Foles Doesn't Eat Sacks

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Marginally better may be all this team needs. Basically with Foles you get average for most of the year and then you just hope and pray he gets hot in the playoffs.

With Mitch you pretty much get below average for most of the year and he only turns it on when facing shitty teams which doesn't help all that much in the playoffs.
Exactly. Said this in another thread, Foles is the streakiest QB in the league. When he's cold he below average (about on par with Mitch), but when he gets hot and makes clutch plays, that's the shit that Mitch can't do. ATL was the perfect example. Foles was just out there making shit up on the go, Mitch can't do that and when you pair that with Nagy's ineptness it's a horrible combination.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Marginally better may be all this team needs. Basically with Foles you get average for most of the year and then you just hope and pray he gets hot in the playoffs.

With Mitch you pretty much get below average for most of the year and he only turns it on when facing shitty teams which doesn't help all that much in the playoffs.

I'm sorry but marginally better won't get it done in the playoffs. Foles was at his best when he didn't have to move in the pocket and had time to let plays develop. He doesn't have time with this offensive line and Nagy isn't calling deep plays often. Foles might get a WC victory but the season will rest on the defense making plays.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I'm sorry but marginally better won't get it done in the playoffs. Foles was at his best when he didn't have to move in the pocket and had time to let plays develop. He doesn't have time with this offensive line and Nagy isn't calling deep plays often. Foles might get a WC victory but the season will rest on the defense making plays.
That's a fair analysis, but honestly, that's how this team is built. Pace spent years building the D and ignored the OL for the most part and continued ignoring the QB position.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
That's a fair analysis, but honestly, that's how this team is built. Pace spent years building the D and ignored the OL for the most part and continued ignoring the QB position.

He hasn't ignored the QB position. He's just failed miserably at addressing it. His best move was moving on from Cutler. After that, its been a disaster.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
I definitely agree that it's not just the QB that is the issue. The OL blows ass. Nagy's playcalling sucks too. I don't even think Nick Foles is that good. I think he gives the Bears that best chance to win though.

I agree. But Nick is a really good QB is my point. Trubisky offers something different but isn’t a bad QB. They are both stuck behind a shitty line. Neither of which can seem to overcome and turn the offense around.

I’ll chalk Foles up as the better QB today for the Bears, but to think Lawrence could be a good QB here is delusional.

people need to do their due diligence. They sound like women when they talk about sports.

Why didn’t he just hit a home run!? How did he get sacked? He stinks. That’s where we are at here.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
I agree. But Nick is a really good QB is my point. Trubisky offers something different but isn’t a bad QB. They are both stuck behind a shitty line. Neither of which can seem to overcome and turn the offense around.

I’ll chalk Foles up as the better QB today for the Bears, but to think Lawrence could be a good QB here is delusional.

people need to do their due diligence. They sound like women when they talk about sports.

Why didn’t he just hit a home run!? How did he get sacked? He stinks. That’s where we are at here.
This moron is still waiting for Grossman to turn it around. Leno tho

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:

Bruh, please, two things can be true at the same time. Our OL sucks, and Mitch sucks.

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

We clearly see the problems with this offense. But you choose to give Trubisky a pass when he was just another problem added on.

Just because the OL is bad doesn't give him a pass. He looked lost and when he did take shots, his accuracy was terrible especially downfield. Is that an OL problem too?

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Offense is timing based. If you're not getting the ball out fast or on time then you're only hurting the offense.

Trubisky was bad and he held the ball because he

1. Wasn't sure where to go with it
2. Was too late and what was open isn't anymore

Thats why he had a much higher sack rate than Foles

No Foles doesn’t
We clearly see the problems with this offense. But you choose to give Trubisky a pass when he was just another problem added on.

Just because the OL is bad doesn't give him a pass. He looked lost and when he did take shots, his accuracy was terrible especially downfield. Is that an OL problem too?

He wasn’t the problem. He’s your problem, but again, you’re not capable of understanding how football works so idk why I should explain this.

the tackles suck in pass pro. Therefore the QB regardless of who that is will suck or underperform.

What happened to Rogers? Nothing his LT went out!

Brady!? His tackles got beat by a 40m dollar a year defensive pass rush.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:

Hmmmmm.....sounds about right, and ghosts of another nightmare who also subscribed to this fucktarded calculus:

1603161896937.png

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
No Foles doesn’t

He wasn’t the problem. He’s your problem, but again, you’re not capable of understanding how football works so idk why I should explain this.

the tackles suck in pass pro. Therefore the QB regardless of who that is will suck or underperform.

Actually. If you're keeping score. He was a big part of the problem. Hence why he was benched in the first place. His second paragraph was spot on, word for word. Your dancing on ice skates.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Actually. If you're keeping score. He was a big part of the problem. Hence why he was benched in the first place. His second paragraph was spot on, word for word. Your dancing on ice skates.

So Nick Foles is a vast improvement? Not even close!

in fact without the defense getting hot he might’ve looked worse.

again though I don’t think he’s a bad QB just on a bad offense.

Last edited:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I remember that some wanted Dalton. Even Mitch > Dalton.

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
No Foles doesn’t

Right. The reason the team benched him is because he was MY problem. It had nothing at all to do with his play and inability to grasp the offense

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
So Nick Foles is a vast improvement? Not even close!

in fact without the defense getting he might’ve looked worse.

again though I don’t think he’s a bad QB just on a bad offense.
Imagine being as stupid as this guy LMAO