Fat Lady is Warming up her Vocals....She Sang

TL1961

Liked Posts:
If he catches it, they win.
If he misses it, they lose.

But don't be happy when he catches it.

And the icing on the cake is that the Cardinals challenged it!! WTF are you challenging?? He reached over the wall??? Fucking clowns!!

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
As much as I was on the sell train, I'd think there's zero way they do that now. Cubs lucked out on timing of playing a couple really bad baseball teams
I think they still have to move Stroman. He'll never have another season like this one and highly doubtful they will resign him. What I don't get is the greed involved in sports. No matter where he goes, Bellinger would have to be as stupid as Fat Daniel not be able to live like a king for life with the money he's gonna get. He's said many times that he likes the team and the city a lot. Sure, Boras will get him top dollar but it's money he won't get to if he lives to be 100. Why not stay where you want to be? As far as them being lucky to catch a run of bad teams.....it might come back to haunt them. It would be sweet if they pulled a 69 Mets, but I'm not seeing it....I'm still seeing a ,500 team playing sub .500 teams.

Last edited:

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I think they still have to move Stroman. He'll never have another season like this one and highly doubtful they will resign him. What I don't get is the greed involved in sports. No matter where he goes, Bellinger would have to be as stupid as Fat Daniel not be able to live like a king for life with the money he's gonna get. He's said many times that he likes the team and the city a lot. Sure, Boras will get him top dollar but it's money he won't get to if he lives to be 100. Why not stay where you want to be? As far as them being lucky to catch a run of bad teams.....it might come back to haunt them. It would be sweet if they pulled a 69 Mets, but I'm not seeing it....I'm still seeing a ,500 team playing sub .500 teams.
Yeah, winning right before the trade deadline could be bad luck. If they stand pat and don't win enough to catch other teams - or simply get in the playoffs and get knocked out right away as would be expected - they'll end up getting next to nothing (QO compensation) for Bellinger and Stroman.

I will like having Bellinger in the second half, but they're not going to get him to forego FA unless they go crazy with $, and if doing that, why not get prospects and do it in December?

But like the Angels, they also see value in saying "fuck it" and trying to win this year, and fans certainly will appreciate that part.

I do think Stroman still gets moved, as you suggest.

Castor76

Liked Posts:
Yeah, winning right before the trade deadline could be bad luck. If they stand pat and don't win enough to catch other teams - or simply get in the playoffs and get knocked out right away as would be expected - they'll end up getting next to nothing (QO compensation) for Bellinger and Stroman.

I will like having Bellinger in the second half, but they're not going to get him to forego FA unless they go crazy with $, and if doing that, why not get prospects and do it in December?

But like the Angels, they also see value in saying "fuck it" and trying to win this year, and fans certainly will appreciate that part.

I do think Stroman still gets moved, as you suggest.

I think there is inherit value in telling a player that the team wants to win and they want to win with a player. No idea how that would translate money wise though. The only deal I could even imagine Bellinger would sign as an extension would either be something that let him get back on the market after 2-3 years or locked him up 10 plus at big money, i.e. 28-32M AAV. Problem with a long term is you have to be convinced he's gotten past his injury issues and he's truly back.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Six good innings from Taillon after the first batter of the game scored.

Fulmer gives us a scare but escapes.

Get this one, men!

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I think there is inherit value in telling a player that the team wants to win and they want to win with a player. No idea how that would translate money wise though. The only deal I could even imagine Bellinger would sign as an extension would either be something that let him get back on the market after 2-3 years or locked him up 10 plus at big money, i.e. 28-32M AAV. Problem with a long term is you have to be convinced he's gotten past his injury issues and he's truly back.
I put the chances of Bellinger signing an extension at zero. But I think the Cubs have a decent shot at signing him in free agency.

Castor76

Liked Posts:
I put the chances of Bellinger signing an extension at zero. But I think the Cubs have a decent shot at signing him in free agency.

I agree because on one hand, the Cubs probably don't make the offer. Other hand, Boras would tell Bellinger that some other team could offer more and hold out to the last moment.

The one thing I think Boras biggest failure as an agent is he only seems to concern himself with highest dollar. Take what appears to have happened to Freeman and his agent not telling him about the Braves offer.

People need to always remember that agents and lawyers shouldn't be making the decisions.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I agree because on one hand, the Cubs probably don't make the offer. Other hand, Boras would tell Bellinger that some other team could offer more and hold out to the last moment.

The one thing I think Boras biggest failure as an agent is he only seems to concern himself with highest dollar. Take what appears to have happened to Freeman and his agent not telling him about the Braves offer.

People need to always remember that agents and lawyers shouldn't be making the decisions.
Bellinger signed a one year deal for an obvious reason. He bet on himself returning to form and he has. It would make zero sense to sign now.

TL1961

Liked Posts:

Agents and lawyers are not making the decisions.

They are presenting the data absent emotion.

And players are benefiting.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Meanwhile, the Reds held the Dodgers to two hits, but they were both Max Muncy HRs and LAD won 3-2.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Hottest team in baseball!!!!!

8 wins in a row!