Fat Lady is Warming up her Vocals....She Sang

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Somehow that fucking Suzuki always comes up when we need to move runners and with a man on 2nd and nobody out he pops it up.

Why in God’s name is he in the top half of the order?
Then belly strikes out looking on a ball right in the middle of the plate. Yikes

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Let's do some damage here in the 5th.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
When will we have an OF prospect ready to come up who can play half-ass baseball? That would be a major improvement over suzuki.

Edit to include Suzuki's defensive fuck up, after his offensive ineptitude: Jesus Christ!

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
When will we have an OF prospect ready to come up who can play half-ass baseball? That would be a major improvement over suzuki.
Yeah, Deadhead Jed just traded him for some guy no one has ever heard of.

Seriously, Suzuki is gonna have to be the guy....so is Stroman as a starter. Anything is possible I guess....I'm just not seeing it with this group.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Yeah, Deadhead Jed just traded him for some guy no one has ever heard of.

Seriously, Suzuki is gonna have to be the guy....so is Stroman as a starter. Anything is possible I guess....I'm just not seeing it with this group.
I know you really have to take shots at Jed in every post, but be serious. Nelson Velasquez is no answer.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I know you really have to take shots at Jed in every post, but be serious. Nelson Velasquez is no answer.
"Seriously, Suzuki is gonna have to be the guy....so is Stroman as a starter"

Brush up on your comprehension....it was sarcasm and I will continue to take shots at a GM who is clearly in over his head.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
The Reds don’t want to burn bullpen arms, so they are just gonna let this guy pitch until his arm is dragging on the ground

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Back on track!

DrGonzo

Dump VJJ
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's been fun. Maybe short sighted on my part but glad they didn't sell and looking forward to how this plays out with Bellinger in a Cubs uni.

Also there's a lot of time for Stroman to get his mojo back and meanwhile Taillon has been almost average which is a big improvement.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Averaging 20 runs per game with the Candyman.

Stats don’t lie.
?

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Stroman to IL with bruised ego.

This follows the hurt feelings he has had for the past month.

Shame he can’t face Atlanta and Toronto as he would have in the next two starts. That could have been some serious fireworks.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
David Ross is doing his Joe Maddon thing where it looks like the lineup was created by a game of Boggle.

We acquire Candelario in the hope that he can play third regularly. Instead, we put him at first Tuesday and keep Suzuki in the lineup, and sit Tauchman

Wednesday Candy plays 3rd so we get Wisdom at 1st and sit Tauchman.

It’s like little league where everybody has to play X number of times per week no matter how good or bad they are

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Cubs Place Marcus Stroman On IL With Hip Injury
By Darragh McDonald | August 2, 2023 at 5:50pm CDT

The Cubs have placed right-hander Marcus Stroman on the 15-day injured list with right hip inflammation, retroactive to August 1, with Meghan Montemurro of The Chicago Tribune among those to relay the info. His roster spot will go to right-hander José Cuas, who was acquired from the Royals yesterday.

Stroman, 32, got off to a great start this year, as he carried a 2.28 earned run average after his start on June 20. With him succeeding and the club floundering, he became a popular trade candidate leading up to the deadline but their fortunes have flipped in recent weeks. Stroman has allowed 30 earned runs in 30 innings over his last seven starts as the Cubs have surged back into contention, eventually deciding to buy instead of sell. They held onto Stroman and Cody Bellinger, in addition to acquiring Jeimer Candelario.

Now the club will have to proceed with their postseason race without Stroman, at least for a little while. He told reporters today, including Maddie Lee of the Chicago Sun-Times, that he received a cortisone shot and the plan is for him to miss just one start. If he can get back to health and back to his previous form, that would obviously be a boon to the club.

For now, they will proceed with a rotation of Justin Steele, Drew Smyly, Jameson Taillon and Kyle Hendricks. They will need a fifth starter at some point, which could be Hayden Wesneski, though he’s been pitching out of the big league bullpen of late. Some of the other options on the 40-man roster include Ben Brown and Caleb Kilian. They are currently three games back in the National League Wild Card race.

Stroman is in the second season of a three-year deal that he signed with the Cubs prior to 2022. He can opt out of the final year of that pact, leaving $21MM on the table. If he returns healthy and effective, it should be an easy decision for him to turn that down and secure himself a larger guarantee on the open market this winter. If the issue were to linger into the offseason, that could perhaps change his calculus, though there’s bee

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Next week's promo: Let your 10 year old hit at Wrigley.

They'll face Drew Smyly.