FO: Poles is a Freaking Idiot

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
So basically what posters like me have been saying for years, it's the Bears they'll find a way to fuck it up.
Wow what an original take.

Shouldn't the Bears want teams to think they might trade Fields and keep the #1 pick?
I've felt the real value is the teams who want to bid against each other to trade with the Bears.

No, it’s only unanimous among whiny victims.

“Waaah. Oh, God Oh suck! The team I root for is out to ruin my life.”

More mature fans realize that Poles and Pace are two different people and the name of their employer being the same does not mean one will do the same as the other.

The “It’s the Bears. They’ll find a way to fuck it up.” mentality is childish. And it’s victimhood.
You're one of the biggest crybabies on this board.

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
I have absolutely zero confidence in Poles at this point. I hope he turns the team around but my money is not betting on it. After this year he has no more excuses about rebuilding or cutting the fat. After the disastrous last year he orchastrated he's got no wiggle room I'm my mind

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So they don’t even believe in the player they traded a first rounder for lol

No one knew they would land the 1st pick when they made the trade.

And why would Claypool even want to sign an extension at this point? It would be a very team friendly deal based on his production. Its in his best interests to have an amazing season and get paid

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Its amazing what passes for journalism nowadays..

But what could we expect from a former Bleacher Report writer.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Poles did okay last year but his biggest missteps were

1. Not addressing WR in the draft outside of a gadget player
2. Trading for Claypool
3. Not doing more on the OL

Dont think any of them were missteps until such time that we can see the full impact of those moves.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I have absolutely zero confidence in Poles at this point. I hope he turns the team around but my money is not betting on it. After this year he has no more excuses about rebuilding or cutting the fat. After the disastrous last year he orchastrated he's got no wiggle room I'm my mind
I'm worried but am fine with giving him a pass for all his fuck ups last year in a total tear down especially if at the very least the Claypool trade works out for us. This is the offseason where it really starts for Poles IMO. Tearing it down was the easy part that any clown that got a GM job could do. I'm not looking for this team to be built in one offseason but looking for substantial differences in this roster. Can't be any big misses in free agency and needs to hit in the draft.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Dont think any of them were missteps until such time that we can see the full impact of those moves.
How is 1 and 3 not missteps that can somehow be fixed? He can't go back and change either one of them.

2. Trading for Claypool

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
A lot of people are going to have egg on their face once Poles pulls off what I think he is about to pull off.
Man, I hope you’re right Remy. I have a feeling that he and Cunningham are going to handle the off-season quite well. I’m truly optimistic.

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
How is 1 and 3 not missteps that can somehow be fixed? He can't go back and change either one of them.

2. Trading for Claypool

Hindsight is 20/20 but there wasn't many stud WRs when VJJ was taken

Arguing taking WR over the secondary with the first 2 picks is simply preference considering the secondary was complete fucking shit the year prior. Id argue that its one of the things that played well with no pressure from the defensive line this past season

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Hindsight is 20/20 but there wasn't many stud WRs when VJJ was taken

Arguing taking WR over the secondary with the first 2 picks is simply preference considering the secondary was complete fucking shit the year prior. Id argue that its one of the things that played well with no pressure from the defensive line this past season
The argument is that last year should of been about helping Fields grow not hurting his growth and getting him help at WR would of helped more than a DB. Didn't need to be many WR's there, just one good one which could of been Pickens.

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The argument is that last year should of been about helping Fields grow not hurting his growth and getting him help at WR would of helped more than a DB. Didn't need to be many WR's there, just one good one which could of been Pickens.

But he did grow. He had a better season than the year prior so where did he hurt his growth?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
But he did grow. He had a better season than the year prior so where did he hurt his growth?
Maybe you haven't been paying attention to all the offseason talk about him but it's about what he can do in the passing game.

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Maybe you haven't been paying attention to all the offseason talk about him but it's about what he can do in the passing game.

And he had a more efficient season than the year prior. Passing wise. He's not done growing

Screenshot_20230217-091452_Chrome.jpg

Is the 2nd season not improved from the first?

Last edited: