I may try this:

7462718-leopard-executed-in-the-form-of-a-tattoo.jpg

On my Leopard disc of course, but I don't know if I can hand cut that without simplifying it.

Everything in black would need to be cut and peeled away from rest of the vinyl.

Oh, party was fun. Much of what you could expect of a spoiled 4 year old little girl's party. Kiddo was too wet from pool to hug me so I had to settle for high fives but that's cool. She was the one to run up and jump in my lap to give me a huge hug and kiss on cheek when the Hawks won the Cup. Little shit wasn't even 3 then but I taught her parents to train her well.