Fat Lady is Warming up her Vocals....She Sang

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I did not have Wicks as a just-in-time upgrade to a weakening rotation on my Cubs bingo card. I wasn't really expecting Suzuki to get hot either. Playoffs or not this has been a pretty interesting season.

They better be ready to pay Bellinger or next year is going to be a step backwards.

Cubs are going to be a tough team to beat in a series. Most teams are not going to want to go there.

Belli and Candy should be retained. Cubs can afford both.

Plus Ohtani going injured a 2nd time makes it clearer on Jed's path.

So I'm pretty sure that a fair market offer signs Belli. 200M is a realistic offer. 80M signs Candy.

As far as SP goes they really don't have to do anything right now. The current 5 they have next year and all 5 are working pieces. Stroman is just a bonus if he pulls his option. Then you have Kilian and Brown trying to break the rotation with Horton getting ever closer.

So in view of that Belli and Candy should be top priority

CSF77

Liked Posts:
System wise Mervis and Canario are upgrades to Wisdom and Madrigal. PCA replaces Tauchman.

This lowers payroll by removing some arbitration cases and filling in with higher talent.

Also this could push Happ into more DH work. This year his D degraded. Canario is considered 5 tool. So giving him LF makes plenty of sense.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Shockingly, they actually have an OF prospect named Canario and this isn't a misspelling of candelario

He was in the Bryant trade. 37 HR last year and had a freak accident in winterball.

But he has upside of all star level.

I would rank him as the #2 bat behind PCA on the system. His injury allowed some to jump ahead but as far as the total package he has the highest ceiling next to PCA.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
He was in the Bryant trade. 37 HR last year and had a freak accident in winterball.

But he has upside of all star level.

I would rank him as the #2 bat behind PCA on the system. His injury allowed some to jump ahead but as far as the total package he has the highest ceiling next to PCA.
I agree. I like Canario

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I agree. I like Canario

Ya. Happ has been very inconsistent over his tenure as a Cub. So there is opportunity for a plus *5 guy to snatch time in LF.

Mervis is one dimensional. So I see his peak value as a DH.

Morel has holes in his game. D is fringy at best. OBA .315. so a poor man's Baez.

So Canario should be a part of the mix in spring. I do see Happ rebounding but Canario is a better fielder and should make the decision to push Happ into DH more.

Canario has upside of a #4 hitter pushing .280/40/100 in his prime. That is worth devoting time into.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
So we are going to face Burnes and Woodruff in this series but before we get to them, we’re gonna lose the wade Miley start!

TL1961

Liked Posts:
What has been a strike all night for Burnes is a ball for Merryweather.

Nice.