Duncan Keith Receives 5-Game Suspension

Chaps

Liked Posts:
I actually seen you at the canucks game RK.. my wife and I chuckled at you lipping off Luongo with your mini Stanley Cup.

Anyways.. the Keith hit was one of the worst hits I've seen in awhile.... it was absolutely busch league garbage.... It was damn near flying elbow the whole way. Got a pretty good view of it from where we were sitting. How in the world it only got a 2 minute penalty is bizzare. Sedin's hit should have been called too... and probably should have gotten 1 game suspension or a fine.

I like the message the hit sent...and it could make for an interesting series if the 2 teams cross paths... but what Keith did does not belong in the game.

howcho

Liked Posts:
So then RK with all those questions you ask, you must have something in mind....

Tell us, what is it you believe happened through the process.

jakobeast

Liked Posts:
I would like to know if a GM can call Shanahan or the discipline office and whine and bitch to whomever picks up the phone.

R K

So then RK with all those questions you ask, you must have something in mind....

Tell us, what is it you believe happened through the process.

It's all speculation but I think 5minutesforfighting said it pretty well I suppose. Something clearly happened between the phone calls from the Department of Player Safety to Keith.

With no appeals process it's all pretty fucked up no matter what the hits are. You know the NHLPA will not stand for that type of shenanigans and I suspect Fuhr will now use this in negotiations as well. The two telling points for me are the time gap issue of changing the "minds" and the explination of Sedins hit on Keith. It's CLEARLY not shoulder to Shoulder unless Keiths Shoulder sits on his chin.

But if they admitted that hit, then they'd also be admitting their OFFICIALS missed the call, which then led to Keiths retaliation.

Keith NO DOUBT deserved a suspension. I most certainly don't believe it's whining, because there are so many other aspects to the craziness. Questioning clear questionable facts and or issues in the process is not whining. Especially when 99% of us have no real problem with Keith being suspended.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
As for my take on the suspension:

I don't believe Sedin should have been suspended--IMHO his hit at the most was 2 minutes for boarding. Suspend the ref for failing to make the call and thus escalating things, but that hit in a vacuum would have been 2 for boarding, at the most, which IMHO was not suspendable.

Keith's based on past precedent is about 2 games too long, but IMHO still within the bounds of fairness. We'll see, though, if there's consitancy with this call moving forward as other "star" players without records take liberties on other stars.

I'm still patiently waiting for someone to ragdoll Burrows. I'm hoping next match sees Bollig take him down a few notches.

As for Sedin, no love loss there. He's not a clean player and is not known for taking it as well as dishing it out. He just happened to run someone who wouldn't take it. Neither he nor the refs policed his actions, so Keith turned vigilante.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:

I don't believe Sedin should have been suspended--IMHO his hit at the most was 2 minutes for boarding. Suspend the ref for failing to make the call and thus escalating things, but that hit in a vacuum would have been 2 for boarding, at the most, which IMHO was not suspendable.

Keith's based on past precedent is about 2 games too long, but IMHO still within the bounds of fairness. We'll see, though, if there's consitancy with this call moving forward as other "star" players without records take liberties on other stars.

I'm still patiently waiting for someone to ragdoll Burrows. I'm hoping next match sees Bollig take him down a few notches.

As for Sedin, no love loss there. He's not a clean player and is not known for taking it as well as dishing it out. He just happened to run someone who wouldn't take it. Neither he nor the refs policed his actions, so Keith turned vigilante.

We just need Scott back to choke slam Burrows again!

IceHogsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So the Canucks feel that they still did not get justice since Daniel is out and the Hawks fans I have talked to, including myself, feel that the Canucks got off without their share of blame.

Does anyone else feel that the NHL just made the next meeting of these two teams more tragic? I foresee a trainwreck coming.

BigPete

Liked Posts:
I actually seen you at the canucks game RK.. my wife and I chuckled at you lipping off Luongo with your mini Stanley Cup.

Anyways.. the Keith hit was one of the worst hits I've seen in awhile.... it was absolutely busch league garbage.... It was damn near flying elbow the whole way. Got a pretty good view of it from where we were sitting. How in the world it only got a 2 minute penalty is bizzare. Sedin's hit should have been called too... and probably should have gotten 1 game suspension or a fine.

I like the message the hit sent...and it could make for an interesting series if the 2 teams cross paths... but what Keith did does not belong in the game.

I agree completely with your post. But I wish the league would have kept this in mind: Keith would have never done the flying elbow IF the officials had punished Danielle for his obvious hit to the head earlier in the period. They need to take some medicine too, dumping it all down Keith's throat is fucking bullshit.

BigPete

Liked Posts:

He hit Keith from the blindside and targeted his head with his shoulder which is every bit as hard as an elbow pad. That is exactly what the league professed to high heaven that they were going to eliminate from the game. They failed to do so on the ice and they failed to do so after the fact. Nice job inconsistent NHL. You lose ALL credibility every time you try to even things out. Just let the players settle things like they used to.

I don't need fighting in pro hockey but I would love to have some Broad Street Bullies on our team right about now.

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would like to know if a GM can call Shanahan or the discipline office and whine and bitch to whomever picks up the phone.

It should be a fine, just like a coach walking into the official's room.

BigPete

Liked Posts:

Anyone of the Board of Governors should have every right to call Gary, Bill, or in this case Shanny and bitch when they feel they are being treated unfairly. If you meant that a coach and GM specifically do not fit that criteria then I agree with you. But the team owner or president of the operation should be able to call and scream about their bottom line being affected by league decisions.

R K

Mike Gillis WAS fined last year when just before game 7 between the Hawks and Canucks he held a PUBLIC PRESSER condemning the unfair officiating 'in his eyes' during the series.

There is NO DOUBT he was rattling the phone off the hook to Shanahan that "his player" was the complete victim. Just as their "organization" always is.

Mike Gills is a Piece of fucking shit. Fact!

R K

Anyone of the Board of Governors should have every right to call Gary, Bill, or in this case Shanny and bitch when they feel they are being treated unfairly. If you meant that a coach and GM specifically do not fit that criteria then I agree with you. But the team owner or president of the operation should be able to call and scream about their bottom line being affected by league decisions.

I do not believe it was to Shanahan. IMO Shanahan had made his decision when the call went to Keith it would be a phone call hearing. Then, that changed. I'm going on a limb and ASSuming it came from ABOVE Shanahan.

BigPete

Liked Posts:
I do not believe it was to Shanahan. IMO Shanahan had made his decision when the call went to Keith it would be a phone call hearing. Then, that changed. I'm going on a limb and ASSuming it came from ABOVE Shanahan.

Very possible. He doesn't work in a vacuum after all. Not in this league. I didn't realize that VAN was so powerful though. Are they that big of a revenue source?

R K

More like that much of a bitch cunt.

This is the same owner that after losing game 7 to the Stanley Cup Champion Bruins, walked past the media room and told the entire media to "Go fuck Yourselves".

Does anyone put anything past that organization at ANY level?

It ended with Vancouver owner Francesco Aquilini telling multiple members of the media in the Canucks dressing room to go fornicate elsewhere.

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2011/06/16/canucks-owner-vented-frustration-at-losing-stanley-cup-to-reporters-following-game-7/

R K

You should have come said hello. There were a bunch of us down there.

jakobeast

Liked Posts:
You should have come said hello. There were a bunch of us down there.

Yeah. Like me. I was down there. And every one knows I am the biggest draw when I grace the UC with my prescence.

R K

Yeah. Like me. I was down there. And every one knows I am the biggest draw when I grace the UC with my prescence.

so much I didn't even notice you. LOL! I did how ever notice your wife and gave her a hug.

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
so much I didn't even notice you. LOL! I did how ever notice your wife and gave her a hug.

how does anybody not notice him?