Foles Doesn't Eat Sacks

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Easier to just throw it up 50/50 like nick? I mean he misses repeatedly downfield. You guys just don’t get it. You can’t look downfield when the first thing you look at is how bad your LT gets blown off the line.
Even when Mole Eye had time, he completely missed wide open WR's. Don't get me wrong though, Nagy has a major role in our offensive failures as well.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Even when Mole Eye had time, he completely missed wide open WR's. Don't get me wrong though, Nagy has a major role in our offensive failures as well.

Did you not watch Foles miss Mooney by 15 yards? Or overthrow the flat to a guy wide open? Or throw it up in the air for a free interception in the red zone?

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
The complaint on Trubisky was he wasn't seeing open receivers and wasn't seeing the field in general
Now he really isn't seeing the field...

because he isn't playing.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Did you not watch Foles miss Mooney by 15 yards? Or overthrow the flat to a guy wide open? Or throw it up in the air for a free interception in the red zone?

You have no idea what happened on that Mooney route. That could have been to the sideline

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Rich coming from a guy who makes excuses for Mitch with every post

I made excuses for Nagy too. And the WRs and the TEs.

none of that can be better until the O line gets better. Now quit trolling the forums. Get off my dick.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
So that means he has 1 INT so far that wasn't off a recivers hands.

he also gets the ball out in 2.5 seconds. Something everyone complains about Trubisky doing....

Trubisky only checks it down. Stats prove you guys have no idea what you’re talking about.... ever

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
I made excuses for Nagy too. And the WRs and the TEs.

none of that can be better until the O line gets better. Now quit trolling the forums. Get off my dick.
Bears are 5-1 with Trubisky on the bench. Eat shit and enjoy being in shambles

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
he also gets the ball out in 2.5 seconds. Something everyone complains about Trubisky doing....

Trubisky only checks it down. Stats prove you guys have no idea what you’re talking about.... ever

Trubisky does not get the ball out in 2.5 seconds. I think the picture i posted shows that. Hes actually dead last in the time for the ball to come out. Stop it

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Trubisky does not get the ball out in 2.5 seconds. I think the picture i posted shows that. Hes actually dead last in the time for the ball to come out. Stop it

that’s my point. He doesn’t just check it down like nick. We were supposed to get a fearless guy who could throw downfield.

we got the definition of a game manager.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
that’s my point. He doesn’t just check it down like nick. We were supposed to get a fearless guy who could throw downfield.

we got the definition of a game manager.

Offense is timing based. If you're not getting the ball out fast or on time then you're only hurting the offense.

Trubisky was bad and he held the ball because he

1. Wasn't sure where to go with it
2. Was too late and what was open isn't anymore

Thats why he had a much higher sack rate than Foles

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
At first glance I thought this said 'Foles doesn't eat snacks' and I though this was going to be some weird diet thread.

Payton34Sayers40

Liked Posts:
Mitch had a sack % of 7.5% when he got benched. Since replacing Mitch, Foles has a sack % of only 2.6%. That's the biggest reason why the offense has looked better under Foles. He gets rid of the ball quickly enough to avoid sacks even when the blocking is bad.

Relatedly, one of the problems with quarterback rating is that it rewards players for eating sacks and punishes them for throwing the ball away when there's nothing there, so it doesn't matter that Mitch's QB rating a little higher than Foles and people should stop bringing that up.

Good point about QBR. That’s one of the things I have noticed Mahomes is particularly good at as well - throwing the ball away at the right time. Hurts his QBR a bit but it is the right thing to do.

As you correctly pointed out, Foles is good at this as well.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Easier to just throw it up 50/50 like nick? I mean he misses repeatedly downfield. You guys just don’t get it. You can’t look downfield when the first thing you look at is how bad your LT gets blown off the line.

Is foles playing behind a different LT than trubisky? So confused here.

If trubisky never had a real chance, is foles getting a real chance?