fields lover now a big fan of Caleb

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
It's not cherry picking when it's real and an orchard.

Yes, Mahomes would still be great elsewhere, including here. Maybe not MVP a few times or multiple SB winner but still a top QB. Your contention that he would have been Justin or Mitch if on the Bear is ridiculous. So your contention is that Mahomes wouldn't adjust to presnap reads or understand his hot route if on the Bear? Wouldn't feel pressure and would run into sacks like this. Fields was still taking sacks by running OB behind the line without dumping the ball in year 2. Not sure but may have done that last year as well.

Do you honestly think Mahomes doesn't throw this ball and takes a sack after 5 sec. if he were a Bear? In year 3?

same play as the vid above:
View attachment 38526
Please stop the nonsense excuses because I don't relish dumping on Fields to prove you wrong. I like the guy and hope he turns it around.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
You have not proved anything wrong per say. You proved you have your own view and opinion. You see it how you see it.

Bust

Liked Posts:
You have not proved anything wrong per say. You proved you have your own view and opinion. You see it how you see it.

You not even trying. Hard to counter I know. All good boi.

<Chicago Bears = QB whisperer>

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
I moved on before the draft. Watched a couple breakdown videos of games and figured in the least Williams could survive behind the '23 oline, may as well see if the hype is real.

Now that Poles actually tried to do something for this rookie QB before the 1st season I'm hyped. It's not just Williams but the 3 WR crew.
Have to see them play but on paper this should be a no excuses offense.
At least no positions on offense should be worse as far as the players go but we do still have the same oline coach that was teaching the oline to part like the Red Sea and the A gap was Moses.

Bearcub13

Liked Posts:
Am I the only Fields lover who's now excited that we got Caleb.. Fields dazzled with his runs but believe Caleb is light years ahead in passing,, he makes throws effortlessly. I know I'm not the only one here that didn't want to trade Fields.
What exactly has he done to gain your support?

flabear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Orlando Magic
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tampa Bay Lightning
  1. Alabama Crimson Tide
The way the ball jumps out of his hand, able to throw off platform different angles. It's a passing league now. He seems to have embraced the Bears culture and his teammate's support. For whatever reason Justin choked in the fourth quarter

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
You not even trying. Hard to counter I know. All good boi.

<Chicago Bears = QB whisperer>

I'm not sure what you are trying to say with these or what you think I was trying to counter.

alswank87

Liked Posts:
Maybe fields was so bad because of all of his lovers. Monogamy with a strong and smart woman is one of the keys to success. Judging by this thread, Fields gives it up for any fan. Not a recipe for success. He should commit to one lover.

Bearcub13

Liked Posts:
The way the ball jumps out of his hand, able to throw off platform different angles. It's a passing league now. He seems to have embraced the Bears culture and his teammate's support. For whatever reason Justin choked in the fourth quarter
Wow, pretty low bar, I watched most of both Fields andWilliams college games and they both make the same throws. Not sure what your talking about, but maybe we should wait until there is another team on the field before we make such grandiose proclamations. Just sayin'...

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's not cherry picking when it's real and an orchard.

Yes, Mahomes would still be great elsewhere, including here. Maybe not MVP a few times or multiple SB winner but still a top QB. Your contention that he would have been Justin or Mitch if on the Bear is ridiculous. So your contention is that Mahomes wouldn't adjust to presnap reads or understand his hot route if on the Bear? Wouldn't feel pressure and would run into sacks like this. Fields was still taking sacks by running OB behind the line without dumping the ball in year 2. Not sure but may have done that last year as well.

Do you honestly think Mahomes doesn't throw this ball and takes a sack after 5 sec. if he were a Bear? In year 3?

same play as the vid above:
View attachment 38526
Please stop the nonsense excuses because I don't relish dumping on Fields to prove you wrong. I like the guy and hope he turns it around.
This was the game that had me reconsidering Fields. I have no idea what was going on, but it's easily his worst game.

flabear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Orlando Magic
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tampa Bay Lightning
  1. Alabama Crimson Tide
Are you saying that Justin didn't choke in the 4th quarter?

flabear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Orlando Magic
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tampa Bay Lightning
  1. Alabama Crimson Tide
Wow, pretty low bar, I watched most of both Fields andWilliams college games and they both make the same throws. Not sure what your talking about, but maybe we should wait until there is another team on the field before we make such grandiose proclamations. Just sayin'...
So you don't like the Caleb pick just so you're on the record for saying they are the same QB. It seems that a lot of people are with Caleb, not just me

Rise

Liked Posts:
This whole scenario taught me a lot about people especially when people are online. The amount of hate and vitriol sent my way because I knew Fields was gone and CW was the pick as soon as we clinched that pick was insane. Now all those people have amnesia.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Just let the kid play and develop at his own pace. He's in a good situation but it's not the best ever for a rookie QB and not even for the a Bear draftee. Expectations should be high but Lots of HOF QBs didn't light it up in year 1. I expect competence and development. I'd like (hope for) more but understand NFL QB is conceptually difficult, especially coming from the air raid system.
I understand your point of view, but I also know Bear fans are conditioned to have low expectations for rookie QB draft picks. I also know how tough it can be for a rookie QB to play at a high level in this league, but there are exceptions. I think Williams will prove to be one of those exceptions.

Stat -wise the best rookie QB in NFL history is Justin Herbert 4,336 yards, 31 td's 10 int's 234 rush yards 5 td's. Those great stats with one of the worst OL's in Charger history, four of the five starters replaced the following year. Key starters at the skill positions............
Keenan Allen 100 rec. 992 yds 8td's
Hunter Henry 60 rec 613 yds 4td's
Austin Ekeler 54 rec 403 yds 2 td's
Mike Williams 48 rec 756 yds 5 td's

Caleb Williams...........Better OL, more talent at the skill positions. CW has said he wants to be the best QB in history, no better place to start than chasing this record.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I understand your point of view, but I also know Bear fans are conditioned to have low expectations for rookie QB draft picks. I also know how tough it can be for a rookie QB to play at a high level in this league, but there are exceptions. I think Williams will prove to be one of those exceptions.

Stat -wise the best rookie QB in NFL history is Justin Herbert 4,336 yards, 31 td's 10 int's 234 rush yards 5 td's. Those great stats with one of the worst OL's in Charger history, four of the five starters replaced the following year. Key starters at the skill positions............
Keenan Allen 100 rec. 992 yds 8td's
Hunter Henry 60 rec 613 yds 4td's
Austin Ekeler 54 rec 403 yds 2 td's
Mike Williams 48 rec 756 yds 5 td's

Caleb Williams...........Better OL, more talent at the skill positions. CW has said he wants to be the best QB in history, no better place to start than chasing this record.
I get what you're saying and wouldn't hate it but this team will rely more on defense, field position, and a run game than that Chargers team. I don't want hero ball, just hero moments. Just win and have a high passer rating.

Last edited:

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Can’t speak for flabear, but I’ll admit that Caleb is charismatic, and from all I’ve seen, has eagerly embraced the fan base, like I’ve never seen before out of a Bears QB and the expectations on him.

It’s encouraging.

Canth

Liked Posts:
I was excited when the Bears drafted Fields. I could not believe he fell as far as he did or that the Bears made the move to trade up and get him. I really wanted him to succeed and be that franchise QB for the Bears. He had that amazing stretch of 4-5 games in his 2nd year where the offense was putting up 30 pts and he was just making plays, often with his feet.

However, he got hurt all 3 years he played and for various reasons, he just never really took off as an actual passer at the NFL level. I don't want to rehash all that shit. I think Fields and the Bears failed each other and I would easily go with the Bears failed him more. Either way, you can't change the past and it's time to move on.

Williams definitely brings a new excitement to the organization and new hope that maybe they finally got the right guy. Poles has definitely set up Williams for more success than the QB's that were drafted by Pace. Now, we just have to be a little patient and see how it plays out.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
I get what you're saying and wouldn't hate it but this team will rely more on defense, field position, and a run game than that Chargers team. I don't want hero ball, just hero moments. Just win and have a high passer rating.
Only thing I would disagree with you here is the run game.................I think in 2024 the Bears have finally entered the passing era of the NFL. Pass to get a lead run to protect it. Rookie QB or not, I don't think the Bears added all these quality receivers to be a defensive run first ball control team.

Dstone5553

Liked Posts:
Im sure the high majority of chicago supported fields

Pretty sure chicago expects fireworks early and often.

I think it was around 50/50.

I liked the kid but saw he was not the answer at the QB position and felt it wasn't that hard a call.

Half of Chicago expects this kid to be the second coming and half understands it's not about this year and want to see him get better throughout the year, not expecting the year Stroud had because that just doesn't happen.

The first half were prob the Fields lovers.