Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Col has a huge outfield. He saves runs which gives him great value here and Azl. Both parks have carry so plus D will needed.

One site had a example line up of

Tauchman/Morel DH
Horner 2B
Suzuki RF
Bellinger 1B
Swanson SS
Happ LF
Gomes C
PCA CF
Madrigal 3B

Guess it depends on Bellingers move to 1st? Im not really interested in seeing PCA plat appearances. Sure, he may be ready but this is no time to be fucking with defensive lineups. It's just bad timing. If the Cubs are ahead, sure let's see the guy. At this point, if I'm Ross, I'm asking my everyday guys where they wanna play. You've rode with them this long. Keep riding.
All of this with the exception of Wisdom. So if it's a Wisdom for Bellinger swap at first and PCA in the outfield, so be it I guess.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Guess it depends on Bellingers move to 1st? Im not really interested in seeing PCA plat appearances. Sure, he may be ready but this is no time to be fucking with defensive lineups. It's just bad timing. If the Cubs are ahead, sure let's see the guy. At this point, if I'm Ross, I'm asking my everyday guys where they wanna play. You've rode with them this long. Keep riding.
All of this with the exception of Wisdom. So if it's a Wisdom for Bellinger swap at first and PCA in the outfield, so be it I guess.

More about Candy potentially going on the DL.

With the ability to petition to allow PCA to be on the play off roster due to a injury. It makes sense to DL Candy then move Cody to 1B and start PCA in CF.

If it works out it gives Jed leverage to keep him active for the play offs.

I'm pretty sure this will end up being the case. You don't promote your top prospect to sit. Not when he is 5 tool.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Col has a huge outfield. He saves runs which gives him great value here and Azl. Both parks have carry so plus D will needed.

One site had a example line up of

Tauchman/Morel DH
Horner 2B
Suzuki RF
Bellinger 1B
Swanson SS
Happ LF
Gomes C
PCA CF
Madrigal 3B
PCA ahead of Happ and Gomes would be better.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Yes, it absolutely is a time for improving the defensive lineup. Big parks with big outfields is not a bad time to play a plus defender.

I am not saying he HAS to be in the lineup just because he was called up, but Tauchman and Morel have been brutal for a month.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
More about Candy potentially going on the DL.

With the ability to petition to allow PCA to be on the play off roster due to a injury. It makes sense to DL Candy then move Cody to 1B and start PCA in CF.

If it works out it gives Jed leverage to keep him active for the play offs.

I'm pretty sure this will end up being the case. You don't promote your top prospect to sit. Not when he is 5 tool.
Why do you think they can or should send Candelario to the IL?

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Why do you think they can or should send Candelario to the IL?
Mediocre defender at 1B or 3B and since his hot start he's been hitting .119....far closer to the POS I remember back in 2016-17 than the guy we saw for the first two weeks he was here. Right now he's making the GGlover look playable....throwing the kid out there will not be any worse than Candy, probably better.

$20 mill next year.....LOLOLOLOL

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Disagree. It's exactly the right time to get him out there. Makes the team faster and he's a Plus defender. When he plays Morel or Tauchman slide into the DH slot.....so the kid is improving team defense and adding speed. On offense with Bellinger moving to 1B, he's basically replacing Candy who has sucked for over a month hitting .119. I find it hard to believe PCA will hit worse than that.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Mediocre defender at 1B or 3B and since his hot start he's been hitting .119....far closer to the POS I remember back in 2016-17 than the guy we saw for the first two weeks he was here. Right now he's making the GGlover look playable....throwing the kid out there will not be any worse than Candy, probably better.

$20 mill next year.....LOLOLOLOL
That has nothing to do with placing him on IL and asking to allow playoff spot for a guy not on roster at 8/31.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That has nothing to do with placing him on IL and asking to allow playoff spot for a guy not on roster at 8/31.
Oh yeah....teams are soooo honest about that shit. They could throw him on there and not think twice about it. As @CSF77 said, the
sooner the better.

"A player who doesn't meet said criteria for postseason eligibility can still be added to a team's roster in the postseason via petition to the Commissioner's Office if the player was in the organization on Aug. 31 and is replacing someone who is on the injured list and has served the minimum amount of time required for activation. (For example, a player on the 10-day injured list who has been on it for at least 10 days, or a player who has been on the 60-day injured list for at least 60 days.) Players who are acquired in September or after are ineligible."

TL1961

Liked Posts:
There’s three weeks to go. If they’re going to stash someone on IL they may have to shoot him in the leg.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
It is a nice backdoor. It allows Jed to not lose time on control this year and gets him in the play offs.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Line up was almost what that article posted.

PCA hitting #8 is fine. Hides him a bit while he adjusts.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Thrown out at 3rd with nobody out.

Good baseball, Nick.

Why is it that the players you find hardest to get on base are the ones more likely to get thrown out on the base paths?

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Meanwhile our free swinging, no contact, occasional HR guy bats LEADOFF! 0-3 with 3 Ks.

I seriously believe Ross is being paid by another team.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Suzuki hitting over .360 in the months of august and September. He’s going to finish the season as the cubs 2nd best hitter

The haters sure are quiet about him these days

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
How did PCA do? Didn't watch but saw he grounded into fielders choice. Pitching sucked?

PackerNation

Winning Is A Habit
Liked Posts:
Brew Crew up 4 games again. It's really too easy to own you pathetic clowns in every sport. Bucks will be getting in full drive soon and adding to the mix like always.

Bow to your owners to the north you pathetic and jealous slaves.

Too funny