Disc golf (frisbee golf)

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
oh yeah, the cricut.

BOO!!!

I found out you can only use images on the cartridges you buy from them.

I kind of know someone that may have something similar that would be useable for custom images but I can't get in touch with my middleman contact so to speak. I may be able to track him down with some careful searching though.

bri

Liked Posts:
I would think there would be something out there in the craft area that you could get to make this process easier.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm pretty excited to get this dyeing show on the road soon.

My vinyl should be here by mid week.

Have a simple idea for one of my new discs in transit. It's just some 3D text (that I have yet to find or generate).

I may use the purple on it.

I'm not sure if this is true or not, but earlier today I read that RIT only made new formula black powder in one test batch, shipped it, then switched back. There may be continuous availability of working black dye.

It is getting foggy out and making my discs wet again with humidity but temp is really really nice now.

I'll throw some more if fog gets REALLY thick.

bri

Liked Posts:
I am looking forward to seeing before and after pics.

bri

Liked Posts:
Thought you could use a
<
today.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Got my vinyl but I don't think I can use it.

I am having a terrible time getting the vinyl to cut cleanly and NOT go through the backing.

I will keep practicing and maybe I will have a breakthrough moment.

But now, it ever so nice out. I'm going to hang outside throwing for most of rest of the night.

bri

Liked Posts:
I'm sure it will take time to perfect your techniques, but don't give up hope. You will probably have an epiphany when you least expect it. I usually have mine when I'm taking a bath and am super relaxed or when I'm trying to fall asleep.

bri

Liked Posts:
Thought you'd be posting about all the throwing practice you got in.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ah, throwing has been ok.

Not much practice lately, but when I have gotten throws in I think my "snap" at end of throw and follow through have been much better

I will get to course tomorrow (today).

Not much practice in due to heat (that is tailing off finally), and work.

I've been putting a lot of my own time into writing programs and such to make my job more efficient.

Work on my own time has lead to MUCH more work for me since I am only one that can do my job. (I am shifting manual time consuming work to my much faster computer machine) Everyone else I know that can is either in a "better" job (so they think) or I completely hide their existence so they can't take my job.

In the end, I am going to get a lot of overtime, and thanks to my skills, it will be gravy overtime (and reg time), rather than needlessly busting my ass when I can tell a machine to bust its ass instead.

bri

Liked Posts:
Ah, throwing has been ok.

Not much practice lately, but when I have gotten throws in I think my "snap" at end of throw and follow through have been much better

I will get to course tomorrow (today).

Not much practice in due to heat (that is tailing off finally), and work.

I've been putting a lot of my own time into writing programs and such to make my job more efficient.

Work on my own time has lead to MUCH more work for me since I am only one that can do my job. (I am shifting manual time consuming work to my much faster computer machine) Everyone else I know that can is either in a "better" job (so they think) or I completely hide their existence so they can't take my job.

In the end, I am going to get a lot of overtime, and thanks to my skills, it will be gravy overtime (and reg time), rather than needlessly busting my ass when I can tell a machine to bust its ass instead.

Well, aren't you the little smartie pants? You're creating your own job security and you get to look like a genius. I bow at your altar.

bri

Liked Posts:
Weather sounds promising for some good throwing this week.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Weather is awesome!

My printer ran out of ink so until I got more ink today I was unable to get any vinyl cutting in.

I just MAY be able to do this. I only cut through the backing in a little spot. My other cuts weren't great but a starting point.

I'm going to keep trying. I think a simple silhouette outline would be better for first one.

Text makes for thin lines to cut (and that is hard).

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Stupid back!

Fucker is grabbing my sciatic nerve and making my leg hurt like a motherfucker.

Laying down or sitting is ok, but standing or walking for more than a minute or two is agony.

Tried to deal with it but it got pretty unbearable by Wednesday night.

Didn't work last night, and am off to see chiropractor this afternoon.

Obviously no throwing, just trying to get comfortable then move as little as possible.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Back is a bit better after visit to chiropractor. I am able to stay on feet and walk longer before pain sets in and forces me to sit. I am pretty much sitting for awhile, then walking around until I have to sit again. Seems to be getting a bit better. Hopefully by Monday I will be nice and loose and can go back to work. I ran into my boss about 10 minutes after I left doc's and he say not to worry about it, take time and fix my shit, but I really want to get back to work. Not only for money, but there is lots of work to do that won't get done correctly if I'm not there.

This is the first time I have worked for caring, understanding people.

I love my job almost as much as my job loves me.

bri

Liked Posts:
I had that same problem two weeks ago. I could hardly get out of bed. Is your chiropractor the traditional bonecrusher kind? I have always gone to a chiropractor that uses this little gun like instrument to pop you back in place. It is much less stressful on the body.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Activator_technique

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
yeah, I have old school guy (that I went to high school with). Grabbed my arm, twisted me around, jumped on my back, etc. I will be switching soon since they don't take my insurance from work. I just needed something quick. I'm supposed to go back Monday morning, then Wednesday and Friday too. But I think after Monday I am going to hunt down someone that works with my ins co. Right now I feel as if I were on the mend. I don't want to be too optimistic, but I do hope to continue on an upward path. Without any setbacks, I think I shall be feeling quite well by Sunday.

bri

Liked Posts:
It sucks to not feel good so I will send healing thoughts your way.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Going to see chiro again in a couple hours.

Will hopefully feel up to working after. Probably won't know until an hour or so before my shift though.

I was able to walk all the way around my house without having to stop and sit, but leg still hurts.

It's still early though, so I have yet to see if it stays the same, gets better, or gets worse as day goes on.

I am pretty pessimistic but I will try.

bri

Liked Posts:
Does heat help? You could try one of those heat patches.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nope, doc told me to ice it.

Just got my back twisted and jumped on again. Seemed to get more movement this time.

Not sure about work today, going to see how I feel after some ice and some time and call boss at 1 to let him know my status.

Without any setbacks I think I should be able to work by tomorrow.