fields lover now a big fan of Caleb

RPMcMurphy47

Liked Posts:
Im sure the high majority of chicago supported fields, besides the cucks like @Black Rainbow

That being said, if caleb struggles early you will see the boo birds fly super quick. Pretty sure chicago expects fireworks early and often.
Doubt that. Most people that understand the QB position knew that Fields was really bad. We didn't want a QB for a 4th year that can't process or read defenses. You can support the man, but the player was atrocious other than bedazzling with his legs.

RubberBanMan

I’m just a fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
Am I the only Fields lover who's now excited that we got Caleb.. Fields dazzled with his runs but believe Caleb is light years ahead in passing,, he makes throws effortlessly. I know I'm not the only one here that didn't want to trade Fields.
Justin Fields was never my friend

Ari Bear

Hall of Famer
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I was never a Fields lover but I was a Fields supporter. But after the 23 season I was done with Fields and I wanted to draft a quarterback and we did so I'm happy about that. I think Williams is more talent than Fields so my hopes are high but yet I'm still a little cautious.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Supported Fields until he wasn't a Chicago Bear anymore. Realized during the season that given the draft position, and the kind of player that Caleb Williams was, there was no way the Bears could pass on him.

Fully supporting Caleb Williams now, and very excited that he's a Chicago Bear. And very excited that Ryan Poles has put him in a better situation than any other rookie QB in Chicago has ever been in. That matters a lot.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I enjoyed watching Fields at times... I hope to enjoy watching Williams more. When I started to feel uncomfortable watching his play in the 4th quarter, I knew it was time to move on.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Man when I saw that 2017 Elite 11 series and how Fields lit up the defense he was facing, I thought to myself, "Man this dude is throwing dimes!!" I wasn't the only one who thought that; even Richard Sherman made a remark saying, "That QB is throwing dimes!" I thought to myself, "There's no way the Bears could ever end up with this guy." So I was admittedly ecstatic when they did. I remained steadfast in my support because of what he went on to do at Ohio State.

But like much of the Bears early last season, Fields did not play well at the beginning of the season. During the Green Bay game, it honestly looked like Green Bay was facing a college team. The line allowed 5(!) sacks and the Bears only rushed for 75 yards. Sure, a lot of it was the line, but a lot of it was QB1. Over the early games last season, I wanted to reach out and ask him, "Dude, what happened? You were supposed to come in and pick up where you left off! Can you go back to being a vegetarian for Gawd's sake!!!?"

Ah well, I'm a year older now and a year closer to my eventual terminus, and I had to have a real debate with myself if I wanted to buy NFL Sunday Ticket before the May16th deadline (when the $100 off promotion ends). The offensive line isn't really that much better, and the rookie QB is going to struggle early because he's a rookie QB.

Whatever happens, it will at least be entertaining. Maybe in a "hold your nose" kind-of-way, but it will be interesting.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
While I'm excited for the possibilities, I'm tempered by the unknown. Need to see the man play in a real Game.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I was not the Field lover most think. I wanted to keep him one more year and get 3 extra 1st rd picks. Then replace him if needed next year. I'm good with resetting the QB clock and CW if they feel that good about him. But I'm not jumping on any players wagon until it's earned. Been burned too many times, especially at the QB position. I'm hopeful and happy with the off season.
These things are not the same and you get 2 extra 1st round pick's with this years being lower than your current one as your 3rd. Maybe a bit more. Even now, your perspective is off.

Not drafting CW would position the Bear to repeating a mistake. Consider this year's draft as a template. If a prospect close to CWs stature were available to a QB needy team at 1, those picks wouldn't do shit to acquire him. There would be another trade up roll of the dice for hopefully the 2nd QB but maybe the 3rd with a team willing to move. This year, nobody gave up their top 3 slots. We would have netted swapping the 1 for a lower 1st this year, and a poorer projection at QB and maybe a bit more. It's a fool's errand.

When opportunity knocks, you answer or are doomed to repeat your failures of the past.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
These things are not the same and you get 2 extra 1st round pick's with this years being lower than your current one as your 3rd. Maybe a bit more. Even now, your perspective is off.

Not drafting CW would position the Bear to repeating a mistake. Consider this year's draft as a template. If a prospect close to CWs stature were available to a QB needy team at 1, those picks wouldn't do shit to acquire him. There would be another trade up roll of the dice for hopefully the 2nd QB but maybe the 3rd with a team willing to move. This year, nobody gave up their top 3 slots. We would have netted swapping the 1 for a lower 1st this year, and a poorer projection at QB and maybe a bit more. It's a fool's errand.

When opportunity knocks, you answer or are doomed to repeat your failures of the past.
Failures of the past are mostly from not supporting the QB and/or changing systems yearly. We seem to understand that now with Poles. CW will have it better then any rookie QB in Bears history. We did not draft failures we turned them into failures. If you put CW on the team Fields had to work with then he too would fail.

Bust

Liked Posts:
Mitch was acoustic, least fields actually was entertaining to watch.

Basically, as long as he looks serviceable early it should be fine. But if he struggles in typical chicago QB fashion it will be a shitshow.

"it's been a different vibe since Justin's left . . . " Tyrique Stevenson

long one, Tyrique starts to share his views @17:00

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Failures of the past are mostly from not supporting the QB and/or changing systems yearly. We seem to understand that now with Poles. CW will have it better then any rookie QB in Bears history. We did not draft failures we turned them into failures. If you put CW on the team Fields had to work with then he too would fail.
Maybe they just sucked. Which one became more elsewhere? Orton for a couple years from a trade that netted us the better Cutler? Kramer and Miller had their best years here. So did Mitch. Bears resurrected Josh McCown's career. A proper QB should be system diverse unless something extreme like 22 Fields.

McMahon got drafted by a pretty good team. Made the championship game the following year and won the SB the next. Harbaugh got drafted by a 14-2 playoff team. You lack true perspective and seem governed by bias and hyperbole.

Last edited:

PhilEBuster

shoopster - Then. Now. Forever.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Am I the only Fields lover who's now excited that we got Caleb.. Fields dazzled with his runs but believe Caleb is light years ahead in passing,, he makes throws effortlessly. I know I'm not the only one here that didn't want to trade Fields.
Uh, you there @Mighty Joe Young ? . . .

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Just let the kid play and develop at his own pace. He's in a good situation but it's not the best ever for a rookie QB and not even for the a Bear draftee. Expectations should be high but Lots of HOF QBs didn't light it up in year 1. I expect competence and development. I'd like (hope for) more but understand NFL QB is conceptually difficult, especially coming from the air raid system.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Maybe they just sucked. Which one became more elsewhere? Orton for a couple years from a trade that netted us the better Cutler? Kramer and Miller had their best years here. So did Mitch. Bears resurrected Josh McCown's career. A proper QB should be system diverse unless something extreme like 22 Fields.

McMahon got drafted by a pretty good team. Made the championship game the following year and won the SB the next. Harbaugh got drafted by a 14-2 playoff team. You lack true perspective and seem governed by bias and hyperbole.
You are cherry picking. History says you are wrong. But at least you keep it football related so I appreciate that. Let me ask you this, How would CW do if put in Fields position? same players and same useless staff. Would Mahommes be Mahommes if he landed elsewhere but KC?

Bust

Liked Posts:
You are cherry picking. History says you are wrong. But at least you keep it football related so I appreciate that. Let me ask you this, How would CW do if put in Fields position? same players and same useless staff. Would Mahommes be Mahommes if he landed elsewhere but KC?

Look at the stats. Career journeymen QB's come to the Bears and leave with personal best season(s)! Josh McCown. Jim Miller. Chase Daniel. Rex Grossman. Mitch Trubisky. etc.

Numbers don't lie. Chicago Bears are Quarterback whisperers. Deal with it!

DavidH

Liked Posts:
Just let the kid play and develop at his own pace. He's in a good situation but it's not the best ever for a rookie QB and not even for the a Bear draftee. Expectations should be high but Lots of HOF QBs didn't light it up in year 1. I expect competence and development. I'd like (hope for) more but understand NFL QB is conceptually difficult, especially coming from the air raid system.
It is, however, easily the best situation that a rookie of his pedigree has ever walked into. That's not even up for debate.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's not cherry picking when it's real and an orchard.

Yes, Mahomes would still be great elsewhere, including here. Maybe not MVP a few times or multiple SB winner but still a top QB. Your contention that he would have been Justin or Mitch if on the Bear is ridiculous. So your contention is that Mahomes wouldn't adjust to presnap reads or understand his hot route if on the Bear? Wouldn't feel pressure and would run into sacks like this. Fields was still taking sacks by running OB behind the line without dumping the ball in year 2. Not sure but may have done that last year as well.

Do you honestly think Mahomes doesn't throw this ball and takes a sack after 5 sec. if he were a Bear? In year 3?

same play as the vid above:
1715786585032.png
Please stop the nonsense excuses because I don't relish dumping on Fields to prove you wrong. I like the guy and hope he turns it around.

Last edited: