Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Brew Crew up 4 games again. It's really too easy to own you pathetic clowns in every sport. Bucks will be getting in full drive soon and adding to the mix like always.

Bow to your owners to the north you pathetic and jealous slaves.

Too funny

Edgy bro! Way to to get em! You just owned the Cubs forum with one post! Love it!

CSF77

Liked Posts:
How did PCA do? Didn't watch but saw he grounded into fielders choice. Pitching sucked?

The bat will come along a bit slower. His D is already top end as those 2 plays showed.

He is the type of player that can get 3 fWAR on his glove alone.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah, it’s totes hard to accept all the World Series titles and division titles the Brewers have won the last couple decades ?

It's not just the Brewers either. It's all pro teams in Wisconsin.

Championships in the last 50 years.

Bucks 2 Bulls 6

Packers 2 Bears 1

Brewers 0 Cubs/Sox 2

LOL ???? 0 Blackhawks 3

So they can hang their hat on beating the Chicago teams in the regular season....but that's not what it's all about.
Try winning something....fucking regular season winners....playoff chokers.

TOO FUNNY

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Suzuki hitting over .360 in the months of august and September. He’s going to finish the season as the cubs 2nd best hitter

The haters sure are quiet about him these days
He’s so hot he may crack 60 RBI in a 162-game season.

Probably get some MVP votes. ?

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
He’s so hot he may crack 60 RBI in a 162-game season.

Probably get some MVP votes. ?
Yeah, cuz RBI totals are a great indicator of a hitters performance ?

Fact is he will end up with the 2nd best hitting performance for the season on the team in overall numbers

Glad to see one of the haters is still blindly hating

TL1961

Liked Posts:

Fact is he will end up with the 2nd best hitting performance for the season on the team in overall numbers

I am not hating. I have given him his props when he earned them. And, no, I don't think RBI are solely dependent on the hitter himself, but if you're going to criticize anyone for wanting more from our corner OFs, fine. Our two combined would have good stats for one.

Being realistic about a player's actual performance, and expecting at least average play is hardly being a hater. It's simply not being a blind fanboy.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I am not hating. I have given him his props when he earned them. And, no, I don't think RBI are solely dependent on the hitter himself, but if you're going to criticize anyone for wanting more from our corner OFs, fine. Our two combined would have good stats for one.

Being realistic about a player's actual performance, and expecting at least average play is hardly being a hater. It's simply not being a blind fanboy.
Show me where I was being a “blind fanboy.” All I stated was he has been hot for over a month now and he will finish the season as the cubs 2nd best hitter

If that’s being a fanboy, then okay sure. Otherwise, you’re simply putting words in my mouth that I did not say

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Only stat I care about are wins. And Cubs ain't winning now. There's a wild card race and they are losing.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Show me where I was being a “blind fanboy.” All I stated was he has been hot for over a month now and he will finish the season as the cubs 2nd best hitter

If that’s being a fanboy, then okay sure. Otherwise, you’re simply putting words in my mouth that I did not say
You are referring to the fact that you’re giving him credit for being hot for a month which many of us have just like you. But just because we were honest that he stunk up until that point does not mean we are haters. I never understand why people have to use the word “haters“ when people are just flat out realistic.

Up until a month ago, he has been a below average major league player. That’s not hate that’s just stating facts.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Only stat I care about are wins. And Cubs ain't winning now. There's a wild card race and they are losing.
They’re not winning right now because they have a manager who is not going to play minor leaguers that just came up over major leaguers who says he states “got us where we are“.

What he doesn’t understand is those players got us in a fucking wildcard race when we should be winning the division. They got us 10 games over 500 instead of 20.

He’s going to play Patrick fucking wisdom and Christopher Morel, and let other guys sit on the bench because they are new.

Yes, he put PCA in centerfield probably with a gun to his head, but keeps plugging in guys who clearly are struggling and could use a seat on the bench.

That’s just flat out ignorant

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
The Cubs just had a stretch of 27 games in 26 days. Brewers had 3 days off in that same time period. Almost an entire month of no off days. IT obviously dragged them this past week.

Now they have 2 days off the rest of the year with Brewers having one day off.

Ross has been doing his best job of keeping his bullpen fresh and hitters getting needed rest. But it had its drawbacks as Candelario got hurt and slumped and many in the bullpen slumped as well.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Not wrong on Suzuki.

wRC+
Bellinger 139
Suzuki 120
Morel 115
Happ 113

So you really want to lean on these guys on the home stretch.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Oh and Wisdom sat on back to back lefties. Ross went with the plus gloves at CF and 1B.

So Wisdom is bench warming with Canario.

I expect Tauchman leading off vs RH pitching and at DH with Morel vs LH.

That is until PCA gets going. At that point all bets are off.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
You are referring to the fact that you’re giving him credit for being hot for a month which many of us have just like you. But just because we were honest that he stunk up until that point does not mean we are haters. I never understand why people have to use the word “haters“ when people are just flat out realistic.

Up until a month ago, he has been a below average major league player. That’s not hate that’s just stating facts.
And all I stated was a fact…he will finish the season as the cubs 2nd best hitter statistically

I’ve never understood why people have to go on and on when all that was said was factual

TL1961

Liked Posts:
And all I stated was a fact…he will finish the season as the cubs 2nd best hitter statistically

I’ve never understood why people have to go on and on when all that was said was factual
Fair enough.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers

Every time I watch, he's getting hits. But I've really struggled getting back into baseball since COVID shut it down. I just forget the games are on. I did make sure to tune in to catch PCA tho. Hoping I can at least see these guys in the playoffs.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Stroman activated. Will pitch out of the pen to get his pitch count up.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Every time I watch, he's getting hits. But I've really struggled getting back into baseball since COVID shut it down. I just forget the games are on. I did make sure to tune in to catch PCA tho. Hoping I can at least see these guys in the playoffs.
Have you only watched the last three weeks?

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Have you only watched the last three weeks?
I usually catch the ones on the weekends. Maybe he's better on Saturdays

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Not sure what Ross is thinking with Happ leading off.

He really should just lead off with Hoerner.