ESPN Possible Howard to Bulls Trades

Glide2keva

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah Howard sucks at shooting free throws, but the Rose and Howard tandem would be ridiculous. Let's say we give up Noah, Asik, and Korver/Brewer, and a pick or whatever else is needed to fill the salary gap. You'd have Rose, Hamilton, Deng, Boozer, and Howard starting with CJ, one of Korver/Brewer, Taj, and Butler off the bench. Tell me that team doesn't beat Miami. Even if we had to do a deal involving Hedo, at least Hedo can shoot 3s and be a playmaker. He wouldn't entirely useless (although his defense probably negates his offense half the time).

Hedo's play making ability is overrated. He's not even close to what he was in Orlando or Sacramento now.

Plus, there is no way ORL takes our scrubs (so to speak) for Howard.

It'll be more likely Deng, Taj, Noah, Asik, & the pick. With what's left, we do not beat Miami. Oh, but there will be a line around the corner of guys willing to sign here. :rolleyes:

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
And they will replace all those "replaceable" role players with scrub because they won't have cash to sign anyone.

But yeah Rose and Howard is all you need.

You don't know what they have bc you don't know what the deal is. What you do know is that you'll have Rose and Howard. Most likely Turk(for the season), probably Boozer, and a couple bench guys. I'd be completely fine with Rose, Rip, Turk, Boozer, Howard, Brewer off the bench and whatever he hell else.

You keep thinking this year, I'll think long term. Telling me I'm living in the moment bc we lost to Heat, look at you.

RC_Skinny22

Sharpshooter
Donator
Liked Posts:
I love the current roster because we have a team to identify with!

Of course I want them to win a title but with a couple of bandwagon players it wouldn´t feel as good as with the guys we already have!

Give this TEAM a chance to win it all!

Glide2keva

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I love the current roster because we have a team to identify with!

Of course I want them to win a title but with a couple of bandwagon players it wouldn´t feel as good as with the guys we already have!

Give this TEAM a chance to win it all!
This again!

Glide2keva

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You don't know what they have bc you don't know what the deal is. What you do know is that you'll have Rose and Howard. Most likely Turk(for the season), probably Boozer, and a couple bench guys. I'd be completely fine with Rose, Rip, Turk, Boozer, Howard, Brewer off the bench and whatever he hell else.

You keep thinking this year, I'll think long term. Telling me I'm living in the moment bc we lost to Heat, look at you.
You keep thinking that Howard will extend here when there is 1. No guarantee that we'll even get him and 2. If we DO get him, that he won't even extend here. So no, I'm not interested in renting him and gutting the team in the process. Especially since we have a team that can win it this year.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Hedo's play making ability is overrated. He's not even close to what he was in Orlando or Sacramento now.

Plus, there is no way ORL takes our scrubs (so to speak) for Howard.

It'll be more likely Deng, Taj, Noah, Asik, & the pick. With what's left, we do not beat Miami. Oh, but there will be a line around the corner of guys willing to sign here. :rolleyes:

Well no crap. That's why he'd be dumped to us. That said, he can shoot 3s still and can at least handle the ball a little (more so than Deng ever could anyway) so he can still be an asset at times offensively. So we'd have Rose, Hamilton, Hedo, Boozer, and Howard. That's not as bad as it looks because Howard is a far better defensive anchor than Noah and make up for bad defenders like Turkoglu and Boozer. Heck, he's already had to cover Hedo's butt for years and Ryan Anderson isn't exactly Kevin Garnett either. We'd still have CJ, Brewer, and Korver on the bench and Butler as well. As for the line of guys willing to sign here...oh hi Kenyon Martin, look, there's a nice spot in our lineup for you to play 25+ minutes a night. Joel Pryzbilla can come here too if he wants. :elephant:

Glide2keva

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well no crap. That's why he'd be dumped to us. That said, he can shoot 3s still and can at least handle the ball a little (more so than Deng ever could anyway) so he can still be an asset at times offensively. So we'd have Rose, Hamilton, Hedo, Boozer, and Howard. That's not as bad as it looks because Howard is a far better defensive anchor than Noah and make up for bad defenders like Turkoglu and Boozer. Heck, he's already had to cover Hedo's butt for years and Ryan Anderson isn't exactly Kevin Garnett either. We'd still have CJ, Brewer, and Korver on the bench and Butler as well. As for the line of guys willing to sign here...oh hi Kenyon Martin, look, there's a nice spot in our lineup for you to play 25+ minutes a night. Joel Pryzbilla can come here too if he wants. :elephant:
Yeah,that's a team I want to get behind. :rolleyes:

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would do the mega-deal and start Ryan Anderson at SF and live with the result.

Howard, Asik
Boozer, (Mirotic in a couple of years)
Anderson, Turkoglu
Hamilton, Brewer, Korver
Rose, Watson

DO THE DEAL

Glide2keva

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would do the mega-deal and start Ryan Anderson at SF and live with the result.

Howard, Asik
Boozer, (Mirotic in a couple of years)
Anderson, Turkoglu
Hamilton, Brewer, Korver
Rose, Watson

DO THE DEAL
Wow, that team is even worse.

But if Rami says it then it must be good :rolleyes:

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Actually that team is exactly the same except we keep Asik and add Anderson. If anything, that's actually better...

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

How is that team worse? The only area of weakness would be the back-up PF for the rest of this year (assuming the Bulls didn't pick anybody up off the market).

Anderson gives you a lot of offense at Deng's position with about as much ball-handling honestly. He is not Deng on defense but he's not exactly a terrible option to guard LeBron James.

Glide2keva

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
How is that team worse? The only area of weakness would be the back-up PF for the rest of this year (assuming the Bulls didn't pick anybody up off the market).

Anderson gives you a lot of offense at Deng's position with about as much ball-handling honestly. He is not Deng on defense but he's not exactly a terrible option to guard LeBron James.
Deng is our best defensive option to guard lebron. lebron would destroy Anderson.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Actually yes he is because he's not nearly quick enough to keep up with him. Blow by every single time. Sure he has more length, but what good is it if he's not in position to use it?

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Anderson also gives you a viable three-point threat in the starting line-up (something the Bulls don't have now).

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Actually yes he is because he's not nearly quick enough to keep up with him. Blow by every single time. Sure he has more length, but what good is it if he's not in position to use it?

He would be a better option to defend James than anybody else who would be left on the team. Thibodeau would need to play more zone defense and give help to Anderson on LeBron when he's at the top. But it's certainly not bad.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If you say so.

Well you just said even worse, so specify, worse than what? Our current team? The team I proposed a page or so back?

I'd say this team would be slightly worse defensively than our current one (purely because our defense at SF would plummet like a ton of rocks), but would be a heck of a lot better offensively. It would even itself out over the course of a series.

And compared to a team where you trade Deng, Noah, Gibson, and Asik and only get back Howard and Hedo, then yeah this team is better.