Foles Doesn't Eat Sacks

Bort

Liked Posts:
Mitch had a sack % of 7.5% when he got benched. Since replacing Mitch, Foles has a sack % of only 2.6%. That's the biggest reason why the offense has looked better under Foles. He gets rid of the ball quickly enough to avoid sacks even when the blocking is bad.

Relatedly, one of the problems with quarterback rating is that it rewards players for eating sacks and punishes them for throwing the ball away when there's nothing there, so it doesn't matter that Mitch's QB rating a little higher than Foles and people should stop bringing that up.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
I also appreciate that with Mitch on the bench, the focus has been taken off the QB position and the holes on the rest of the offense have been put in the spotlight. No more blaming Mitch for what we see; nowhere to hide and no one left to scapegoat for the OL or Nagy.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I also appreciate that with Mitch on the bench, the focus has been taken off the QB position and the holes on the rest of the offense have been put in the spotlight. No more blaming Mitch for what we see; nowhere to hide and no one left to scapegoat for the OL or Nagy.
It can be all of the above and was.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Mitch had a sack % of 7.5% when he got benched. Since replacing Mitch, Foles has a sack % of only 2.6%. That's the biggest reason why the offense has looked better under Foles. He gets rid of the ball quickly enough to avoid sacks even when the blocking is bad.

Relatedly, one of the problems with quarterback rating is that it rewards players for eating sacks and punishes them for throwing the ball away when there's nothing there, so it doesn't matter that Mitch's QB rating a little higher than Foles and people should stop bringing that up.

He didn’t take a sack. He threw it up to nobody for an INT.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
This guys talking about getting the ball out quickly. When Mitch did it he couldn’t read the defense. When Foles does it, it’s smart. He’s reading the defense?

The nerve of these hypocrites

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
He doesn't eat sacks but he definitely still blows.

pun

Instead of taking a sack he launches the ball high up floater and yells out "500"!!!!
That will bite him in his ass down the road.

But he is still better than Mitchell.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:

the complaint about Trubisky was he was throwing dink and dunk and couldn’t throw downfield. Foles throws dink and dunk and it’s now acceptable.

I am ok with running 2nd overall picks out of town if they really have nothing to offer. But the holes in this offense are glaring now. And soon enough you guys will have nobody left to blame.

Nagy next to the guillotine? Or Pace?

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
the complaint about Trubisky was he was throwing dink and dunk and couldn’t throw downfield. Foles throws dink and dunk and it’s now acceptable.

I am ok with running 2nd overall picks out of town if they really have nothing to offer. But the holes in this offense are glaring now. And soon enough you guys will have nobody left to blame.

Lmao there is a laundry list of complaints on trubisky and while the offense has a number of problems, including Nagy and the O line, the fact you are still in someway white knighting for trubisky is a MAJOR YIKES.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

The complaint on Trubisky was he wasn't seeing open receivers and wasn't seeing the field in general

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Lmao there is a laundry list of complaints on trubisky and while the offense has a number of problems, including Nagy and the O line, the fact you are still in someway white knighting for trubisky is a MAJOR YIKES.

The reality is it sucks to be a QB in Chicago and always has. I’m a bears fan first. Say what you want the guy never had a real chance.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
The complaint on Trubisky was he wasn't seeing open receivers and wasn't seeing the field in general

Easier to just throw it up 50/50 like nick? I mean he misses repeatedly downfield. You guys just don’t get it. You can’t look downfield when the first thing you look at is how bad your LT gets blown off the line.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Easier to just throw it up 50/50 like nick? I mean he misses repeatedly downfield. You guys just don’t get it. You can’t look downfield when the first thing you look at is how bad your LT gets blown off the line.

All QBs will have bad throws but throwing it up if your WR is 1 on 1 isn't generally looked at as a bad throw

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
@Chris Sojka are you related to Trubisky?

No I just think the o line sucks. I also think anyone hating on any bears QB should look at what they have to work with.

some people like that Foles throws it up for grabs, I don’t. Some people like that Trubisky doesn’t throw it up for grabs.

nobody likes how any QB looks behind this o line. They are awful.