Fat Lady is Warming up her Vocals....She Sang

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Highest scoring team in baseball in July and they have 36 in two games in August.

I didn't see that coming in May and June - and even then they had several double digit scoring games.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
In three games, the Reds have failed to catch three fly balls that were just short of the basket. All three went for hits, but at least two would normally be caught by decent fielders.

And tonight, every infielder had a poor play, if not more.

Tuesday, their catcher had two errors by the 3rd inning.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Baseball has to be the strangest of sports....it wasn't all that long ago that the Reds looked like the greatest thing since sliced bread. The biggest surprise of 2023!! Now? Still could be, I guess but at the moment they are the complete opposite of what they were a few weeks ago.

Just a warning....it's happened to everyone in this division. Anyone could be next. Probably the streakiest of any season in recent memory.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Why not the Cubs? Go for the glory!

wonky73

Las Vegas Sorts News
Liked Posts:
Cubs are the only team in the division with a positive run differential What a crap division

Castor76

Liked Posts:
Everything they needed to do in that series. Now to see if they can take 2 of 3 from the Braves, it'd be awesome.

Last edited:

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Everything they needed to do in that series. Now to see if they can take 2 of 3 from the Braves, it'd be awesome.

I'm a bit concerned going in. This is a test for them. Game 2 the starter has still been unannounced. At Iowa Wicks has not started sense Jul 24. His last start was taken by Little (the lesser one). Today has been unannounced at Iowa. So we might get some insight into their plans by watching how they lay out Iowa's rotation over the next two days.

Wicks is not on the 40 man but the 40 is now at 39. So he is a possibility. Most viewed 200 IP in the minors or less and he is at 178 IP so it is a maybe.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm a bit concerned going in. This is a test for them. Game 2 the starter has still been unannounced. At Iowa Wicks has not started sense Jul 24. His last start was taken by Little (the lesser one). Today has been unannounced at Iowa. So we might get some insight into their plans by watching how they lay out Iowa's rotation over the next two days.

Wicks is not on the 40 man but the 40 is now at 39. So he is a possibility. Most viewed 200 IP in the minors or less and he is at 178 IP so it is a maybe.
Yeah.
I'd say any win off Atlanta is a victory.

Any loss must be accepted with a grain of salt.

Hanging all hopes on winning this series might be unrealistic and untrue. Let the wins come, fight like hell and good things will happen to those who stay true to the sport and stay loose.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Looks like a pitching duel so far. See who gives first.

Best case is it turns onto a nail biter and forces Jed to Call up either Wicks or Brown. Shoot call up both and toss Thompson and Little in Iowa's rotation.