ESPN Possible Howard to Bulls Trades

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Deng is our best defensive option to guard lebron. lebron would destroy Anderson.

Anderson could guard James in the post and give him help-side defense when he guards him at the top. The Bulls would be fine and their offense would be nearly unstoppable.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He would be a better option to defend James than anybody else who would be left on the team. Thibodeau would need to play more zone defense and give help to Anderson on LeBron when he's at the top. But it's certainly not bad.

Brewer would still be better, but I see what you're saying. I think a zone might be the best way to defend Miami as it is. Howard can shut down the paint and if they beat us shooting long twos then so be it.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Anderson could guard James in the post and give him help-side defense when he guards him at the top. The Bulls would be fine and their offense would be nearly unstoppable.

Eh...Lebron is a heck of a lot stronger than Anderson. If Lebron actually had a post game, this could be an issue, but as it stands, his post game right now is just bulling people over. Anderson wouldn't do that great against that. And if Lebron takes him in the high post, that's a blow by waiting to happen. Our help defense would stop that play sometimes I guess...

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Different line-ups the Bulls could use:

Howard
Boozer
Anderson
Hamilton
Rose

Howard
Anderson
Turkoglu
Brewer
Rose/Watson

Asik
Boozer
Anderson
Hamilton/Brewer
Rose/Watson

Asik
Howard
Anderson/Turkoglu
Hamilton/Brewer
Rose/Watson

Plenty of versatility to play big or small. The Bullswould be idiots not to do that deal.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yes we'd be dumb not to do that trade, Orlando isn't going to give up Anderson and they would be dumb to do that trade...sort of.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Eh...Lebron is a heck of a lot stronger than Anderson. If Lebron actually had a post game, this could be an issue, but as it stands, his post game right now is just bulling people over. Anderson wouldn't do that great against that. And if Lebron takes him in the high post, that's a blow by waiting to happen. Our help defense would stop that play sometimes I guess...

Look, I'd miss Luol Deng as much as anybody. Especially because of his defense. But Anderson is capable of guarding SF's. Sure, he would need help matched up with LeBron, but Howard would still be there as a defensive anchor. Rose would need to play a lot of help defense on James at the top, and Howard gives you all of the help defense you could ever dream of against James in the post backing down Anderson.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Look, I'd miss Luol Deng as much as anybody. Especially because of his defense. But Anderson is capable of guarding SF's. Sure, he would need help matched up with LeBron, but Howard would still be there as a defensive anchor. Rose would need to play a lot of help defense on James at the top, and Howard gives you all of the help defense you could ever dream of against James in the post backing down Anderson.

I'm not bashing the idea of that team as a whole, I'm just saying Anderson guarding James is far from ideal. In context, as long as we win, I don't care.

Bullsman24

Mr Metta World Peace
Liked Posts:
Joakim, Asik, unguaranteed contracts of Brewer/Korver/Watson and Charlotte pick for Dwight and Hedo

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
Joakim, Asik, unguaranteed contracts of Brewer/Korver/Watson and Charlotte pick for Dwight and Hedo

This Howard talk is the reincarnation of last seasons Melo talks......INSANITY

How about we keep Joakim,Asik,Brewer,Watson,Korver, Taj, Butler, Deng,Boozer,And Rose...
Then add JR Smith to that.
Presto:We have a winner.

Staring line up for 2012 Bulls:
Deng
Boozer
Noah
Smith
Rose

Bench:
Taj
Hamilton
Korver
Asik
Watson
Brewer
Butler

Then for 2003 season, we amnosty a contract, trade unnessasary contracts for picks, fill in holes with D/eague orleague minimum vertrans and just Sign free Agent Howard and go for _hampionship 2-peat.

Last edited:

thechosenone

Liked Posts:

It is way too much to give.

This packages would be enough:
1)Asik,Deng,Brewer
2)Noah,Deng
3)Noah,Taj,Brewer (best for us)
4)Asik,Deng,CJ Watson (Best for them)
5)Noah,Taj,CJ Watson (deal closes somewhere in the middle :D)

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
It is way too much to give.

This packages would be enough:
1)Asik,Deng,Brewer
2)Noah,Deng
3)Noah,Taj,Brewer (best for us)
4)Asik,Deng,CJ Watson (Best for them)
5)Noah,Taj,CJ Watson (deal closes somewhere in the middle :D)

:obama:

Yup, just break up this contending team that took 13 years to build for.............
Howard Howard Howard......

Or use logic and go the SP94 risk free route by signing jr smith to short term contract which gives the Bulls and JR freedom if it doesn't work out....its garenteed not to mak us worse and he may end up being a keeper after the Bulls get fitted for there 2012 championship rings.......1 more ring than Howard,Melo and Lebron......Well, Actually 7....

Another solid point is that Smith would help insure that we don't have to rely on Hamilton too much who is old and injury prone....it kind of helps Hamilton stay healthy by not having to overdo things which could hurt the team as a whole as far as getting out the east.

Last edited:

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
yeah lets blow this roster up and go back to the early 2000's

where the team is full of scrubs, bust and motorcycle riders :troll:

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
yeah lets blow this roster up and go back to the early 2000's

where the team is full of scrubs, bust and motorcycle riders :troll:

....AND HOWARD AND ROSE!!!! That would be the best pg/c combo since Shaq and Penny.

You would then have Taj and Asik backing Howard with Boozer starting...your frontcourt becomes much better! You would have to use Korver and Brewer at the three until you can find a better player...but to say that team gets soooooo much worse by losing Deng and adding Howard is patently false! And it makes no sense.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
You keep thinking that Howard will extend here when there is 1. No guarantee that we'll even get him and 2. If we DO get him, that he won't even extend here. So no, I'm not interested in renting him and gutting the team in the process. Especially since we have a team that can win it this year.

The bulls don't trade for Howard unless he agrees to a contact extension before hand. They would never give up Deng and Noah for a half a season loan. Stop with this contract extension nonsense bc it would only happen if he agreed to one. Im assuming that's what everyone who wants Howard is basing their argument off of as well.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The overratedness of Luol Deng continues.

ChiTeez.com

Best shirts in Chicago
Liked Posts:
The overratedness of Luol Deng continues.

you think Deng is over rated? :obama: He is easily the Bulls 2nd best player when he is healthy, and should be an All-Star this year! He is a walking 20 and 10 every night. And a pretty solid defensive player.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
you think Deng is over rated?
Yes.

Because if we actually have people not wanting trade for DWIGHT HOWARD because we might have to give up Deng that's the definition of being overrated.

Are you an idiot?
and should be an All-Star this year!
:rolling:

No he shouldn't be.

He is a walking 20 and 10 every night.
WHUT?!

I find this hilarious seeing as he has never averaged 20 and 10 EVER...and has never even been close.

When you ask if I think Deng is overrated...then go on to overrate Deng in your very post by labeling him an All star and a walking 20-10 despite neither of those being true....you're proving my point....not disputing it.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Luol Deng...the first player in NBA history to be a "walking 20 and 10" yet never average it.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
you think Deng is over rated? :obama: He is easily the Bulls 2nd best player when he is healthy, and should be an All-Star this year! He is a walking 20 and 10 every night. And a pretty solid defensive player.

wat?

I like Deng, I'd like him to be an All-Star just for the sake of the Bulls having two All-Stars, but there are other players that deserve it more than Deng, especially due to Deng's injury.