fields lover now a big fan of Caleb

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This whole scenario taught me a lot about people especially when people are online. The amount of hate and vitriol sent my way because I knew Fields was gone and CW was the pick as soon as we clinched that pick was insane. Now all those people have amnesia.
Probably a lot of truth to that. I don't have amnesia; I was firmly on the record for wanting to keep Justin Fields, improve the team around him, and draft CW. The Bears obviously didn't do that, but it's not worth giving up on the team for.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Probably a lot of truth to that. I don't have amnesia; I was firmly on the record for wanting to keep Justin Fields, improve the team around him, and draft CW. The Bears obviously didn't do that, but it's not worth giving up on the team for.

Not about giving up on the team, just owning your opinion which you do here. When I wrote that I was really thinking about Twitter blue check people who really flipped and are clearly trying to make a living. Truly pathetic to read.

I remember them because I muted all of them during the “civil war” and now they pop up in pro CW posts acting like they are his #1 fan.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I get what you're saying and wouldn't hate it but this team will rely more on defense, field position, and a run game than that Chargers team. I don't want hero ball, just hero moments. Just win and have a high passer rating.
I’m sure they are going to run the ball, but Fields was the reason why the Bears were a good running team, and not a mediocre one.

The Bears are going to have to throw. Probably an average of 30x/game for this offense to have success, move the ball reliably, and score.

Canth

Liked Posts:
I get what you're saying and wouldn't hate it but this team will rely more on defense, field position, and a run game than that Chargers team. I don't want hero ball, just hero moments. Just win and have a high passer rating.

I meant to reply the other day. I think it will be important to have balance and play smart. Now. Having said that, I will be pissed if Waldron calls for designed runs on 3rd and medium when you have Williams, Moore, Allen, Odunze, and Kmet on the team.

WestsideResider

Bro idk
Liked Posts:
Wow, pretty low bar, I watched most of both Fields andWilliams college games and they both make the same throws. Not sure what you’re talking about, but maybe we should wait until there is another team on the field before we make such grandiose proclamations. Just sayin'...
Sounds like you should invest in some new eyes.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I’m sure they are going to run the ball, but Fields was the reason why the Bears were a good running team, and not a mediocre one.

The Bears are going to have to throw. Probably an average of 30x/game for this offense to have success, move the ball reliably, and score.
It's a pass league for sure but they paid a RB for a reason. Just saying it will be a more modern balance as opposed to what we had.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's a pass league for sure but they paid a RB for a reason. Just saying it will be a more modern balance as opposed to what we had.
A pass catching running back.

I’d just be happy with the Bears not calling runs right into the open, waiting arms of a DLineman, like their filming a Hallmark commercial, on 1st and 2nd down.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

the bears were still getting 150 yards a game running the ball when Fields was injured

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
I think it was around 50/50.

I liked the kid but saw he was not the answer at the QB position and felt it wasn't that hard a call.

Half of Chicago expects this kid to be the second coming and half understands it's not about this year and want to see him get better throughout the year, not expecting the year Stroud had because that just doesn't happen.

The first half were prob the Fields lovers.

I think the Fields lovers are demanding it this year with no excuses so they can set Williams up for failure. Kind of like I suspect all the QB haters are mad about some former Bear QB they believed in flopping so they instantly start complaining about every Bear QB. (No excuses always makes me think they believed in Grossman at the bottom of the 1st.)

I expect the 2nd coming because consensus #1 is how you get that outside of being a hidden talent finder/creator and modern history says that's not the Bears at QB or really any other position.
I don't demand it happens instantly.

This is about as good of a no excuses offense as the Bears have ever had which helps the expectations.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Am I the only Fields lover who's now excited that we got Caleb.. Fields dazzled with his runs but believe Caleb is light years ahead in passing,, he makes throws effortlessly. I know I'm not the only one here that didn't want to trade Fields.
I was and am a big JF fan, he is a class act all the way. So far Caleb seems to have done everything right and most/many
of my concerns going in have not come true to date. I still wish JF well and hope Caleb lives up to all the hype.