Fields Day 1 Starter.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yay! Let’s get our generational QB talent killed behind the Bears OL! Winning!!!
What makes you think the OL is going to be bad? At the end of the season they were better then average. Now they are all healthy and solidified the RT position. Besides Leno everyone on the line is better than average.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
He very well could be and as much as I'd like to see it, Id rather he not be.

Caveroamer

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I want to see them start Dalton. Develop the new OTs and figure out the best lineup to protect a QB, let Fields learn the game and give him hundreds of reps on running for his life and learning how to roll before getting hit like a professional stuntman, then when he is actually ready and the O-line has played some games and is in sync, then put Fields in.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
There is no need to rush him.

I would start Dalton 4-6 games no matter what.

-We will have a lot of changes on the OL.
-Perhaps a new WR3
-Big changes on offense now that we can burn the Mitch training wheels offense.

Let Dalton start the season and get all that shot sorted out and than go to Fields when he is ready.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:

-Perhaps a new WR3

Let Dalton start the season and get all that shot sorted out and than go to Fields when he is ready.
If Fields is ready to go I would start him....

That being said I think Nagy is going to try and duplicate what they did with Mahomes

fenderpfunk

Liked Posts:
We have to at least give Dalton the games with the orange alternate jerseys on account to matching his hair color.

freddylamar

Liked Posts:
We seemed to forget Daniel's will be back to lock down the RHS with Jenkins next season. Big D was about to be big time before his injury. I see the RHS of this line being dominant. Run game is about to be stupid.

Cyphered

Liked Posts:

-Perhaps a new WR3

I think these arguments are asinine. You're making a grand assumption that all people learn the exact same way. Some learn better just being thrust into the guts of the car with a wrench than they ever could standing by watching someone else or reading the manual. Not saying this scenario applies to Fields specifically, although Field's lack of playing time could very well have been a contributing factor in his discontentment at Georgia. To have this as a blanket policy would be beneficial only to a small fraction of your player base and detrimental to the rest. How about after training camp the coaches evaluate the individuals based not only on their skill set but where they stand mentally and make a determination on playing time from there? Seems like a pretty straightforward policy.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I think you need to at least give the Oline a few games to get their shit together. They were rough as hell to start the year.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
So Burrow can start ...Fields can’t...got it
Burrow is on a different stratosphere as a prospect to Fields. Burrows was the best QB prospect since Luck.

I like Fields and Im not a Bears fan, but that isnt comparable. Also, Burrow blew out his leg because he was starting behind a shitty O Line.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Unless you’re not actually rushing him. If he is capable of playing the QB position at a minimum level they should start him. You also learn by playing; and there is no equal substitute for experience
If he is clearly the best on day 1 start him.

He reminds me of Prescott. You can throw him in the fire.