Ditka on Mike and Mike this morning

Milton Waddams

Liked Posts:
Even in those games we couldn't stop the run. Almost let James Starks and Lacey beat us vs GB, and Rice who's been TERRIBLE this year gashed us for his best game of the season.

Yeah, there's no sugarcoating the run D. It's been pathetic. But the WAS & STL games - the whole D was pathetic. In those 2 games, they ran at will…and anytime they needed a pass, they passed at will too. They just picked the holes in the zone and threw it there. In the other games (GB, DET, BAL), the pass D was a lot better. We made them miss, broke up passes, etc…

paytonisgod

Liked Posts:
Just to put things in perspective the Pats gave up 280 rushing yards against Denver last night and they still won the game. I would certainly like our D to play better, but just because we have a weak rushing D doesn't mean we can't still win most games provided the other parts of the team steps up.

malcore

986 yards rushing given up by the Bears D over the last 5 games

Almost 200 yards per game at a 6 yard per carry clip.

2-3 over that stretch. You won't win the bulk of your games this way.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just to put things in perspective the Pats gave up 280 rushing yards against Denver last night and they still won the game. I would certainly like our D to play better, but just because we have a weak rushing D doesn't mean we can't still win most games provided the other parts of the team steps up.
We ain't the Pats, that much is certain.

malcore

You are talking about one game though and in that game the Pats basically eliminated the great Peyton Manning and the Broncos passing game for most of the night. The Pats DID NOT CARE how many yards the Broncos got on the ground last night.

And, what Spartan said.

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

The Patriots had more yards and less turnovers and barely won by 3 points in overtime thanks to a fluke punt.

paytonisgod

Liked Posts:
New England rushing yards allowed per game: 139.7
Chicago rushing yards allowed per game: 145.2

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
It's no longer a secret regardless of our defensive alignment. We are bad at the first, second and third level against the run.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
You are talking about one game though and in that game the Pats basically eliminated the great Peyton Manning and the Broncos passing game for most of the night. The Pats DID NOT CARE how many yards the Broncos got on the ground last night.

And, what Spartan said.
Belichick's mindset is always take away their greatest threat. He'll sellout and give you the run game in order to stop the passing attack and he'll intimidate Welker at the same time and make him drop several passes and then decide at the last moment he's too scared to even attempt to catch a punt.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
New England rushing yards allowed per game: 139.7
Chicago rushing yards allowed per game: 145.2

Let's see the numbers for the last 5 games. THe league knows they can run at will against the Bears. Vikings next week could call the running play out at the line and still get 6 yards a carry.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
tumblr_mbu8goYMYj1qclcbeo1_500.jpg

Ari Bear

Hall of Famer
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
When your defense gives up that many rushing yards 95% of the time your going to lose! We are playing with a back-up quarterback that has played decent but thats not enough you need some defense! The only reason the Pats won that game is because they have arguably the best quarterback of all-time in Tom Brady who even out played P.Manning in that game.. Give up 280 rushing yds and will lose practically everytime.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
What corner? I think Trestman is a clown. I didn't talk about Lovie with such disrespect. Trestman and his wisdom. We are 0-0, we vaccinate success, his 2 minute speech about not taking a timeout (two minutes of BS and wrong statistics to mask that he was wrong). The guy is a jackass. You'll see. Nothing to do with him winning at Lambeau. I've seen plenty of Packer losses at Lambeau and Milwaukee County Stadium, even some fun ones at Camp Randall.

Trestman takes 10-6 to 6-5 and he's using math!

What was Lovie's record when a backup QB was forced to be the starter in his first year?

paytonisgod

Liked Posts:
In no way am I saying winning with our current D issues is easy, but it can be done. Other than the Rams game we have been with in one score of the other team in every game. And this last one only got out of hand at the end with some late turnovers. We've been in every game. If the offense can start executing a little more consistently and the D stiffens up even a little we can still win some games.

malcore

In no way am I saying winning with our current D issues is easy, but it can be done. Other than the Rams game we have been with in one score of the other team in every game. And this last one only got out of hand at the end with some late turnovers. We've been in every game. If the offense can start executing a little more consistently and the D stiffens up even a little we can still win some games.

The problem I have is this team has struggled with the run all year, and it has snowballed since we allowed Brandon Jacobs to beast for the Giants. We went into this game knowing that we needed to improve on the run D and knowing that stopping the Rams' run game and forcing Clemens to throw was the key to victory.

I realize the quick 2 scores by the Rams made this more difficult, but with all that said, 29 carries and 258 yards later the Bears were dealt arguably their worst loss The other contenders being the Lions games.

Yes, you can win games with a bad run defense, but likely not most or even half of them.

Chad_Thomas89

BANNED
Liked Posts:
What corner? I think Trestman is a clown. I didn't talk about Lovie with such disrespect. Trestman and his wisdom. We are 0-0, we vaccinate success, his 2 minute speech about not taking a timeout (two minutes of BS and wrong statistics to mask that he was wrong). The guy is a jackass. You'll see. Nothing to do with him winning at Lambeau. I've seen plenty of Packer losses at Lambeau and Milwaukee County Stadium, even some fun ones at Camp Randall.

mindblown.gif
Lovie Smith took a 7-9 team and went 4-12 his first year. Two years later, we were knocking at the Super Bowl.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't get how people can determine their opinion on Trestman's abilities as a coach after 11 games.

This is no new kid on the block. Twice he was an offensive coordinator in the NFL, and both times he was fired after one year. Circumstances did cause that though, like the whole coaching staff getting fired. To me, I think that he would make a great offensive coordinator.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers

mindblown.gif

Good God you are a terrible poster.