Dwayne Bowe: Josh McCown has potential to be a top-five quarterback

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
I think the word Mongo is looking for is "had". As in "McCown HAD potential after a 5 game sample 2 years ago".

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
Way to dodge the question, and after I mention that McCown's play was equal to Cutler's play in Arizona I'm sure you'll google and screen shot more box scores to support your argument that he wasn't; despite the fact that you didn't ever see McCown play a down for the Cardinals and it just so happens that I did see McCown play in Arizona a lot.

The thing is unlike Cutler, McCown has never had a supporting cast or even a strong organization or coaching staff around him.

Let me know when you want to talk about a player you've actually seen play because outside of his sample size in Chicago you've never watched a single snap Josh McCown has taken in the NFL.

I think Cutler sucks too. I only showed the stats from last year because Mongo decided to show stats from a 5 game sample 2 years ago. Do you really think McCown has just had over a decade of bad luck with coordinators and that's why he's been terrible throughout his career, or do you just like to bitch about nothing?

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
True. Someone was calling the plays but McCown was still awful

False, Jeff Tedford quit before the season started and it left the QB coach in charge of an offense he did not develop nor game plan with. To call the QB coach the offensive coordinator because he was forced to call plays is both laughable and absurd.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
I think Cutler sucks too. I only showed the stats from last year because Mongo decided to show stats from a 5 game sample 2 years ago. Do you really think McCown has just had over a decade of bad luck with coordinators and that's why he's been terrible throughout his career, or do you just like to bitch about nothing?

Which support (and validate) Bowe's comment that McCown has "potential"

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
I think Cutler sucks too. I only showed the stats from last year because Mongo decided to show stats from a 5 game sample 2 years ago.

At least with Cutler you're arguing from having seen him play football before, with McCown you're arguing from box scores. McCown has never been in a favorable position to succeed and the one time he was, he caught lightning in a bottle.

Had the Bears retained him they could have moved on from Cutler and paid McCown less money which would have put this team in a better situation.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
At least with Cutler you're arguing from having seen him play football before, with McCown you're arguing from box scores. McCown has never been in a favorable position to succeed and the one time he was, he caught lightning in a bottle.

Had the Bears retained him they could have moved on from Cutler and paid McCown less money which would have put this team in a better situation.

I don't disagree with the bolded part. I just think you're overstating what McCown is or was capable of.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Way to dodge the question, and after I mention that McCown's play was equal to Cutler's play in Arizona I'm sure you'll google and screen shot more box scores to support your argument that he wasn't; despite the fact that you didn't ever see McCown play a down for the Cardinals and it just so happens that I did see McCown play in Arizona a lot.

The thing is unlike Cutler, McCown has never had a supporting cast or even a strong organization or coaching staff around him.

Let me know when you want to talk about a player you've actually seen play because outside of his sample size in Chicago you've never watched a single snap Josh McCown has taken in the NFL.

LOL. How in the fuck can you tell someone who've they seen play? McCown HAS played with a great supporting cast before and it was with the Cardinals. He was there in 2002 to 2005 and played each year. He had Fitzgerald and Boldin at the time, then he had another supporting staff in Tampa. Lol I cant believe this clown had the nerve to tell someone who've THEY seen play without knowing them

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
LOL. How in the fuck can you tell someone who've they seen play? McCown HAS played with a great supporting cast before and it was with the Cardinals. He was there in 2002 to 2005 and played each year. He had Fitzgerald and Boldin at the time, then he had another supporting staff in Tampa. Lol I cant believe this clown had the nerve to tell someone who've THEY seen play without knowing them

Yeah I didn't even bother to acknowledge those comments, typical stupidity from the resident blogger.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:

First a supporting cast doesn't mean wide receivers to throw to

Boldin missed most of the 2004 season with an injury and Fitzgerald was a rookie.

Second McCown missed of 2005 with an injury himself.

Third the Cardinals have had some of the worst offensive lines perhaps in the history of the NFL especially during that timeframe.

Fourth you should look up who their leading rushers were.

Next a history of their head coaches.

Fifth have they ever had a decent offensive coordinator.

Sixth is their recent success the greatest success they've achieved in the history of their franchise?

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Stfu you"ve never seen the cardinals or mccown play

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
Seventh McCown has been bad in all but 5 games, regardless of who his coordinator was.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
McCown has been awful his entire career. And the 5 game stretch he had with us was filled with luck. He played against the 3 worst defenses in the NFL in 2013 and had 5 statistical dropped interceptions in that time frame. The same year, Cutler played against the tougher defenses. I posted this a long time ago and people ignore it because it doesn't fit their argument.

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Maybe my sarcasm meter hasn't kicked in yet today. Are you actually defending McCown? He's amply proved over 12 seasons that he is a mediocre quarterback at best. At best. He's normally crap. He's good enough to have started 49 games in his 12 year career. And I have seen a lot of McCown as a starter (in the limited chances I have had over 12 years). He's not good.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
If you'd have seen McCown play in Arizona you wouldn't be talking shit about him now.

lol! Yes I wouldn't be talking about a man who threw more int's than td's, had a losing record as a starter or even backup and lost his job due to injury and/or just sucking as a Cardinal

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Maybe my sarcasm meter hasn't kicked in yet today. Are you actually defending McCown? He's amply proved over 12 seasons that he is a mediocre quarterback at best. At best. He's normally crap. He's good enough to have started 49 games in his 12 year career. And I have seen a lot of McCown as a starter (in the limited chances I have had over 12 years). He's not good.

You fucking liar. I know for a fact that you've never seen McCown play.