Fat Lady is Warming up her Vocals....She Sang

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I also particularly enjoy the notion being bantered about regarding trading guys away at the deadline hurting the cubs in FA

That is such a laughable thing to claim to me. As if it doesn’t come down to whomstever offers the most money 99% of the time.

I guess ol dansby swanson is an outlier to sign with the cubs after the cubs traded away guys at the deadline.

It’s just ? talk
Players won't leave cash lying on the table. But equal offers players tend to look at other issues like close to home and winning. Current and pending.

Swanson was one of a bunch in SS and the best over all one. Chi gav him a chunk and sold him on where they are and the direction that they are going.

I equate him to Lester as the change of dynamics of the Org. 2015 was also not the projected contending year. 2016 was and Jake went off on a historical run.

So teams adjust to change. We can say 2024 is primed to be the next 2016. The core is intact. Jed needs to extend Bellinger and get PCA, Brown and Wicks up in the next month. Then see if he wants to retain Canderio. Sort the pen. A.A. and Placenda should be the two guys to build the pen around. Find a good mix of high energy types via farm/trade and F/A. Guys that have emotion and electricity on the mound. Get the fans lit up in games.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
And example of a player taking the cash:

Bryant. Sucking eggs in Denver. Awesome choice. Can enjoy his paycheck on the DL on a joke team.

Baez. Sucking on Detroit because pay day means more that wasting his life away in Motown losing and being depressed

Yep guess players have choices in life. Some are dollar generated.

If that is what motivates them cool. Rather take less with in reason and create positive memories

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Players won't leave cash lying on the table. But equal offers players tend to look at other issues like close to home and winning. Current and pending.

Swanson was one of a bunch in SS and the best over all one. Chi gav him a chunk and sold him on where they are and the direction that they are going.

I equate him to Lester as the change of dynamics of the Org. 2015 was also not the projected contending year. 2016 was and Jake went off on a historical run.

So teams adjust to change. We can say 2024 is primed to be the next 2016. The core is intact. Jed needs to extend Bellinger and get PCA, Brown and Wicks up in the next month. Then see if he wants to retain Canderio. Sort the pen. A.A. and Placenda should be the two guys to build the pen around. Find a good mix of high energy types via farm/trade and F/A. Guys that have emotion and electricity on the mound. Get the fans lit up in games.
Who's placenta?

Castor76

Liked Posts:
I also particularly enjoy the notion being bantered about regarding trading guys away at the deadline hurting the cubs in FA

That is such a laughable thing to claim to me. As if it doesn’t come down to whomstever offers the most money 99% of the time.

I guess ol dansby swanson is an outlier to sign with the cubs after the cubs traded away guys at the deadline.

It’s just ? talk

Any team that is truly in the Ohtani talks will be prepared to offer him the same thing contract wise, whatever he wants with no real negotiation. They'll go over the CBT like it doesn't exist.

I have no idea what Ohtani wants from his next contract. This is pure speculation.

The only 2 things that can differ from team to team will be chance to win titles and legacy. I will not say the Cubs offer the best in either category. What I will say is they have an immediate future as bright as most teams in baseball.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Any team that is truly in the Ohtani talks will be prepared to offer him the same thing contract wise, whatever he wants with no real negotiation. They'll go over the CBT like it doesn't exist.

I have no idea what Ohtani wants from his next contract. This is pure speculation.

The only 2 things that can differ from team to team will be chance to win titles and legacy. I will not say the Cubs offer the best in either category. What I will say is they have an immediate future as bright as most teams in baseball.
Do research. Word is he wants west coast and a winning team. Thus SDP/LAD/SFG

Cubs are 1% world and we should not expect it.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Rough start to Palencia. Lose the release point. Get back on the bike kid. Really like him and want to see him get established

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Another note:

1B
RF
3B
DH

Who is not in there who was yesterday?

3 guys.

All are sitting vs a RHSP. And the O didn't choke.

Just saying. Pay attention to the line ups and whom is not everyday anymore.

Castor76

Liked Posts:
Do research. Word is he wants west coast and a winning team. Thus SDP/LAD/SFG

Cubs are 1% world and we should not expect it.

So that would mean only the Dodgers because those other 2 aren't really winning teams. They are teams who might win. And did you hear that from Ohtani or just scuttlebutt? Lots of things get said and then somebody do something weird.

But yeah, I expect him to be a Dodger like most people.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Hint

15 days

Screenshot_20230805_141856_Chrome.jpg

CSF77

Liked Posts:
So that would mean only the Dodgers because those other 2 aren't really winning teams. They are teams who might win. And did you hear that from Ohtani or just scuttlebutt? Lots of things get said and then somebody do something weird.

But yeah, I expect him to be a Dodger like most people.

Most resources have him wanting to stick on the west cost and on a winner

Good reason why LAA are all in. Losing gets a ass slap

CSF77

Liked Posts:
But on the who part. That is a hard.call. all 4 teams are pretty good. It is hard to argue against the Dodgers but Yu is on the Padres so that is a viable option also.

I would say both are close to each other and it depends if he wants to compete against or play with Yu. SD has the pitching openings to justify it.

SF would be a black sheep.

LAD are interest not for a Yu landing but Urias going to F/A.

That could be a potential target for Jed. But I would rather see the rotation sorted via the farm. Jed has depth in options in Hayden/Brown/Wicks and Horton being pushed to Tenn this year and Iowa and MLB most likely mid season next year.

I will go on a limb and stick with retain Steele and Stallion from the current squad. Get Brown and Wicks some MLB innings in September. Run those 4 with Kilian and Hayden battling for the 5. After that get Horton's pitch counts up in low pressure Iowa and ease him in mid season as the next staff ace.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Was going to fix the auto spell on Tallion.. it fits so it sticks.

Castor76

Liked Posts:
1 down, 12 to go. Cubs had 21 games going into this series before meeting up with the Brewers at the end of the month. They have to got 11-10 to even think of staying in the race and preferably go 13-8. Toronto is the only other tough team the have between then and now and winning those other series should be more than achievable. Brewers have Dodgers, Rangers, Twins, and Padres just before the Cubs series. Reds have a few tough series themselves before the Cubs come to their place to start September.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
1 down, 12 to go. Cubs had 21 games going into this series before meeting up with the Brewers at the end of the month. They have to got 11-10 to even think of staying in the race and preferably go 13-8. Toronto is the only other tough team the have between then and now and winning those other series should be more than achievable. Brewers have Dodgers, Rangers, Twins, and Padres just before the Cubs series. Reds have a few tough series themselves before the Cubs come to their place to start September.

Attachments

• air-guitar.gif
    air-guitar.gif
    244.8 KB · Views: 4

Castor76

Liked Posts:
Let's play with the decently realistic options for next year. Barring return to early form of this season. Stroman opts in, the Cubs don't exercise the options on Hendricks or Gomes and the Cubs go into the offseason with about 78M before the CBT.

That would put the Cubs needing at least 1 SP, 2 if they move Smily to the pen or trade him while eating say half the salary. They also have needs at 3B, 1B, CF, and the pen will always need arms. The expectation at some point is PCA fills CF and Tauchman has more than shown he can hold it down until said time. I would love to bring back Bellinger but he's probably going to cost 30M per. Candelario has hit his way into a nice contract and could look at a 20M contract. There are some other options coming to FA at 3B but Candy is hitting his way into hearts. If the Cubs want to add an Impact Arm they are going to have to go over the CBT for 24 and mostly fill from within afterwards using the extra 50Mish that comes off after 24 to shore up small holes for a run in 25 and 26.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Let's Go! Fly the W

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
A few hot hitting games and now candy is going to be a 20 mil per year player ???

The same guy that struggled to get a 1 year deal for 5 mil