Duncan Keith Receives 5-Game Suspension

Maiden

Liked Posts:
Doan dangerously extended his elbow and hit the guy in the face. Just as bad as Duncans IMO.

As Ron MacLean said on HNIC the Saturday after it happened I don't think they consider this to be Keith's "first" offense.

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
As Ron MacLean said on HNIC the Saturday after it happened I don't think they consider this to be Keith's "first" offense.

why not, it's his first suspension.

roshinaya

fnord
Donator
Liked Posts:
why not, it's his first suspension.

There are clear guidelines on what is a "first offense" and so on in the CBA, so if the NHLPA suspected some shenanigans they would surely started some shit about it. It was such a stiff penalty simply because it was so blatant and there's nothing more to it.

R K

Yes. No reason to skate Toews against a team that clearly has nothing to gain but taking cheap ass shots.

Ashor-redtribe

Liked Posts:
Yes. No reason to skate Toews against a team that clearly has nothing to gain but taking cheap ass shots.

Agreed, I think vs the Wings is a better fit, just to get that one game under his belt before getting into the playoffs.

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
Agreed, I think vs the Wings is a better fit, just to get that one game under his belt before getting into the playoffs.

as long as he's not on the ice when Kronwall is.

supraman

Liked Posts:
I'd rather give JT two games to get ready for the playoffs but oh well. One game to knock the rust off and the 2nd game to get firing on all cyclinders. I just hope Kaner stays on his tear and JT gets going fast. Put them back together and wow it'll be a show. Shaw, Toews, Kane...hehehe pwnage. I think shaw is up with Kaner ain't he?

Maiden

Liked Posts:
Do not separate 88 and 81 ever. Those two feed off each other better than any pair; even 88 and 19.

Let Toews come back slowly with 10 and 25. 25 looks better each game (cant believe I typed that, lets see when pressure is on)

No reason to separate 65 36 29. Some nights they have been the best line. Checking line that can score.

Reminds me of Havlat Ladd Bolland in 2009 playoffs.

Play Hayes with 88 and 81.

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
Do not separate 88 and 81 ever. Those two feed off each other better than any pair; even 88 and 19.

Let Toews come back slowly with 10 and 25. 25 looks better each game (cant believe I typed that, lets see when pressure is on)

No reason to separate 65 36 29. Some nights they have been the best line. Checking line that can score.

Reminds me of Havlat Ladd Bolland in 2009 playoffs.

Play Hayes with 88 and 81.

I don't see why you can't have 81-19-88

Ton

Liked Posts:
How can you compare Doan's elbow to Keith's? You can't; it's irrelevant.

Keith's elbow was with a purpose, he specifically targeted Sedin. While I don't blame him, they are two completely different situations. Keith received the extra two games over Doan because there was purpose behind it, the problem is with the NHL covering up Sedin's hit by claiming that it was shoulder to shoulder.

The only question that comes into play is that Doan has a history while Keith does not, but regardless the two hits are not comparable. Although, with the fact that Doan does have a history of suspensions, that is just further proof that the NHL doesn't really have a bar set on what qualifies a short suspension versus a longer one and that prior suspensions don't really have any benchmark for future suspensions.

R K

I don't see why you can't have 81-19-88

Because 81 will not play on the left side. That's why.

And Toews will play in Detroit. And rightfully so. He needs a game before the playoffs start. At least.

R K

How can you compare Doan's elbow to Keith's? You can't; it's irrelevant.

Keith's elbow was with a purpose, he specifically targeted Sedin. While I don't blame him, they are two completely different situations. Keith received the extra two games over Doan because there was purpose behind it, the problem is with the NHL covering up Sedin's hit by claiming that it was shoulder to shoulder.

The only question that comes into play is that Doan has a history while Keith does not, but regardless the two hits are not comparable. Although, with the fact that Doan does have a history of suspensions, that is just further proof that the NHL doesn't really have a bar set on what qualifies a short suspension versus a longer one and that prior suspensions don't really have any benchmark for future suspensions.

Doans elbow was clearly on purpose too. If you can watch that and say he doesn't throw the elbow on purpose, with a straight face, I can't help you.

Todays ruling was even more laughable. Quincy left his feet, and had no intention of playing the puck, he's given one game. After nearly decapitating Kopecky.

There is a double standard in the Department of Player Safety. The inconsistencies are beyond obvious at this point. Shanahan is clearly a pawn just placed there.

Wait until the NHLPA get ahold of this in CBA discussions. And with Fuhr, they most definitely will.

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
Because 81 will not play on the left side. That's why.

And Toews will play in Detroit. And rightfully so. He needs a game before the playoffs start. At least.

fine. 88-19-81