Does anyone else struggle to like what has become of the NFL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Good point. They should just get rid of pads and go to the flags.

The integrity of the sport has already been lost...theyre pretty much there already.
Swedish or Italian?

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Watch the E:60 piece on the DIII player that got a concussion, came back too soon, got lit up again and is basically mentally Special person for the rest of his life.

Yeah, concussion prevention is no big deal.....
Best part of his little rant is that in the first article I posted, the doctor himself said he wasn't trying to stop them from playing football. He just wanted awareness of the players.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Good point. They should just get rid of pads and go to the flags.

The integrity of the sport has already been lost...theyre pretty much there already.

Did you even bother to read the articles?

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Ironically, no. He is unable as a result of too many concussions. :crying:

outputn.gif

Lefty

Liked Posts:
Research on the subject of long-term consequences from repeated hits to the head for the purposes of full disclosure to the players should be priority #1 for the NFL, and really, that's all I want at this point.

You're not going to eliminate repeated hits to the head from the game of football, it just isn't going to happen. You can probably eliminate the unnecessary hits to the head, and do your best to control the "necessary" ones, but repeated blows to the noggin is just par for the course in the game. Just let the players know what will happen to them during or after their careers, and let them see and understand how severe those things are (though you might need to publish picture books for the Bears' receiving corps), and let them make their own decisions.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Research on the subject of long-term consequences from repeated hits to the head for the purposes of full disclosure to the players should be priority #1 for the NFL, and really, that's all I want at this point.

You're not going to eliminate repeated hits to the head from the game of football, it just isn't going to happen. You can probably eliminate the unnecessary hits to the head, and do your best to control the "necessary" ones, but repeated blows to the noggin is just par for the course in the game. Just let the players know what will happen to them during or after their careers, and let them see and understand how severe those things are (though you might need to publish picture books for the Bears' receiving corps), and let them make their own decisions.
Would also help if the NFL themselves actually realize this and pay full disability.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Would also help if the NFL themselves actually realize this and pay full disability.

Hell, a year ago they were denying the effects.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
A good start would be getting rid of Roger "I'm A Clown" Goodell.

Lefty

Liked Posts:
Have they come around at all?

Apparently the committee that oversees head and neck trauma in the NFL have started to come around, and the NFL has apparently given $1 million to a center that studies the causes and effects of CTE. But from what I can gather, that's as far as the "coming around" on the issue goes. That's really frustrating, because it certainly needs to be at the forefront of NFL issues, maybe even ahead of the CBA.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Apparently the committee that oversees head and neck trauma in the NFL have started to come around, and the NFL has apparently given $1 million to a center that studies the causes and effects of CTE. But from what I can gather, that's as far as the "coming around" on the issue goes. That's really frustrating, because it certainly needs to be at the forefront of NFL issues, maybe even ahead of the CBA.

It's in the NFL best interest to not have it in the CBA so they can keep negotiating with jello brained players.

CONSPIERAZY!@#@

Lex L.

Liked Posts:
"Keep the players safe"...ha! Like I said, since its too dangerous, they should just go to flag football...that way there are no concussions, fewer knee injuries, etc...then everyone will be safe.

I see the gutterpukes here are doing their circle jerk again. I guess some of them did a report on sports injuries in HS. Like it hasnt been known that football is dangerous. Duh! Thats part of it. Its a contact sport.

This is for the stupid: They have to be careful to not lose the integrity of the sport by giving way to too many imbalances. Besides that, the injury argument is a little disengenuous as, in a lot of instances, this really goes back to over protecting the QBs...and the owners want to pay the QBs a lot of money and not lose them because theyre paying them a lot of money. So, theyve turned the sport into flag football because of economic factors more than its that they dont want players to have arthritic knees in 15 years.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
"Keep the players safe"...ha! Like I said, since its too dangerous, they should just go to flag football...that way there are no concussions, fewer knee injuries, etc...then everyone will be safe.

I see the gutterpukes here are doing their circle jerk again. I guess some of them did a report on sports injuries in HS. Like it hasnt been known that football is dangerous. Duh! Thats part of it. Its a contact sport.

1. Football is more than a mere contact sport. It's an impact sport. Large difference.

2. I dare you to go up to NFL players, even a QB and accuse them of playing flag football. Regardless of them overprotecting the QB look at some of the hits guys like Cutler, Favre, etc took last season when there were no flags. I'd love to see you take some of those hits then compare it to flag football.

This is for the stupid: They have to be careful to not lose the integrity of the sport by giving way to too many imbalances.
Oh shut the hell up. If that's the case the game lost "integrity" when they tightened up pass defense rules in 1974 and gave the offense a distinct advantage.

Again, save the meatheaded BS for someone else. You had some of the best offenses in the history of the NFLplaying in the late 90's and early 2000's before this overprotecting the QB stuff really started. Same with the 49ers in the 80's. Hell that Rams offense started its SB runs BECAUSE Trent Green had his knee blown out and Warner could step in. I don't recall Harrison getting a flag on the play?

Please quit talking.

Last edited:

Lefty

Liked Posts:
Like it hasnt been known that football is dangerous. Duh! Thats part of it. Its a contact sport.

I knew some moron would swoop in with some BS like this, and I guess I was fooling myself by not accusing you of doing it before you said a thing.

Look, you moron, this isn't just about protecting the players during the season in order to ensure that they stay on the field more often than not, this is about informing players that they are killing themselves with every hit they take or make, and that they are literally shaving decades off of their lives by playing this sport.

Before all of this, it was more of a joke than anything to say that old football players become forgetful, drooling old men that need help to go to the bathroom, and nobody really thought any more of it. Now, we are staring right in the face of medical and scientific facts that prove that these players are putting themselves on the road to a short and painful life (well, at least more brutish and short than Hobbes believed).

This isn't about making players aware of the fact that the game is dangerous or protecting them from that fact, it is about making them aware that they are killing themselves by playing this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.