Disc golf (frisbee golf)

bri

Liked Posts:
Are you using sick days or do you have to use vacation?

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm just taking unpaid time off.

Not today though. Just talked to boss and one of the 3 people on my shift has called off of work today.

Now if I don't work, the 3rd guy can't work by himself for safety reasons.

So I AM going to work today, but boss said he'll give me gravy job and a chair to sit in when I need to get off my feet.

I fuckin' love those guys.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sweet! Work kissed my ass for coming in tonight.

My boss is going to work my shift for a couple of weeks to carry stuff around for me and I get to train a new guy too.

I haven't gotten to train anyone for quite awhile, that will be nice. I'm pretty good at teaching people my job.

So I get to get paid by not missing work, but I won't have to do much actual work, and I will finally get some good bullshitting time in with my old friend/boss. Maybe I can finally taunt him into that game of chess.

Sir Mike of Burbs

Liked Posts:
I just got a new champion wraith yesterday. Did a round with it. Still kinda getting used to it. If I had to say right now I'd say that I like the Orc better. Could have just had a bad round though.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hi Mike!

I've never thrown an orc or wraith but I hear good things about them both. I like my leo quite a bit (champ glow). I'm also liking my valk & teebird in same plastic but have only thrown them a few times.

I absolutely love my big bead aviar. (champ glow, you might see a pattern here, haha) That sucker is money!

Back to work....

This training thing is going to be okay I think. Turns out that the guy I am training has worked at a couple of other places I have worked. I know what he is familiar with and he seems to have more than a basic knowledge of the job. Knowing some of the people we have both worked for makes it easy to help him realize how much better he has it now if he listens to me and doesn't fuck up.

Pretty damn good first day I must say. Now that I know he's not an idiot, I will let him do all of the work from here out while I sit and let my back get better.

I also have the option to go to day shift after he is trained but I like how shit is now, and I think it would even be best for the company for me to stay on off shift. He will have help around if he needs it, I will have my stereo cranking and no one around to bug me.

bri

Liked Posts:
Hey, Jam, hope the back is good as new. Any progress on the the dyeing?

Sir Mike of Burbs

Liked Posts:
The Orc is pretty good with the way I throw. (I think it would be considered side arm) I do pretty well with it but still lots of room to improve. I'm experimenting with different discs for different uses. Way more complicated then I thought it would be.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
+1 to the complicated part.

I've been throwing a bit here and then when I'm not too sore. No drives or even shooting at my basket, but just a few short/mid approach distance throws. Then I get sore and have to sit down again.

I can't drive sidearm for shit (or backhand for that matter, haha), but I can throw it pretty straight for shorter approach shots, depending on the disc of course.

I'm not so good with hyzer and anyhyzer angles with the sidearm though.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hey, Jam, hope the back is good as new. Any progress on the the dyeing?

Oh, hi Bri.

My back is a little better but about kind of about the same. I have more endurance now it seems before I get sore.

I haven't been doing anything on the dyeing. I have to sit on the floor to cut with a light under my glass coffee table and I don't think sitting in such a posture would be good for my back now. I'll just have to wait to work on that project.

bri

Liked Posts:
Oh, hi Bri.

My back is a little better but about kind of about the same. I have more endurance now it seems before I get sore.

I haven't been doing anything on the dyeing. I have to sit on the floor to cut with a light under my glass coffee table and I don't think sitting in such a posture would be good for my back now. I'll just have to wait to work on that project.

You just don't seem like a glass coffee table guy. I pictured you with something more rustic.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My back feels about the same but I got lots of good throwing in today and I don't feel any worse. Maybe even better.

I did not get to a course but rather a friend and I played 2 shot HORSE around the yard and neighborhood. Same as HORSE only you get an approach shot and a putt. The variation makes it more than a putting contest. I would try to line up my tee off spot to favor throws that I am better at like around and/or over trees and bushes.

That was quite a bit of fun. I got about as much throwing in as I would at a course, just with less distance.

I think I will be good for some actual course time again for upcoming long weekend.

bri

Liked Posts:
Imagine how great it will be on those beautiful Fall days when the sun is reflecting off the changing leaves and there is just a slight crispness in the air.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Kick ass! I normally don't start work until 3 or 3:30, but I was out by 1 today!

I ended up driving by disc golf course at the nearby junior college on my errands and it was PACKED. There must have been 2 dozen cars there and on the way back I saw a huge group of people. I would guess it was probably a disc golf class.

I may have some free time over the next couple of days and get back over there. I might even go back this evening well after class hours.

bri

Liked Posts:
Bet you are looking forward to the long weekend.. Hope you can get some practice in.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Indeed I am looking forward to my long weekend.

I have plans to make plans for throwing with a friend at some point.

It looks like Saturday is going to be hot and maybe stormy though.

My friend says he has been getting a bug to play chess lately so I will take my new set over and talk him into a game or two, bad weather or not. My new set arrives tomorrow (well, today). I expect it to be be unique and absolutely beautiful. (my first nicer than basic set)

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My chess set was here when I got home from work.

Yes, it is rather beautiful....

IMG_20110903_004219.jpg

....but they sent me the wrong set!

The black marble is correct, but they sent me marina stone when I clearly ordered coral.

This sucks as I won't be able to contact them until Tuesday. Shipping back to west coast will take most of the week, and I would be lucky to have the set I actually ordered by the middle of the week after next.

On the bright side, after seeing how nice the set is, and that it has a functional and pretty case, I am REALLY looking forward to getting my REAL set.

edit (later):

Got a new idea. The set I ordered was same retail price as the one I received, but I got it on sale. I could just keep this set and;"save"; $40, but once I mentioned the fact I was getting a marble chess set to my boss he was intrigued. He already said we have to play this weekend, so maybe I can sell it to him at my cost with shipping (or slightly above, only slightly, I know where my bread is buttered, haha), then just order again and leave note to send the right set this time. Oh yeah, I think I can even leave a review for the wrong set they sent (I will give good review) and get another discount.

If I can talk my boss into this great opportunity he has to purchase such a beautiful chess set, I can come out even cheaper than I got on sale price.

That marina stone is really nice, both bishops have nice streaks of white.

It is still not coral stone.

bri

Liked Posts:
Maybe you could save it as a Christmas gift or birthday gift for someone if he doesn't want it. Is chess your winter sport of choice?

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Maybe. I enjoy watching hockey during the winter. I also enjoy sleeping as well as bitching about the cold.

Disc golf is not impossible during winter by any means.