Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Get some Wicks!

Bellinger at 80 RBI was the signing of the year.
Indeed. But a lot of people, myself included, have over looked another guy that has paid dividends. I know I've been on Hoyer for his trash signings like Hosmer, Mancini....ahhh, you know the drill. But one bit of dumpster diving really paid off in Tauchman. He was probably good enough in the spring to make the team, but the trash pushed to him into AAA but since being brought up in late May, he's been the best leadoff hitter they've had since Fowler. His play helped this team stay afloat while Bellinger was out with the injury. His story goes along with a lot of the weird shit that happens in baseball. A journeyman his whole career, bouncing around from team to team finally ending up playing overseas.

All I've seen is a guy who plays decent defense, runs the bases pretty well and has a penchant for getting on base. He started playing regularly somewhere aroung May 21 and the Cubs record with him starting, if my math is correct, is 50-30. If this team continues to roll, Mike Tauchman will have played a major part in it. Tip of the cap to Hoyer and his scouts for that one.

Last edited:

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Indeed. But a lot of people, myself included, have over looked another guy that has paid dividends. I know I've been on Hoyer for his trash signings like Hosmer, Mancini....ahhh, you know the drill. But one bit of dumpster diving really paid off in Tauchman. He was probably good enough in the spring to make the team, but the trash pushed to him into AAA but since being brought up in late May, he's been the best leadoff hitter they've had since Fowler. His play helped this team stay afloat while Bellinger was out with the injury. His story goes along with a lot of the weird shit that happens in baseball. A journeyman his whole career, bouncing around from team to team finally ending up playing overseas.

All I've seen is a guy who plays decent defense, runs the bases pretty well and has a penchant for getting on base. He started playing regularly somewhere aroung May 21 and the Cubs record with him starting, if my math is correct, is 50-30. If this team continues to roll, Mike Tauchman will have played a major part in it. Tip of the cap to Hoyer and his scouts for that one.

Indeed man! That guy is a glue guy. And Bellinger has the numbers but you're right. If we are talking diamonds in the rough, Tauchman is that guy.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
more like Assbert

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
more like Assbert
Shouldn't have come down to that....they get 6 walks but manage only 5 hits against some pretty unremarkable pitchers. Hard to win games with two runs even if you got a great pitching staff which the Cubs don't.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
If it’s 10-2 and you have 2 outs and nobody on, Nick Madrigal is an automatic single.

But if you have insurance runners on second and third needing a single, he’s an automatic out.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If it’s 10-2 and you have 2 outs and nobody on, Nick Madrigal is an automatic single.

But if you have insurance runners on second and third needing a single, he’s an automatic out.
He ain't the only one. 3 runs in two games against this staff in that bandbox of a ballpark is a disgrace.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
He ain't the only one. 3 runs in two games against this staff in that bandbox of a ballpark is a disgrace.

Lefty curse and wisdom at 1B. Works like a charm.

Also. Jed adds Canario and Greene. Neither are cracking the squad under Ross.

Not shocking. Those roster spots should have gone to players that Ross has worked with.

Last month of the season is where you add pieces that are established. This gives flexibility for Ross.

Should have kept Kay and brought up Rucker. At least they are known commodities that David can utilize

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I think that Assad pitched his ass off yesterday. Hell of a job.

The real issue going forward is figuring out how to approach lefties. Wisdom at 1B is not the answer. They are better off keeping Tauchman in CF batting #9 and see if he can coax walks for the top of the order.

I also agree that Tauchman was a gem. PCA will be a upgrade long term as the ceiling is higher. But I do think that David should just lay the blue print down for next year by hitting Tauchman #9 for the month. This keeps the team stable and lines it up for PCA to do his first year adjustments.

Castor76

Liked Posts:
Certainly not what we would've wanted, especially given 2 blown saves, but they are essentially in the same spot only the teams behind them have 4 fewer games to catch up.

Castor76

Liked Posts:
Down to the final 18 games of the season. Braves could have the #1 seed wrapped up by then. Still, nothing is for certain. 10-8 over that stretch should get the Cubs in solidly. Hell of a turn around from 10 games under.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Pete Crow-Armstrong has been called up to sit next to Canario and watch Morel and Wisdom play. ?

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Welp take that back, just came in to run

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Didn't watch the game tonight till now.....read that Alzolay is on the IL. Turned on the game to see Ross using Fulmer to close. WTF is that?
Hope he does well, but I'm guessing he won't.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Cubs rolling again

CSF77

Liked Posts:
You would think that platooning Tauchman and Morel at DH and starting PCA in CF would make sense.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
You would think that platooning Tauchman and Morel at DH and starting PCA in CF would make sense.

I just want the hottest bats in the lineup when Assad or Taillon are on the bump. I can wait on PCA if the Cubs are simply experimenting out there. If they go up big, PCA can sniff some playing time.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I just want the hottest bats in the lineup when Assad or Taillon are on the bump. I can wait on PCA if the Cubs are simply experimenting out there. If they go up big, PCA can sniff some playing time.

Col has a huge outfield. He saves runs which gives him great value here and Azl. Both parks have carry so plus D will needed.

One site had a example line up of

Tauchman/Morel DH
Horner 2B
Suzuki RF
Bellinger 1B
Swanson SS
Happ LF
Gomes C
PCA CF
Madrigal 3B