Does anyone feel Trubisky was starting to turn it around at the end last year.

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's hard to say what is good and what is bad about him as a whole... I don't care what anyone says about him after two full seasons, but I remember a QB that struggled early on and it took him his 4th season to really get it turned around....

His name is Drew Brees

Not saying Mitch will be Drew Brees But, it will be his 4th NFL season. Brees also had one of the best Running games in the league. David Boston, also not a bad WR if I remember right. Still had a season with more picks than TD's woth him in his 2nd full season.

Somedays, I think I want to give up on the guy, being a Bears fan and he's on the team, I kind of also want him to win an MVP just to silence the haters...

The hell, that will never stop them

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Does anyone feel Trubisky was starting to turn it around at the end last year. It seemed to me that for the last 4 games he started to get it. He was making his reads and plays with his legs. He started leading and took control more. He seemed to have a chip on his shoulder. The O team around him stunk so the numbers were not there.

My question is in the title.

I'll thank you in advance to keep it on topic. We all know each others feelings about Trubisky on the whole. I just wanna know if you seen a difference at QB the last 4 or 5 games of last season.

Trubisky is getting tossed out because nagy wants his own guy. Its that simple.

bareness

Liked Posts:
I personally believe that going into 2019 the coaching staff wanted Mitch to become a pocket quarterback rather than risking injury for running. If anyone notices he has gotten hurt twice by the Vikings which is why I think they did not want him to run and I believe it takes away from his overall game. Mitch has nothing to lose because whether he plays bad or good, I think this is his last year in a Bears uniform.

He needs fresh scenery and a different offensive philosophy. This offense does not suit him. I really believe he will become the next Alex Smith. I could be wrong but from jump he has had justify why he was taken #2 overall over Watson & Mahomes.

Then as new draft pick to take in a Bulls home game the entire fan base booed him on the jumbotron. His career here is over as it has never gotten off to a good start. Fox didn't want him and it showed when in his first year they were content in not allowing him to throw the ball. Reads of defense that could have been done in his first year were held off until Matt Nagy took over in 2018. In 2019, defenses had prepared for Nagy and Mitch's tendencies. The staff just never adjusted and when tried nothing worked including the too cute plays.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes, he did begin to actually run it a bit toward the end there. Dude played with a sling on for most of the season and shitty shitty blocking (2.37 seconds to pressure). Definitely didn't run much after coming back from the L shoulder injury. He looked better in the pocket and scrambling on the eye test at least. Less quick feet & panic early throwaways or checkdowns. None of this matters if he can't make some magic happen this season though.

Saw mention of Drew Brees. Ever hear about this crazy HOF goofball named Terry Bradshaw!!? Had 5 seasons of shitty play & losing before steamrolling teams later in his career. NFL = "Not For Long" now.
Terry Bradshaw Explains Poor Start To Career, Immaculate Reception
2020-05-01_02h38_23.png
2020-05-01_02h34_56.png

Mitch is only 3 years in, 2 if you scratch that garbage pile of a rookie playpen with Fox. Similarly with Bradshaw, Steelers had a great defense and he had competition to beat to be lead QB. Mitch gonna have to earn it but has never approached Terry Bradshaw bad. Just interesting is all.

Last edited:

bareness

Liked Posts:
Yes, he did begin to actually run it a bit toward the end there. Dude played with a sling on for most of the season and shitty shitty blocking (2.37 seconds to pressure). Definitely didn't run much after coming back from the L shoulder injury. He looked better in the pocket and scrambling on the eye test at least. Less quick feet & panic early throwaways or checkdowns. None of this matters if he can't make some magic happen this season though.

Saw mention of Drew Brees. Ever hear about this crazy HOF goofball named Terry Bradshaw!!? Had 5 seasons of shitty play & losing before steamrolling teams later in his career. NFL = "Not For Long" now.
View attachment 5413
View attachment 5414

Mitch is only 3 years in, 2 if you scratch that garbage pile of a rookie playpen with Fox. Similarly with Bradshaw, Steelers had a great defense and he had competition to beat to be lead QB. Mitch gonna have to earn it but has never approached Terry Bradshaw bad. Just interesting is all.
Great comparison!

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
I was there as well.

That's a bad game to judge him by. Yea he missed throws, but his WR's weren't getting open at all(KC actually has a decent pass D) and when they did his OL would give up pressure instantly.

Legit, if you rewatch the game on gamepass its very clear no QB(well outside the elites) would have succeeded in this offense against a good defense. Any playoff team/coach would have sent pressure from the right side(It's what reid did) and destroy us.

Mitch got RAPED in that game. It felt like every dropback he was hit, and the pressure was nearly always from the right side.

Honestly, if anyone has gamepass, I suggest you watch that game. It will show you exactly how putrid Nagy and OL is.

KC built a pass D so teams would try running back into games. Double edged sword.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
He started playing with a little more enthusiasm. He started running more.

He started to run more because Whitehair was at center and there were more bad snaps. Everything was repetitive with Daniels, ball in the same place every time, bad shoulder, was told to stay in the pocket. As soon as White hair started to center again, there were more crazy snaps and Trubisky started to run. That was the difference I saw. I cant credit Whitehair for bad snaps, but with no other option than Daniels, Mitch was clearly told to not take chances thru the middle of the season.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
In the NFL it's all about consistency. Even Rex Grossman had great games with the Bears during their 2006 superbowl run but he would follow that up with "Bad Rex" games.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:

View attachment 5413
View attachment 5414

So you had to go back 40 years to make your case, that's saying something, no? I mean the 1 or 2 examples of late bloomers like Brees and Bradshaw that finally figured it out, there are hundreds more on the other side of the fence that never got it.

Is Mitch part of the 1 percent? lol

Last edited:

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
The guy was pinpoint accurate in college and had a ton of confidence his rookie year.
Nagys psycho draft room says it all, he absolutely detailed Trubisky to death and Mitch just couldn’t keep his head up. Mahomes and Hill said the same on the sidelines about Bienemy being an upgrade as far as letting them play their game and not overthinking too much. The game will never slow down for Trubisky with Nagy on his bullshit.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Does anyone feel Trubisky was starting to turn it around at the end last year. It seemed to me that for the last 4 games he started to get it. He was making his reads and plays with his legs. He started leading and took control more. He seemed to have a chip on his shoulder. The O team around him stunk so the numbers were not there.

My question is in the title.

I'll thank you in advance to keep it on topic. We all know each others feelings about Trubisky on the whole. I just wanna know if you seen a difference at QB the last 4 or 5 games of last season.

aha! We reached the point in the offseason where it has been long enough that people are starting to forget last year!

ps Trubs improved minutely the last few games to end up about where he was in maybe the 2nd game of 2018. So yeah, he recovered a little, but still a net regression. He was bad, mein.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
The guy was pinpoint accurate in college and had a ton of confidence his rookie year.
Nagys psycho draft room says it all, he absolutely detailed Trubisky to death and Mitch just couldn’t keep his head up. Mahomes and Hill said the same on the sidelines about Bienemy being an upgrade as far as letting them play their game and not overthinking too much. The game will never slow down for Trubisky with Nagy on his bullshit.

The 2018 Mitch was gifted awesome sauce short field position courtesy of a record setting defense creating turnovers like a mofo. Hard to duplicate as it requires ball bounces and health going your way. Also the D returned 6+ TD's for scores which in the stat line counts as Offensive points scored.

You know the opponents scouts figured something out during the offseason when the Packer DB is dissing Mitch after just week 1, lol.

Last edited:

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
The 2018 Mitch was gifted awesome sauce short field position courtesy of a record setting defense creating turnovers like a mofo. Hard to duplicate as it requires ball bounces and health going your way. Also the D returned 6+ TD's for scores which in the stat line counts as Offensive points scored.

You know the opponents figured something out during the offseason when the Packer DB is dissing Mitch after just week 1, lol.

I didn’t mention 18 offense. Mitch looked more confident his rookie season throwing the ball. Nagy has been trying to make Mitch a detailed QB since day 1 he was hired, which he obviously is not. Nagy doesn’t call plays to players strengths, he’s too hyper focused on mismatches and presnap movement trickery bullshit.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
As everyone knows, I'm not a Trubisky supporter, and I think he looked good the last four games. I've been saying that all along. In my mind, he seemed to stop giving a fuck the last few games and just played.

Sometimes I think he knew the team was not going to make the playoffs, and he knew he might not be able to cut it as an NFL starter...and it was like a weight was lifted. He didn't seem to have his standard horrible overthrows in the last games.

But even if he comes in this year and plays like he did that last four, he's simply going from league worst to average. Like being a shit sandwich and improving to a spam sandwich.

Sometimes people overlook how much of the game is mental especially for QB's. Once you start hearing all the talk and you start believing it it's gonna be hard to comeback from that. I know the joke is about when he said he had all the tv's turned off but no way in hell he didn't still hear it and there was so much of it and still is. I think there's so much truth to what you said where there's a huge weight listed off his or any players in his situations shoulders when you're already out of the playoff race and all the other stuff that gets in their brains and they just stop thinking so much and start having fun and playing the game you've played your whole life.

RubberBanMan

I’m just a fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mitch is going to be the next nick foles. Foles will get hurt like always and then mitch will come in and lead us on a historic playoff run. ...until he gets hurt also and then Tarik Cohen becomes the first ever player with a perfect passer rating (i think still right?) to start a superbowl and we lose 3-0

Black Rainbow

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think there's so much truth to what you said where there's a huge weight listed off his or any players in his situations shoulders when you're already out of the playoff race and all the other stuff that gets in their brains and they just stop thinking so much and start having fun and playing the game you've played your whole life.

I cannot remember which game it was, but in the pregame Trubisky was standing next to Nagy who was mic'd up, and Nagy said, "Just go out there and have fun."

I noticed Mitch looked a lot more comfortable out there. That's why I think the 'weight was lifted.' He wasn't worried about making the playoffs or rescuing his career - he just went out and played the game he's played his whole life.

Black Rainbow

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I'm pretty sure Gruden said he wouldn't draft Trubisky because of deep ball accuracy issues he saw in college. He said this before the draft.

In '17, under Fox, I distinctly remember a few wtf overthrows, but fans didn't give it much attention because he was a rookie, those are expected, and there wasn't many of them because we ran the ball more than anything. Trubisky was babied under Fox, remember? He didn't let him throw much. We all hated Fox's game planing back then, but he probably did that for good reason. It masked a lot of Trubisky's deficiencies.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I didn’t mention 18 offense. Mitch looked more confident his rookie season throwing the ball. Nagy has been trying to make Mitch a detailed QB since day 1 he was hired, which he obviously is not. Nagy doesn’t call plays to players strengths, he’s too hyper focused on mismatches and presnap movement trickery bullshit.

What you call "movement trickery bullshit" is Nagy trying to help Mitch read the D. Its pretty standard. The whole point is to get the D to show man or zone and tip any blitzes. Not complicated. Nagy doesn't ask Mitch to do anything but read his keys.

You are arguing that Nagy is a bad coach because he is asking Trubs to play at an NFL level.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Its bound to happen. I've officially rewatched every game on gamepass from All-22. The oline is god awful. Lets hope it's all scheme issues, but I doubt it.

Foles will die behind this line. Mitch is one of the most mobile QB's in the NFL and nearly did two years in a row.
i when to two separate pre season games last season..and let me say that again..PRE SEASON games! and damn near half the crowd was booing TRU during players introductions (after the fact we made the playoffs and Mitch showed HUGE poise on that last drive vs Eagles) and one other player got boo'ed but i forget who they bummed off, which did surprised me.. but for shaheen and burton not as loud, all Training Camp long Shaheen was trashy and Burton was in his feelings missing practice after practice. again, all it takes... is one game.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
In the NFL it's all about consistency. Even Rex Grossman had great games with the Bears during their 2006 superbowl run but he would follow that up with "Bad Rex" games.
remember the first snap of the season when rex returned? the very first snap our own LT let Shawn Merriman run by untouched only to deliver a bone jarring hit to REX's jaw/helmet for a sack and did his crackhead juice up dance, no flag. rex was seeing stars no doubt and was slow to get up..that shit sticks with you especially after a knee surgery.
Mitch protection isnt even close to the protection/GUYS Rex had.