Does anyone feel Trubisky was starting to turn it around at the end last year.

RubberBanMan

I’m just a fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Detroit and Dallas games he looked like he was turning a corner, but that Kansas City game was turrribbble

that was actually the first game i’ve turned off in a long time. I just didn't want to see it. And mahomes (we coulda had that guy)

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
When he throws with poor technique, he is typically not very accurate. He does not have the ability to throw from funky angles or poor footwork and still pull it off.

He will only improve if he is able to find a way to throw with proper foot position EVEN when he is getting pressure. Until he can do that he will continue to be below average.

Three years in, it is not looking good, to include the final few games last year. One hope that he has is that he is working with a QB coach that has had some really good success.

Brum Bear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
We switched Daniels and and Whitehair around and our OLine played a lot better after that, which obviously helped our whole Offense.

Trubisky seemed to remember he could run with the ball too. Still couldn't throw downfield though.

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
If there isn’t a noticeable difference between the two in preseason and practice, who will they play? I just don’t know if one will be head and shoulders above the other.

I think it’s best for the bears if trubisky plays well bc of age And athletic upside but I think it’s obvious that he isn’t going to be a pro bowl level qb and then it might be bad if he wins the position and plays average football to get the bears into the playoffs and maybe win one or two playoff games and then sign him long term. Tough situation bc you want to give him the time but at the end of the day with this defense a pro bowl level qb makes the team a superboel contender

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He played better in the 2nd half of the season.

It was just a deep hole.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
He's just not good enough to carry the team. He used his legs more, the oline was a bit better. He ended up looking better. If anything goes wrong, he tends to shit his pants, though. Unless it's the end of the game and he miraculously plays better.

If Trubisky always thought we were down by 6 points with 2 minutes left in the game, he'd be a great QB. Lol.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
I think he had a better second half. Played within the offense a little better in terms of getting the ball out on 3 step drops.

On longer drops he was scanning the field better as well, didn't lock on to a receiver you could actually see progressions.

I watched plenty of film. He missed some easy reads, but for the most part our WRs were not running around wide open all the time. The windows were pretty tight, but more makeable than his performance. I think his #1 issue is not recognizing what NFL open is and anticipating that throw before they break.

Urlacher_24

Liked Posts:
Does anyone feel Trubisky was starting to turn it around at the end last year. It seemed to me that for the last 4 games he started to get it. He was making his reads and plays with his legs. He started leading and took control more. He seemed to have a chip on his shoulder. The O team around him stunk so the numbers were not there.

My question is in the title.

I'll thank you in advance to keep it on topic. We all know each others feelings about Trubisky on the whole. I just wanna know if you seen a difference at QB the last 4 or 5 games of last season.
Yes he was and his stats prove it.

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
He started to turn the corner briefly, then pulled a Lance Briggs by completely missing the corner and crashing like a high speed ball of flames

Bearcub13

Liked Posts:
I'll give you this, if Trubs is better then maybe he can give Foles a run for his money. I like both players as human beings I want them both to do the well.

msadows

Liked Posts:
The Detroit and Dallas games he looked like he was turning a corner, but that Kansas City game was turrribbble

I'll tell you whats wrong with trubisky...

He lacks confidence. You can have all the talent in the world, but when your mind aint right, you ain't right on the field.

That boy got a broked brane.

It's not a shocker that whenever he starts a game out good with a nice drive he usually continues on having a nice game. If he starts a game out poor, the kid usually shits the bed.

I haven't seen too many QB's like that in my lifetime. It's like the kids got the opposite of the cutler gene.

msadows

Liked Posts:
He started to turn the corner briefly, then pulled a Lance Briggs by completely missing the corner and crashing like a high speed ball of flames

I believe that is called the "Cedric Benson".

Too soon?

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Does anyone feel Trubisky was starting to turn it around at the end last year. It seemed to me that for the last 4 games he started to get it. He was making his reads and plays with his legs. He started leading and took control more. He seemed to have a chip on his shoulder. The O team around him stunk so the numbers were not there.

My question is in the title.

I'll thank you in advance to keep it on topic. We all know each others feelings about Trubisky on the whole. I just wanna know if you seen a difference at QB the last 4 or 5 games of last season.
Yeah, he turned it around from Dogshit to incompetence !

KennyH

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Foles removes the expectation and media pressure from Trubisky, in fact it might even make him the plucky underdog. Could do wonders for his confidence.

I fully expect him to be the starting QB by mid season (assuming the season ever starts!!).

msadows

Liked Posts:
Foles removes the expectation and media pressure from Trubisky, in fact it might even make him the plucky underdog. Could do wonders for his confidence.

I fully expect him to be the starting QB by mid season (assuming the season ever starts!!).

Can't wait till chicago turns on foles too.

It's bound to happen, since he's not very good.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
We switched Daniels and and Whitehair around and our OLine played a lot better after that, which obviously helped our whole Offense.

Trubisky seemed to remember he could run with the ball too. Still couldn't throw downfield though.

No they didn't. Watch the second Packers game again. They played as bad in that game as they had all year.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
He played better, but that's not really saying much considering what he improved from.

Still inconsistent as fuck. You never know what you're gonna get with him.