CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
1. Watson
2. Kizer
3. Trubisky
4. Cousins as a free agent
5. McCarron
6. JG

Go with the rookie or spend money on someone with a decent enough resume in Cousins.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
And I believe Watson could be a top 5 QB. He might not, but the only way you are ever going to get a top 5 QB is by drafting one. Might as well start now.

The guy who threw 17 interceptions in 14 games at the college level?

Yeah ok.

You don't need a top 5 QB to win a Superbowl. It obviously helps, but it's not necessary. Cousins is definitely good enough to win a SB with a good team around him. He is better than guys like Eli, Flacco, 2016 Peyton. He really isn't that far off Russell

PAPABEAR77

Liked Posts:
"I asked a high-level NFL source whose team is set at quarterback about the best quarterback in the draft. He picked Watson, citing his ability to lead. Bears coach John Fox would agree, listing leadership as one of his top traits at the quarterback position."

Interesting. Goes well with Pace's comments about wanting someone with big credentials who can elevate a program.

I'm not going to let myself get too hopeful.
don't because the statement has nothing to do with linking Watson to fox just a comment on traits Kizer has the same traits

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:

Yeah ok.

You don't need a top 5 QB to win a Superbowl. It obviously helps, but it's not necessary. Cousins is definitely good enough to win a SB with a good team around him. He is better than guys like Eli, Flacco, 2016 Peyton. He really isn't that far off Russell

You are also gonna have to pay Cousins 100M with 60 of it guaranteed. I would rather pay Watson a rookie contract.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Yeah ok.

Interceptions in college are not a good predictor of interceptions or production in the NFL.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
If you can get Cousins for only money.... That's the top option. Of course that would be about 23M per year, but that's better 18M per and multiple early picks. It's also more of a sure thing than a draft pick and worth the money difference IMO

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Interceptions in college are not a good predictor of interceptions or production in the NFL.

I don't know where you pulled this from but all I know is if you are throwing 17 INT's against college level athletes with four NFL level players at skill positions...

Good luck against the NFL caliber athletes when the window for error is going to be a lot smaller.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Oh and out of the QB's with 400+ pass attempts last year - Only Ryan Fitzpatrick and Philip Rivers had a higher interception %

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Trubisky has play 13 college games. Kirk is an NFL QB who has thrown for 4K yards the past two years. Almost 5K this past year. You're crazy.

For us to get him, we would have to pay him top QB money for a guy that is maybe 12th best QB in the NFL. And then give up our 3rd overall pick too? Fuck that.

If I am drafting a QB at 3, I am hoping he is better than Cousins. Plain and simple.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
For us to get him, we would have to pay him top QB money for a guy that is maybe 12th best QB in the NFL. And then give up our 3rd overall pick too? Fuck that.

If I am drafting a QB at 3, I am hoping he is better than Cousins. Plain and simple.

Why are we giving up our 3rd overall pick? Did I miss something?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Trubisky has play 13 college games. Kirk is an NFL QB who has thrown for 4K yards the past two years. Almost 5K this past year. You're crazy.

People criminally under rate Cousins because of his early struggles.