Duncan Keith Receives 5-Game Suspension

Ton

Liked Posts:
AV confirmed D. Sedin has a concussion and they are following protocol. We'll see how quick his "recovery" is. I would not doubt that he does, but it just seems suspicious. If this lasts into the playoffs you know it's real.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah. Like me. I was down there. And every one knows I am the biggest draw when I grace the UC with my prescence.

Then where were you last night when we brought our nephew up to the 300's just to see you?

How can you sleep at night after crushing a kids dreams?

<

IceHogsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Then where were you last night when we brought our nephew up to the 300's just to see you?

<

That is some funny poop!

BigPete

Liked Posts:
AV confirmed D. Sedin has a concussion and they are following protocol. We'll see how quick his "recovery" is. I would not doubt that he does, but it just seems suspicious. If this lasts into the playoffs you know it's real.
I don't care if it's real or not. Keith could have just as easily been concussed on the hit from Danielle. Then what?

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
I don't care if it's real or not. Keith could have just as easily been concussed on the hit from Danielle. Then what?

then they tell us to keep our head up, like when Aarom Rome hit Nathan Horton, or when Kessel klipped the Wild player last week.

R K

then they tell us to keep our head up, like when Aarom Rome hit Nathan Horton, or when Kessel klipped the Wild player last week.

no, accoding to the NHL it was shoulder to shoulder. They even twisted that.

BigPete

Liked Posts:
no, accoding to the NHL it was shoulder to shoulder. They even twisted that.

I thought in the statement they agreed he hit the head but that it wasn't elligible for a penalty or supplemental but never explained why. It was like, "nothing to see here folks, move along." or "these are not the droids you are looking for."

R K

I thought in the statement they agreed he hit the head but that it wasn't elligible for a penalty or supplemental but never explained why. It was like, "nothing to see here folks, move along." or "these are not the droids you are looking for."

RDS explained it as the explination the NHL gave was it was shoulder to shoulder. That's all I read.

jakobeast

Liked Posts:

<

I sleep well on my huge pillow.

Me not being there just adds to th mystique that is Jako.

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
I got flammed for saying one simple fact to a bunch of filthy Canuck fans today

The only thing Duncan was guilty of that Sedin wasn't is Duncan actually got the job done.

They didn't like that. I don't blame them. Truths sometimes hurt.

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
I got flammed for saying one simple fact to a bunch of filthy Canuck fans today

The only thing Duncan was guilty of that Sedin wasn't is Duncan actually got the job done.

They didn't like that. I don't blame them. Truths sometimes hurt.

I usually hate Don Cherry, but watched this weekend to see what he was going to say about it. He said the suspension was deserved but if Daniel wanted to go around looking for trouble, sooner or later it would come his way. I lol'd

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
I usually hate Don Cherry, but watched this weekend to see what he was going to say about it. He said the suspension was deserved but if Daniel wanted to go around looking for trouble, sooner or later it would come his way. I lol'd

I saw that coaches corner also. I typially don't agree with Don either but this time I sort of had too. I would have agreed if he had said the same thing about the Daniel if he had retaliated to something Keith did.To be honest Don was right 2 times in that coaches corner. he blabbled something about the Leafs that I also agreed with..I can't remember what it was now. Too used to Dons words coming in one ear and out the other.

Those same twat Canuck fans I talked to today also didn't like when I said that when your team decides to play a chippy and cheap game like the Canucks do then you have to be prepared for any backlash that may come to one of your player on the ice. I believe that is part of the package and it always has been.

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
I saw that coaches corner also. I typially don't agree with Don either but this time I sort of had too. I would have agreed if he had said the same thing about the Daniel if he had retaliated to something Keith did.To be honest Don was right 2 times in that coaches corner. he blabbled something about the Leafs that I also agreed with..I can't remember what it was now. Too used to Dons words coming in one ear and out the other.

Those same twat Canuck fans I talked to today also didn't like when I said that when your team decides to play a chippy and cheap game like the Canucks do then you have to be prepared for any backlash that may come to one of your player on the ice. I believe that is part of the package and it always has been.

I'm just shocked that they are the only team in the NHL to not have a suspension this season.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Henrik Sedin says the league should change its rules to allow for the assessment of tougher in-game punishment against an offender's team.

"On the ice, the referees should have an easier time giving out a few more minutes for the dangerous hits, I think—elbows, boarding, charging and that kind of stuff," said Henrik Sedin. "They're going to injure players. Players are going to respect that more, maybe, than a one or two-game suspension, because if you hurt your team in a game and you lose because of a stupid play, that's going to hurt more in front of your teammates than, maybe, a one or two-game suspension."

Keith's lack of previous suspensions influenced the length of the suspension handed down by league chief disciplinarian Brendan Shanahan. Henrik Sedin said the length of the suspension does not matter.

"It's about respecting other players, and I hope (Keith) learns something from it—and it doesn't happen again," said Henrik Sedin.

The struggling Canucks have shown more spark since Daniel was hurt. But Vigneault said the injury has not served as more inspiration for his players.

"That was a very unfortunate incident, a real cheap shot in the game, and losing our top player is not something that we need to come together as a group," said Vigneault. "But it did happen, we have to deal with it, and that's what we're trying to do."

Keith elbowed Daniel Sedin after he had shouldered his head into the boards earlier in the game. If a referee felt Daniel had done something wrong, then he should be punished, said his brother.

However, Vigneault dismissed the severity of Daniel Sedin's hit on Keith.

"The only surprise there was that Danny hit someone," said Vigneault with a slight chuckle. "I'm not sure exactly what happened on that, because Danny and Hank aren't the guys that are the most physical across the league. They'll throw the odd hit in there, but usually it's not a bone-crushing hit."

http://www.thehockeynews.com/articl...ult-confirms-Daniel-Sedin-has-concussion.html