Fat Lady is Warming up her Vocals....She Sang

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Angels have gone all in. They are buyers.

A crazy idea would be target Verlander. Max just got traded for Acuna's kid brother and Mets ate some of it.

So that is a possibility that they would do it again. Verlander can change the rotation dynamic even at his age.

3B is also a issue. Getting Mag back is a decent start and maybe a decent end game as he hits the ball. Candy is a better choice.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
But on that thought.

Target Verlander for Kilian and Canario (Bryant's trade chips sent to NY) Kilian opens up a 40 man spot. Canario would have to be put on next year and there is no clear path for him.

Move Smyly to Middle innings. Hayden goes back to Iowa with his spot given to Verlander.

This adds a vet lefty to the pen and adds a ace level starter pushing Stro into the #3-5 slot with Tailion and Hendrcks.

Which is a pretty solid rotation TBH.

After that 3B is the next spot that Jed should look into. Candy is ideal as he brings a more rounded game than Wisdom and Mag's brings. But that really depends on how much Was wants. If he is over priced then Jed should hold the deck.

Now Candy also plays 1B which moves Bellinger to CF. So Ross could do a semi platoon with Mag and Trach this way. So it has potential.

Last edited:

TL1961

Liked Posts:
But on that thought.

Target Verlander for Kilian and Canario (Bryant's trade chips sent to NY) Kilian opens up a 40 man spot. Canario would have to be put on next year and there is no clear path for him.

Move Smyly to Middle innings. Hayden goes back to Iowa with his spot given to Verlander.

This adds a vet lefty to the pen and adds a ace level starter pushing Stro into the #3-5 slot with Tailion and Hendrcks.

Which is a pretty solid rotation TBH.

After that 3B is the next spot that Jed should look into. Candy is ideal as he brings a more rounded game than Wisdom and Mag's brings. But that really depends on how much Was wants. If he is over priced then Jed should hold the deck.

Now Candy also plays 1B which moves Bellinger to CF. So Ross could do a semi platoon with Mag and Trach this way. So it has potential.
So....trade assets for a 3B to platoon with Madrigal ??

wonky73

Las Vegas Sorts News
Liked Posts:
8 in a row baby.. on our way to the super cup bowl series finals of the continent

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Miles Mikolas could not stop the Cubs winning streak.

Adam Wainwright could not stop the Cubs winning streak.

Jordan Montgomery could not stop the Cubs winning streak.

I, simply by buying tickets, stopped the Cubs winning streak.

Sincere apologies. Commence to trashing me.

In my defense I will say the Cards did not score while we were in attendance. We decided so late we arrived after all the scoring.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
July 30: INF Edwin Ríos sent outright to Triple-A Iowa
Ríos was already assigned to Triple-A Iowa, but the Cubs exposed him to waivers and were able to outright the corner infielder. That means Ríos is no longer on Chicago's 40-man roster, which now sits at 39 players. It opens up a spot for a potential addition in the hours leading up to Tuesday's Trade Deadline.

In 18 games for the Cubs this season, the 29-year-old Ríos hit .071 (2-for-28) in a sporadically used bench role across multiple stints in the Majors. With Triple-A Iowa, he's batting .258 with five homers, eight doubles, 16 RBIs and an .809 OPS through 35 games (145 PAs).

CSF77

Liked Posts:
So....trade assets for a 3B to platoon with Madrigal ??

No

Vs LH
Mad 3B, Candy 1B, Belli CF

Vs RH
Candy 3B, Belli 1B, Trach CF

Candy is full time. Trach and Mad fall into platoon.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Miles Mikolas could not stop the Cubs winning streak.

Adam Wainwright could not stop the Cubs winning streak.

Jordan Montgomery could not stop the Cubs winning streak.

I, simply by buying tickets, stopped the Cubs winning streak.

Sincere apologies. Commence to trashing me.

In my defense I will say the Cards did not score while we were in attendance. We decided so late we arrived after all the scoring.

U good. Just means start another one.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
No

Vs LH
Mad 3B, Candy 1B, Belli CF

Vs RH
Candy 3B, Belli 1B, Trach CF

Candy is full time. Trach and Mad fall into platoon.

I like how there would be a rotation going on. Keep them fluid.

But with the 40 being knocked to 39 we know there will be a add of at least one guy.

It really depends on how much Jed is willing to spend on talent and assets.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
U good. Just means start another one.
Well, I promise not to attend any road games in the near future given they’re done in StL for 2023.

But I do want to get to Wrigley soon.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Well, I promise not to attend any road games in the near future given they’re done in StL for 2023.

But I do want to get to Wrigley soon.

My wife wants to go to Chicago. I have not been back sense I got out of the Navy back in 97. So next year I might put in for a few weeks.

On the dead line. I really think that Jed should target Verlander. There is control for next year. It would make sense going forward with pending opt out players might give Jed more of an edge in extension negotiation.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
My wife wants to go to Chicago. I have not been back sense I got out of the Navy back in 97. So next year I might put in for a few weeks.

On the dead line. I really think that Jed should target Verlander. There is control for next year. It would make sense going forward with pending opt out players might give Jed more of an edge in extension negotiation.
That’s a lot of money.

It would take signing Shohei in FA off the table.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
That’s a lot of money.

It would take signing Shohei in FA off the table.
Not a sure thing that he would go to Chi.

Right now the Dodgers have the pitching that NYM want. This might end up a over price development IMO.

Cubs have the desired pitching. Brown Kilian Wicks and Wesneski all could be on NYM rotation in the aftermath.

I really don't know to be honest how this would develop if Jed put his hat in the mix. NY would be crazy to turn down 2 of them and a bat like Canaro or Velasquez

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Also for some reason word has it Jed wants a RH bat also. I'm not sure of the reasoning tbh. I guess Wisdom is a fail. Alanso is going into A3 next year and a huge increase

So in theory Jed could make a major move here.

Alonzo 1B. Cut Wisdom
Verlander #1.

Move out any prospect except #1&2. Let the Mets decide on what they would want with in reason.

Cubs move Bellenger back to CF full time.

3B let Mad bat #9 and if he gets injured again then move Morel there.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Cubs To Acquire Jeimer Candelario
July 31st, 2023 at 5:27pm CST • By Anthony Franco
The Cubs are acquiring Jeimer Candelario, reports Ken Rosenthal of the Athletic (Twitter link). Michael Cerami and David Kaplan reported earlier this evening that the sides were in talks on Candelari

Oooooo.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
When you can get that .635 OPS combined with clumsy defensive play, it's just so hard to keep Mancini out of the lineup.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Lead off double boys LFG

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Lead off double boys LFG
Somehow that fucking Suzuki always comes up when we need to move runners and with a man on 2nd and nobody out he pops it up.

Why in God’s name is he in the top half of the order?