Ditka on Mike and Mike this morning

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The defense is horrible because they got old and injured.

How do you blame a guy who has been here half a season for a defense that got old and injured?

Trestman won 6 games despite inheriting a mess on defense, which is impressive to me.

The D got old and injured..Yes they should have taken a step back...But they are just horrible..Thats beyond injury excuses...The ST is a mess under Joe D

all on Trestman

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Because they have a great coach in Mike McCarthy.

Great coaching overcomes injuries to stay in the playoff picture.

We have a better record than the Packers so why is and McCarthy a good coach and Trestman is a bad coach.

Oh, I think Rodgers has made McCarthy look waaaaaaaaaaaay better at coaching than he really is.

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well, considering the Bears lost Pro Bowlers at every level of the defense, that seems to be like a bigger blow than just that one player, regardless of how good that one player is.
Rodgers is the whole packer team...without him, they suck, and theyre still in it.. Thats the parity in the nfl...same for us

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Rodgers is the whole packer team...without him, they suck, and theyre still in it.. Thats the parity in the nfl...same for us

Wait a minute.

Packers lose Rodgers, they suck, but they're still in it.

Bears lose their three defensive studs (33, 55, 69), they suck, but they're still in it, too. But that's, using your words, "all on Trestman."

So what's the problem?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The defense being shitty is on Jerry Angelo.

Phil Emery inherited a team with 0 offensive talent and an aging defense and had to spend his time rebuilding the offense that was ignored for 10 years.

In the process the defense got old and needs to be rebuilt.

This thing is headed in the right direction.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Wait a minute.

Bears lose their three defensive studs (33, 55, 69), they suck, but they're still in it, too. But that's, using your words, "all on Trestman."

So what's the problem?

Cutler has missed just as much time as Rodgers as well.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
The defense being shitty is on Jerry Angelo.

Phil Emery inherited a team with 0 offensive talent and an aging defense and had to spend his time rebuilding the offense that was ignored for 10 years.

In the process the defense got old and needs to be rebuilt.

This thing is headed in the right direction.

I'll want to see how they handle the defense before I can firmly say it's headed in the right direction, but I'm pretty happy with how the offense is shaping up.

R_Mac_1

Liked Posts:
Ummm...the Packers are still in it because of their record before the injury to Rodgers. Since he's been out, they've lost 3 games and tied a bad team they dominated a month prior. I'm not sure why were acting like they've done well without Rodgers because they haven't.

Sent from my Infected Rezound using Tapatalk

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wait a minute.

So what's the problem?

I dont get ya...explain please

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The Bears are winning games with a decimated defense and a back up QB.

That is on Trestman.

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
youre bragging cause the Bears are 1 game above 500 when they were swept by our rivals and 1 of those games was lost on coaching decisions?

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I dont get ya...explain please

It's a double standard. You're blasting Trestman for the struggles on the defense this year, because of injuries. But then you mention the Packers with this line:

Almost every team has injuries...The packers lost one of the best QB's in the league and they are still in it also..

The Bears are still in it, too. In fact, they're ahead of the Packers in the standings.

So why aren't you bashing McCarthy like you're bashing Trestman?

R_Mac_1

Liked Posts:
It's a double standard. You're blasting Trestman for the struggles on the defense this year, because of injuries. But then you mention the Packers with this line:

The Bears are still in it, too. In fact, they're ahead of the Packers in the standings.

Because that doesn't back his argument.

Sent from my Infected Rezound using Tapatalk

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Cause I dont know that much about McCarthy. I havent watched many of their games..I cant say that McCarthy left his injured QB in a game so long that it was lost cause of it..I cant say that McCarthy keeps calling the same shitty play on 4th and 1 only to fail...etc etc etc..But I CAN say that about Trestman cause I see it every week Plus..I dont care about the packers..Im not a fan

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Cause I dont know that much about Mccarthy. I havent watched many of their games..I cant say that Mccarthy left his injured QB in a game so long that it was lost cause of it..I cant say that Mccarthy keeps calling the same shitty play on 4th and 1 only to fail...etc etc etc..But I CAN say that about Trestman cause I see it every week

But the results, man. The results.

Trestman's results are, at least, the same and actually slightly better based on the standings.

And, as WC said, he's ALSO been getting those results with a backup QB.

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Trestman's results are, at least, the same and actually slightly better based on the standings.

like i said..I cant compare McCarthy and Trestman cause I know very little about McCarthy and the packers inner workings like I do with the Bears.

as for the backup QB..There are many on this board that say he is better than the starter...

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
All I can do is call it like I see it with Trestman..he isnt doing a very good overall job IMO

The O is good, but the rest sucks and the injury excuse is thin, cause the replacement players arent being coached well. The ST is bad also

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:

A backup QB with better efficiency numbers than the starter. It's really about the many talented weapons who have remained healthy. That the D was so thin to begin with and not doing so good before the injuries piled up keeps me from excusing what it has become.