Does anyone else struggle to like what has become of the NFL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Really, this is your response? Do you have any idea how serious things like chronic traumatic encephalopathy are, especially with today's athletes being so much bigger, stronger and faster than they were even 30 years ago? Don't be a meatball.
Truth.

I referee high school football, and have seen players receive concussions on the field. It is a scary, scary thing to see. Add NFL players who actually know what they are doing, and add that they are faster and stronger and multiply the scary factor by 10.

As far as the 'Brady Rule,' I believe that revolves around defensive players launching themselves at or below the knees. How that is any different than flagging an offensive lineman for chop blocking.....I guess I don't know.

As for the touching of the heads, you have to remember that if a QB has just made a throw, he is in a defenseless position. He is less able in that situation to take or absorb a hit than say, a running back on a toss sweep.

I simply don't, and probably never will, understand how protecting the players, especially those that put fans in the seats and make the league money, is a bad thing.

MRN

MRNeverwearthesamething
Donator
Liked Posts:
They protect the QB way too much, that's the only problem I have. He's a football player too, right? Let's act like it.

MRN

MRNeverwearthesamething
Donator
Liked Posts:
^ meatball

Lol, if you're saying I like to see people get hit, then yes, I am a meatball. I'll admit, I love seeing football played the way it was MEANT to be played.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Lol, if you're saying I like to see people get hit, then yes, I am a meatball. I'll admit, I love seeing football played the way it was MEANT to be played.
I love to see players get hit as well. What I don't like to see are careers ruined by hits to the head and players who are hit when they are in defenseless positions.

This isn't a hard concept to grasp.

To take it to an extreme, it seems like some of you would be happy to have the face mask penalty taken away.

Lefty

Liked Posts:

By slow-footed white guys that bash eachother's brains in to the point where they're drooling uncontrollably by age 40? No thanks. :rolleyes:

Saluki

Liked Posts:
I don't struggle to like it, the only thing i have a problem with is roughness being called on a defender who's going full speed already and hits a WR in the air and gets called for helmet to helmet or leading with the head, you know how hard it is to stop and aim when two guys are going that fast? Let the men play. Also rules about what can be written on shirts worn under shoulder pads, or about writing on eye black or nose strips, who gives a shit if somebody wants to put RIP or 719 in their eyeblack? It's not like their running down the field holding a billboard that says hi mom.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I don't struggle to like it, the only thing i have a problem with is roughness being called on a defender who's going full speed already and hits a WR in the air and gets called for helmet to helmet or leading with the head, you know how hard it is to stop and aim when two guys are going that fast?
Simple solution might be to tackle without leading with your head.

Lefty

Liked Posts:
That's not the way the game was meant to be played, Prope. Concussions and severe brain injuries for all!!!11!

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Experts warn about repeated brain blows in football
The brain of the late Cincinnati Bengals pass receiver Chris Henry contained so many signs of chronic disease -- sludge, tangles and threads associated with late-in-life dementia or Alzheimer's -- that it shows a football player can sustain life-altering head trauma without ever being diagnosed with a concussion.

"This is not something to celebrate. It is not something to be joyful about. It is something that is very humbling, very introspective. It is a call to action.

"I'm not calling for the eradication of football; no, I'm asking for full disclosure to the players. Like the surgeon general considers smoking to be dangerous to your health, repeated impacts of the brain are dangerous to your health and will affect you later in life. Period. The players need to know this.

Game Brain: Profiles: GQ

Lefty

Liked Posts:
DAH BUT ITS DA NO FUN LEAGUE!!111!

/meatballs

Lefty

Liked Posts:
Or how about: DAH WHO WOULDN'T KNOW THAT PLAYING FOOTBALL MIGHT BE BAD FOR YOUR HEALTH, THEY KNOW THIS ALREADY.

/meatballs missing the point

Lefty

Liked Posts:
If anyone is interested (and all you "they protect the players too much" people should be), I think we are going to try to squeeze this in on tonight's show, so I want to see all the defenders call in and either apologize for being meatballs, or to explain their unchanged stance.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Good point. They should just get rid of pads and go to the flags.

The integrity of the sport has already been lost...theyre pretty much there already.

.......Yeah I'm sure the sport of football has lost it's "integrity" by trying to keep it's players safer so they aren't vegetables by the time they are 65.

One would have to think that you have no idea what the word "integrity" even means.

Seanway21

Liked Posts:
.......Yeah I'm sure the sport of football has lost it's "integrity" by trying to keep it's players safer so they aren't vegetables by the time they are 65.

One would have to think that you have no idea what the word "integrity" even means.

ahahahahaha PWNED!

Lefty

Liked Posts:
Good point. They should just get rid of pads and go to the flags.

The integrity of the sport has already been lost...theyre pretty much there already.

lebronpuppetfacepalm.gif

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Watch the E:60 piece on the DIII player that got a concussion, came back too soon, got lit up again and is basically mentally Special person for the rest of his life.

Yeah, concussion prevention is no big deal.....

Status
Not open for further replies.