Fat Lady is Warming up her Vocals....She Sang

CSF77

Liked Posts:
2nd time around. Got the timing of his fastball down. Starting pitching has been the issue that Jed has been avoiding

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Cubs getting slapped with that reality check today
Exactly why I wanted them to sell. Even if they somehow backass their way into the playoffs....you will have to play teams like this at some point. A better GM would've recognized that. You won't find teams like the Cards, Wash and the White Sox in the playoffs to beat up on. They are putting together some pieces but they are still a bit away from being a championship quality team. @Chicagosports89 time frame of a year or so, sounds about right.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Exactly why I wanted them to sell. Even if they somehow backass their way into the playoffs....you will have to play teams like this at some point. A better GM would've recognized that. You won't find teams like the Cards, Wash and the White Sox in the playoffs to beat up on. They are putting together some pieces but they are still a bit away from being a championship quality team. @Chicagosports89 time frame of a year or so, sounds about right.

Cubs were built to push innings vs be in a competition. The O has put them on the map.

A part of the problem has been Jed himself. He has targeted lower velocity innings eaters that pitch to contact. That is great for efficient pitch counts. In a play off environment you have to subtract the D and focus on missing bats.

End of the story Cubs are lacking starters that hover mid 90's. Steele has been the most consistent and he hovers 92-96 on avg.

I was not joking when Jed should bring up both Brown and Wicks for Sat. Push Thompson into the void and get these two accumulated with major league hitting.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
It was a mistake to not sell Stroman before his wheels came off and Bellinger when he was en fuego just prior to TDL. Even bad teams have stretches of good ball during a long season. This club should still be building for the future not holding onto 30 year olds in hopes of a wild card or a division title in a weak division. Other than maybe Hoerner and Swanson, I doubt a single other rostered player will be on the team in another 2-3 years.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
And Jed goes with a bullpen day.... Assad starting the lose train. Wtf Jed you push the in button and half ass it.....

CSF77

Liked Posts:
It was a mistake to not sell Stroman before his wheels came off and Bellinger when he was en fuego just prior to TDL. Even bad teams have stretches of good ball during a long season. This club should still be building for the future not holding onto 30 year olds in hopes of a wild card or a division title in a weak division. Other than maybe Hoerner and Swanson, I doubt a single other rostered player will be on the team in another 2-3 years.

Bellenger looks like he will resign

Stroman from what was said. His hip has been lingering for a while. Add to it his slider location has been off. Forcing him to go-to his sinker more. And it was a launching pitch post Londoom.

If he still pushes out piss performance most likely he pulls the option for 21M. Which could be used elsewhere.

So him turning it around frees up that payroll which can go to Bellenger.

Regardless the line up sucked. Facing a cy young lefty didn't help but don't pull out Morel and plus in Wisdom to strike out all night.

Then Kyle played batting practice to put it away. Can't wait for that to end in the off season. 88 lollypops are fun to see get hitters out and all but give me a 96 with better secondary pitches.

bears5150

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Braves showed what a playoff team is shutdown pitching and a few runs on the board, Cubs hopefully learned something today

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Well, at least the Reds and Brewers lost today as well.
Literally every team the cubs are chasing lost yesterday. Cubs got the good luck charm going

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Bellenger looks like he will resign

Stroman from what was said. His hip has been lingering for a while. Add to it his slider location has been off. Forcing him to go-to his sinker more. And it was a launching pitch post Londoom.

If he still pushes out piss performance most likely he pulls the option for 21M. Which could be used elsewhere.

So him turning it around frees up that payroll which can go to Bellenger.

Regardless the line up sucked. Facing a cy young lefty didn't help but don't pull out Morel and plus in Wisdom to strike out all night.

Then Kyle played batting practice to put it away. Can't wait for that to end in the off season. 88 lollypops are fun to see get hitters out and all but give me a 96 with better secondary pitches.
Bellinger will hit FA. He might re-sign, but he'll be testing FA and maximizing his value. He should've been traded.

Stroman is on the DL because he's been awful. Maybe he's got something a little sore but this stint is because he's been horrible. If he had a real injury he'd have been on the DL already. Good chance we could be stuck with him another year.

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
The Cubs have the number 2 farm system right now. And what they bought were with guys that were gonna be lost anyways.
When it comes to facing Atlanta in the playoffs all it takes is having a pitching staff on fire at the right time and juggernauts can be eliminated. It happens every year. Not saying this will happen but when a team plays this well, selling can prevent other free agents from signing or from current players resigning. It is bad for morale and for attracting Free Agent talent, especially since we are 1 of 3 teams in on Ohtani this off season.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
The Cubs have the number 2 farm system right now. And what they bought were with guys that were gonna be lost anyways.
When it comes to facing Atlanta in the playoffs all it takes is having a pitching staff on fire at the right time and juggernauts can be eliminated. It happens every year. Not saying this will happen but when a team plays this well, selling can prevent other free agents from signing or from current players resigning. It is bad for morale and for attracting Free Agent talent, especially since we are 1 of 3 teams in on Ohtani this off season.
1 of 3 in on ohtani? Lol

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Yep, Yanks, Dodgers and Cubs:
Angels, giants, and Mets will be involved. Boston probably will be involved. I wouldn't be surprised if teams like Seattle get involved. Odds are there will be 10-15 teams somewhat involved and 5-7 heavily involved.

The Yankees would actually be a team I'd figure would be on the fringe because of what they already have committed to some other big names

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
1 of 3 in on ohtani? Lol
I also particularly enjoy the notion being bantered about regarding trading guys away at the deadline hurting the cubs in FA

That is such a laughable thing to claim to me. As if it doesn’t come down to whomstever offers the most money 99% of the time.

I guess ol dansby swanson is an outlier to sign with the cubs after the cubs traded away guys at the deadline.

It’s just ? talk

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Well good first inning. See how long it takes Atl to break Assad.