Does anyone feel Trubisky was starting to turn it around at the end last year.

Tee

Beast Mode
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Houston Cougars
Trubs is picked by the Mckaskies... They wanted him... Organization won't let him fail. Pace identified the weaknesses of our offense as a whole. Especially TE.

Pace is building a culture in D.... Chicago brand of football. That's what's bring in the fans

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Thanks for all the reasonable responses. I have not gave up on Trubisky yet but even I his biggest fan needs to see him earn his job and then come of age this season. He has the tools and is a good kid. He has to step up or go. I'm a Bear fan more then any player fan. Foles is not the answer IMO but pushing Trubisky is good for all of us.

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I thought that in the 2nd half of the season, Nagy got so much heat for his play calling that he started to allow Trubisky to run more..That loosened things up for the offense as a whole..Trubisky will never be the 2nd coming, but Nagy hobbles him with his awful play calling

1000ftditka!

Throbbing
Liked Posts:
Civilization, also known as Massachusetts
Whatever it was last year....it didn't work. Pace/Nagy are running out of road.......

twetz

Liked Posts:
I'll tell you whats wrong with trubisky...

He lacks confidence. You can have all the talent in the world, but when your mind aint right, you ain't right on the field.

That boy got a broked brane.

It's not a shocker that whenever he starts a game out good with a nice drive he usually continues on having a nice game. If he starts a game out poor, the kid usually shits the bed.

I haven't seen too many QB's like that in my lifetime. It's like the kids got the opposite of the cutler gene.

This is why I brought up the Dallas Thursday night game. I think both teams were 6-6. The Cowboys took the opening kickoff and drove down for a quick 7 point lead. Trubisky came back and drove the Bears down and threw a pass that was ruled incomplete. The Cowboys challenged and it was overturned for an interception. Normally, that would signal the beginning of Mitch goes into the tank pattern.

This game the Bears used their tight ends, who both, Horsted and Holtz, had good games and Montgomery was close to a hundred yards. Trubisky had to be over 50 yards with a beautiful 20+ TD run. I think Holtz was their leading receiver for the game. 24-7 at the end of three quarters.

If this was the only game you watched all season, no one would be taking Dak Prescott over Trubisky. The problem is a season lasts 16 games. 10 days later in Green Bay the offense sucked. Who was at blame for that game? Helfrich and Hiestand?

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
I certainly hope he improves, however, we are talking about a one read QB that is not only inaccurate but also literally doesn't see open WRs way too often. So if I'm betting, I'm going with a no to the OP's question...

Alpha

CBMB Legend
Donator
Liked Posts:
Does anyone feel Trubisky was starting to turn it around at the end last year. It seemed to me that for the last 4 games he started to get it. He was making his reads and plays with his legs. He started leading and took control more. He seemed to have a chip on his shoulder. The O team around him stunk so the numbers were not there.

My question is in the title.

I'll thank you in advance to keep it on topic. We all know each others feelings about Trubisky on the whole. I just wanna know if you seen a difference at QB the last 4 or 5 games of last season.
[/QUOTE
Does anyone feel Trubisky was starting to turn it around at the end last year. It seemed to me that for the last 4 games he started to get it. He was making his reads and plays with his legs. He started leading and took control more. He seemed to have a chip on his shoulder. The O team around him stunk so the numbers were not there.

I'll thank you in advance to keep it on topic. We all know each others feelings about Trubisky on the whole. I just wanna know if you seen a difference at QB the last 4 or 5 games of last season.
I feel like he was just turning it over not turning anything around, He should had turned his ass around towards the bench and sat his ass down!

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
I'll tell you whats wrong with trubisky...

He lacks confidence. You can have all the talent in the world, but when your mind aint right, you ain't right on the field.

That boy got a broked brane.

It's not a shocker that whenever he starts a game out good with a nice drive he usually continues on having a nice game. If he starts a game out poor, the kid usually shits the bed.

I haven't seen too many QB's like that in my lifetime. It's like the kids got the opposite of the cutler gene.

tru dat. And there is the pressure of #2 overall, social media and sports networks reminding him of that alongside the fact Watson and Mahomes came from the same draft class.

Mitch isn't used to expectations praised upon him due to draft status coming from UNC where the football program takes a backseat to basketball 24/7

Last edited:

msadows

Liked Posts:
tru dat. And there is the pressure of #2 overall, social media and sports networks reminding him of that alongside the fact Watson and Mahomes came from the same draft class.

Mitch isn't used to expectations praised upon him due to draft status coming from UNC where the football program takes a backseat to basketball 24/7

I think he has talent. I just don't think we will ever see it consistently here in chicago.

I'm almost 100% certain its all mental. If he didn't have "it"/talent he wouldn't have the good games he does every so often.
One thing he does very well, however, is protecting the football. He doesn't take risks, which is why I think he'll get a long NFL career, even if its as a backup.

KoreanBear

Liked Posts:
Trubs is picked by the Mckaskies... They wanted him... Organization won't let him fail. Pace identified the weaknesses of our offense as a whole. Especially TE.

Pace is building a culture in D.... Chicago brand of football. That's what's bring in the fans
How do u know this?

msadows

Liked Posts:
I was at the KC game. No.

I was there as well.

That's a bad game to judge him by. Yea he missed throws, but his WR's weren't getting open at all(KC actually has a decent pass D) and when they did his OL would give up pressure instantly.

Legit, if you rewatch the game on gamepass its very clear no QB(well outside the elites) would have succeeded in this offense against a good defense. Any playoff team/coach would have sent pressure from the right side(It's what reid did) and destroy us.

Mitch got RAPED in that game. It felt like every dropback he was hit, and the pressure was nearly always from the right side.

Honestly, if anyone has gamepass, I suggest you watch that game. It will show you exactly how putrid Nagy and OL is.

Last edited:
Liked Posts:

Depends. When the Bears were on the ropes to make a postseason run, Nagy finally cut Mitch loose for a 3 game stretch, & let him scramble.

For those 3 games Mitch played well. Unfortunately for heading into the most important game of the season at Lambeau, Nagy decided he would chain Mitch back to the pocket with a gameplan that stunk most of the season.

We saw how that went.

With Mitch's 3 game stretch, do I believe he improved upon his overall play as a whole? No, I dont. But at the same time over that 3 game stretch I do believe Mitch played like he did in 2018 which was good enough to win with. Along with a stout defense, a get me over change up running game, & a kicker that isnt fktarded.

All things said I think Foles will win the Job sooner or later. When Foles does play well its when hes playing in this system.

DrGonzo

Dump VJJ
Donator
Liked Posts:
I just can't shake the image of Trubisky checking down while Burton is wide open in the end zone. You can dissect that play till the cows come home but franchise players just don't ever look that lost.

I really do think his ceiling is competent backup. He is more than welcome to prove me wrong.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Can't wait till chicago turns on foles too.

It's bound to happen, since he's not very good.
all it's takes.. is one bad game.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I just can't shake the image of Trubisky checking down while Burton is wide open in the end zone. You can dissect that play till the cows come home but franchise players just don't ever look that lost.

I really do think his ceiling is competent backup. He is more than welcome to prove me wrong.

This image has had probably 20-30 pages of debate.

Lets not talk about it, either way, it wasn't a sure fire TD throw.

Trubisky didn't look lost, he decided not to throw it. There is a difference.

The one thing dear sweet mitch has shown in his 3 years is he does not take risks.

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don’t know what to make of 2019 and frankly don’t have the emotional energy at this point to revisit even late season progress.

Between the high expectations, how tight Mitch wound himself up from game 1, to how the entire offense—including Nagy as play caller —shit the bed, I don’t think the question of “whether Mitch improved” has a useful answer at this point.

I think we’ll know pretty quickly when he’s on the field again. If the light hasn’t turned on, the leash will be short so the improvement will have to be plain as day.

I honestly hope it comes together for him but I’m sure as hell not investing much hope that it will. Been there too many times with Bears QBs.