1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Ryan Poce/Pales

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
How is 1 and 3 not missteps that can somehow be fixed? He can't go back and change either one of them.

1. Not addressing WR in the draft outside of a gadget player
2. Trading for Claypool
3. Not doing more on the OL

If Gordon and Brisker are good to great, VJJ steps up and Claypool performs then why would it be a misstep?

I am not sure what more we are talking about regarding the OL. Who are we saying we should have signed. And no I dont think we should have resigned Daniels. He is soft and allowed 40 pressures last year ie almost double than Musty who most hate.

The argument is that last year should of been about helping Fields grow not hurting his growth and getting him help at WR would of helped more than a DB. Didn't need to be many WR's there, just one good one which could of been Pickens.
Fields did grow. His stats just werent great because of the talent level. The only way I would agree with your argument is if they trade Fields as then that would mean they only gave him one year to prove himself with questionable talent.

But if they are prepared to fill out the team and then evaluate Fields based on that then that is perfectly fine. Your impatience does not mean Poles should have acted. It just means you are impatient.

If anything this year proved Fields can keep the Bears competitive even with questionable talent. Further it is almost guaranteed we would not have known how elite a runner Fields is if he had better WR talent. He didnt run as much at OSU because he didnt need to.

Last edited:

Black Rainbow

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The “It’s the Bears. They’ll find a way to fuck it up.” mentality is childish. And it’s victimhood.

Victimhood? Victims are usually involved in their own downfall to a degree. We are merely bystanders making an observation that's been true for what? Thirty-eight years now??

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Screenshot_20230217-091452_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230217-140904_Chrome.jpg

I wonder if the Eagles should have moved on from Hurts? @dabears70

Just because you wanted some insane jump, doesn't mean Justin didn't grow

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
You mean after 2021 when he threw for 3,000+ yds, threw 16 TD's, rushed for 800 yds and another 10 TD's? Hmmmmmm i wonder why. Derp
But he showed a smaller increase in QB rating with an elite OL, better skill position talent and better playcalling ?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
But he showed a smaller increase in QB rating with an elite OL, better skill position talent and better playcalling ?
So all his numbers increased.

You think they should of cut Hurts? Yeah me either

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You mean after 2021 when he threw for 3,000+ yds, threw 16 TD's, rushed for 800 yds and another 10 TD's? Hmmmmmm i wonder why. Derp

Well no fucking shit. Which is why I showed the first 2 seasons and the minimal increase that you called "showing no growth" is the same trajectory that Fields is on

So yeah, Fields 'showed growth' this past season. Which says you have no idea what you're talking about ??‍♂️

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Well no fucking shit. Which is why I showed the first 2 seasons and the minimal increase that you called "showing no growth" is the same trajectory that Fields is on

So yeah, Fields 'showed growth' this past season. Which says you have no idea what you're talking about ??‍♂️
He did show growth. It's just that 95% of that growth was with his legs/athleticism. Now it needs to be seen with his passing game and decision making.

Love how mad some of you get when you don't like what the truth is.

Hopefully some day i'll know what i'm talking about. LOL

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He did show growth. It's just that 95% of that growth was with his legs/athleticism. Now it needs to be seen with his passing game and decision making.

I didnt show his rushing stats. So I dont know why you keep going back to that. Those stats are strictly passing and Hurts and Fields have the same trajectory

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

One QB had a passer rating of 87 on a playoff team while the other had a passer rating of 85 on a team trying to tank. This will go right up there with your “Mark Sanchez was average hot take.”

freddylamar

Liked Posts:
I’m all for pushing the narrative to boost trade value, but if we did trade Fields then I’m done. Been an extremely loyal fan for over 35 years. Witnessed a lot of good and mostly bad over that time. One thing I’ve never witnessed until last season was a young exciting quarterback to root for. If our GM does decide to be the smartest person in the room and trade away Fields I’m simply done with this team. It would be the biggest slap in the face of the fan base.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
One QB had a passer rating of 87 on a playoff team while the other had a passer rating of 85 on a team trying to tank. This will go right up there with your “Mark Sanchez was average hot take.”
Mark-Sanchez-two-balls.gif

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I’m all for pushing the narrative to boost trade value, but if we did trade Fields then I’m done. Been an extremely loyal fan for over 35 years. Witnessed a lot of good and mostly bad over that time. One thing I’ve never witnessed until last season was a young exciting quarterback to root for. If our GM does decide to be the smartest person in the room and trade away Fields I’m simply done with this team. It would be the biggest slap in the face of the fan base.
Bryce Young will pull you back in.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
No that was the narrative last week. And the narrative for the last week of March. Keep up, toast.

Seriously though, people—it’s smoke and mirrors season. There’s going to be a new bullshit narrative every week until 2 weeks after the draft. We may get a break around March 7-15 temporarily as that’s when FA negotiating window and actual FA begins, but expect it to be completely stupid on a weekly basis, because idiot pundits need something to do during slow season.
I know. I know. I read the script.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I have absolutely zero confidence in Poles at this point. I hope he turns the team around but my money is not betting on it. After this year he has no more excuses about rebuilding or cutting the fat. After the disastrous last year he orchastrated he's got no wiggle room I'm my mind
So………before he has a real offseason you have decided this is his last chance?

Let me guess. You will also criticize the Bears for too much turnover.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Poles did okay last year but his biggest missteps were

1. Not addressing WR in the draft outside of a gadget player
2. Trading for Claypool
3. Not doing more on the OL

1a. Getting not 1 but 2 defense with the 2 highest picks and neither of them was DL like he said was important.

People need to learn BPA is 99% fallacy. Someone thinks a player is good, they use BPA as their excuse, that is the only truth. Predictions are not fact.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
The Bears traded away their two best defensive players for draft picks yet somehow wound up with worse draft picks after the deadline than they started the season with. An incredible feat of GM cluelessness that you only see from the other terminally malfunctioning NFL doormats in Cleveland, Chicago, Detroit, Jacksonville, New York etc.

I guess you give him a chance at this off-season, but the potential for it to end in Phil Emery-like catastrophe is very persent right now. The Chase Claypool trade would've ranked among even Ryan Pace's very worst.