ESPN Possible Howard to Bulls Trades

Liked Posts:
I'm not necessarily attacking Bulls fans, I'm attacking the idea of it. I'll never understand Bulls fans constant dissatisfaction with this team. We have a championship level team. The playoffs haven't started and people are already jumping off the cliff after one loss to Miami without our full squad.

It's infuriating.

This is nothing new when you're talking about a fanbase that is used to winning. The Bulls had a championship level team last year, but didn't have a solid grip on any game in the ECF except G1.

Glide2keva

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is nothing new when you're talking about a fanbase that is used to winning. The Bulls had a championship level team last year, but didn't have a solid grip on any game in the ECF except G1.
Our team wasn't healthy, top to bottom and we were still in each game.

Even Rose was playing with Turf Toe.

ChiTeez.com

Best shirts in Chicago
Liked Posts:
I'm not necessarily attacking Bulls fans, I'm attacking the idea of it. I'll never understand Bulls fans constant dissatisfaction with this team. We have a championship level team. The playoffs haven't started and people are already jumping off the cliff after one loss to Miami without our full squad.

It's infuriating.

Agreed! I am against tearing apart this team! When healthy, we can beat anyone in a 7 game series!

Liked Posts:
Our team wasn't healthy, top to bottom and we were still in each game.

Even Rose was playing with Turf Toe.

There's no such thing as a healthy team when you get to the conference finals. I assure you, the Heat had players who were dealing with injuries as well. The difference was LeBron and Bosh managed to knock down shots while seemingly everyone else who took the floor for either team didn't. The Bulls weren't blown out in the ECF, but the Heat weren't hitting on all cylinders. Also, the fact that one of their main 3 was mortal in that series and the Heat still won is why some Bulls fans are still skeptical of the Bulls' chances to contend for a title.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Lol at acting like we only want Howard because we lost to Miami. Get a fn clue. I don't see what's so hard to understand.

Glide2keva

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
There's no such thing as a healthy team when you get to the conference finals. I assure you, the Heat had players who were dealing with injuries as well. The difference was LeBron and Bosh managed to knock down shots while seemingly everyone else who took the floor for either team didn't. The Bulls weren't blown out in the ECF, but the Heat weren't hitting on all cylinders. Also, the fact that one of their main 3 was mortal in that series and the Heat still won is why some Bulls fans are still skeptical of the Bulls' chances to contend for a title.
The Heat had guys that came back from injuries, not fresh ones like we had.

Noah was hurt, Boozer was hurt, Rose was hurt, Asik went down, we weren't at our best. Miami got better in the series, we got worse.

Glide2keva

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lol at acting like we only want Howard because we lost to Miami. Get a fn clue. I don't see what's so hard to understand.
What other reason is there?

They've been saying this since we (wait for it) LOST TO MIAMI LAST YEAR!

So why shouldn't I think that. Just because you're superstar obsessed doesn't mean I'm wrong for not drinking the Kool-Aid.

Liked Posts:
The Heat had guys that came back from injuries, not fresh ones like we had.

Noah was hurt, Boozer was hurt, Rose was hurt, Asik went down, we weren't at our best. Miami got better in the series, we got worse.

Besides Haslem, who else did the Heat need to be healthy? Maybe Miller? That Heat team was ridiculously short; Joell Anthony was actually a vital piece of their team, that's how short they were. Healthy or not, the Bulls weren't knocking down shots. The Heat basically leaned on two players, because even Wade was contained by Brewer.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
LOL @ you.

Howard is the flavor of the month. Once he signs or gets traded to basketball Siberia, then they'll move on to begging for the next FA instead of getting behind this team we have.

People have wanted Howard on the team since last May. That's a hell of a "month".

Keep on being clueless though.

Glide2keva

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm just wiling to give this team as currently constructed a chance to succeed or fail. Other people don't seem so willing.

ChiTeez.com

Best shirts in Chicago
Liked Posts:
We would have to give up far too much just to get Howard. He is a TERRIBE free throw shooter, and we will need some type of a bench to Win a title! Keeping our current team and getting them healthy is our best chance. Plain and simple!

Glide2keva

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We would have to give up far too much just to get Howard. He is a TERRIBE free throw shooter, and we will need some type of a bench to Win a title! Keeping our current team and getting them healthy is our best chance. Plain and simple!
This!!!!!

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I'm just wiling to give this team as currently constructed a chance to succeed or fail. Other people don't seem so willing.
I am too. If we can't get Howard.

But it's idiotic to just dismiss the idea of even trying to get him.

It's more so even dumber to dismiss a guy who has already lead a team to the NBA Finals as if he is some failure and doesn't know how to win.

You don't know that.

It's not a fact.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
What other reason is there?

They've been saying this since we (wait for it) LOST TO MIAMI LAST YEAR!

So why shouldn't I think that. Just because you're superstar obsessed doesn't mean I'm wrong for not drinking the Kool-Aid.

I'm not superstar obsessed, I'm obsessed with wanting my favorite basketball teams to win championships and I think if you have the change to add a irreplaceable center and give up a bunch of replaceable role players and Deng, you do it.

There many reasons why I want Howard. The main one being 20-15 average and a perennial defensive player of the year on a team with the best defensive coach/team.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I am too. If we can't get Howard.

But it's idiotic to just dismiss the idea of even trying to get him.

It's more so even dumber to dismiss a guy who has already lead a team to the NBA Finals as if he is some failure and doesn't know how to win.

But...but...but he cant shoot FTs!!! No team has won the finals with a big man who can't shoot FTs

Glide2keva

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm not superstar obsessed, I'm obsessed with wanting my favorite basketball teams to win championships and I think if you have the change to add a irreplaceable center and give up a bunch of replaceable role players and Deng, you do it.

There many reasons why I want Howard. The main one being 20-15 average and a perennial defensive player of the year on a team with the best defensive coach/team.
And they will replace all those "replaceable" role players with scrub because they won't have cash to sign anyone.

But yeah Rose and Howard is all you need.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Yeah Howard sucks at shooting free throws, but the Rose and Howard tandem would be ridiculous. Let's say we give up Noah, Asik, and Korver/Brewer, and a pick or whatever else is needed to fill the salary gap. You'd have Rose, Hamilton, Deng, Boozer, and Howard starting with CJ, one of Korver/Brewer, Taj, and Butler off the bench. Tell me that team doesn't beat Miami. Even if we had to do a deal involving Hedo, at least Hedo can shoot 3s and be a playmaker. He wouldn't entirely useless (although his defense probably negates his offense half the time).

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
And they will replace all those "replaceable" role players with scrub because they won't have cash to sign anyone.

But yeah Rose and Howard is all you need.

Didn't people say Miami wouldn't have money to sign anyone? People keep going there anyway...