Expectations for Justin Fields vs other good rookies.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Honestly I don't know why they'd even start Dalton.
The McCaskeys and 10M dollars.

We'll see how it plays out. But as adamant as Nagy is about "sticking to the plan," I wonder if the directive is higher than him and Pace.

Perhaps the family is a little gun shy on rushing Fields out there after Mitchell

Last edited:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Zero to do with money already spent or the family. It's all about what Nagy and the staff thinks is best for Fields. Like it or not, it's nothing deeper than that. Only thing that will cause a deviation is an injury or total suckage with Dalton.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I will never understand why you think you can post about Matt Nagy regarding "QB developmenting" because you are literally saying he was supposed to develop qb like Nick Foles whomst is literally a veteran and journey-man or Mitchell Trubisky whomst is literally a back up quarterback? How does one develop a already developed QB or a QB whomst isn't even a starter caliber QB? Are you kidding me?

By Patrick Finley Dec 18, 2019, 5:34pm CST

Before the Chiefs sprung Patrick Mahomes on the NFL — and the quarterback threw 50 touchdown passes to win league MVP — they gave him a redshirt year.

Matt Nagy, Kansas City’s offensive coordinator in 2017, was Mahomes’ tutor in the quarterbacks room. Mahomes didn’t throw a regular-season pass as a rookie until Week 17, when the Chiefs’ playoff fate already had been sealed.

“That was a great room to grow up in,” Chiefs coach Andy Reid said Wednesday. “Matt Nagy is your coach; [quality-control coach] Mike Kafka, who played, he was in there. And then [starter] Alex Smith.

“I mean, come on. That was like the University of Quarterbacks for ya, right there.”

Culture was the key — a dicey proposition when the room had a veteran starter and a rookie drafted to eventually replace him.

Nagy said Mahomes would “be the first to tell you that that year he spent redshirting under Alex Smith is probably gonna go down as a very significant year to him to grow.”

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
The McCaskeys and 10M dollars.

We'll see how it plays out. But as adamant as Nagy is about "sticking to the plan," I wonder if the directive is higher than him and Pace.

Perhaps the family is a little gun shy on rushing Fields out there after Mitchell
The McCaskeys care more about money than winning. Starting Fields would bring in more money than Dalton starting.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Zero to do with money already spent or the family. It's all about what Nagy and the staff thinks is best for Fields. Like it or not, it's nothing deeper than that. Only thing that will cause a deviation is an injury or total suckage with Dalton.

the conspiracy theories about starting Fields are so fucking weird

like there is some bizarre effort to invent some reason why it would benefit Nagy to sabotage the bears/Fields

fuckin weird

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The McCaskeys care more about money than winning. Starting Fields would bring in more money than Dalton starting.

some bullshit

McCaskeys have eaten a lot of contracts over more recent history, losing tens of millions

The narrative of being cheap - at least when it comes to the roster and coaches - is completely outdated

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
some bullshit

McCaskeys have eaten a lot of contracts over more recent history, losing tens of millions

The narrative of being cheap - at least when it comes to the roster and coaches - is completely outdated
This happens with every NFL franchise. Like you kinda of mentioned, being cheaper doesn’t have to only do with players and coaches. They are cheap and money driven in other ways

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This happens with every NFL franchise. Like you kinda of mentioned, being cheaper doesn’t have to only do with players and coaches. They are cheap and money driven in other ways

they also just built world class facilities in lake forest out of pocket

just dont think the narrative holds anymore

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nagy will be under more pressure to start Fields year one than Reid had with Mahomes. I'm guessing if the Bears start 1-2 or 0-3, which is very possible, we see Fields start week four.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
You don't know that.

And I merely suggested the possibility. The possibility that they don't want to rush Fields out there after what happened with Mitch...combined with the money spent.

We might not see Fields until late this year...

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Nagy will be under more pressure to start Fields year one than Reid had with Mahomes. I'm guessing if the Bears start 1-2 or 0-3, which is very possible, we see Fields start week four.

I wonder at what point should Nagy be worried and or fired

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
You don't know that.

And I merely suggested the possibility. The possibility that they don't want to rush Fields out there after what happened with Mitch...combined with the money spent.

We might not see Fields until late this year...
It's well documented ownership leaves ALL football related decisions to the front office. Your suggestion is a reach at best. Some teams (jets, Dallas, Washington) as examples ownership does meddle in the football decisions.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's well documented ownership leaves ALL football related decisions to the front office. Your suggestion is a reach at best. Some teams (jets, Dallas, Washington) as examples ownership does meddle in the football decisions.
I'm open to that being the case.

Do you have this documentation or a link?

EDIT: Keep in mind I'm not taking about day-to-day operations, but the handling of the future of the franchise. I don't see why there wouldn't be collaboration.

Last edited:

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Week four against the Lions at home sounds about right.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I will never understand why you think you can post about Matt Nagy regarding "QB developmenting" because you are literally saying he was supposed to develop qb like Nick Foles whomst is literally a veteran and journey-man or Mitchell Trubisky whomst is literally a back up quarterback? How does one develop a already developed QB or a QB whomst isn't even a starter caliber QB? Are you kidding me?
In what position was he drafted and who drafted him? If he can't develop a number 2 overall pick, what makes you think he can develop a #11 overall pick?

Or is Pace just a moron?

VickAshley✅️verified

✅️ verified member - He/Him/Himselve/Sir
Liked Posts:
In what position was he drafted and who drafted him? If he can't develop a number 2 overall pick, what makes you think he can develop a #11 overall pick?

Or is Pace just a moron?
I have literally zero clues as to how this is a reply to the post you're quoting.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Or is Pace just a moron?

Because Fields has yet to prove he is a mental midget like Trubisky.

If Nagy helped develop #10 pick Mahomes, what makes you think he can't develop #11 pick Fields?

See Bears fans can cherry pick examples that suit our narrative too.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Because Fields has yet to prove he is a mental midget like Trubisky.

If Nagy helped develop #10 pick Mahomes, what makes you think he can't develop #11 pick Fields?

See Bears fans can cherry pick examples that suit our narrative too.

Or was it really Andy Reid