Foles Doesn't Eat Sacks

Bort

Liked Posts:
Mitch had a sack % of 7.5% when he got benched. Since replacing Mitch, Foles has a sack % of only 2.6%. That's the biggest reason why the offense has looked better under Foles. He gets rid of the ball quickly enough to avoid sacks even when the blocking is bad.

Relatedly, one of the problems with quarterback rating is that it rewards players for eating sacks and punishes them for throwing the ball away when there's nothing there, so it doesn't matter that Mitch's QB rating a little higher than Foles and people should stop bringing that up.

Bumping this old thread to point out that over the past 3 games, Foles has been eating sacks at a rate of 8.3%, even higher than Mitch's 7.5% that I was complaining about. Foles is now worse than Mitch in the one area where he was initially a significant improvement over Mitch.

Bears literally cannot win with Foles eating sacks at a 8.3% rate. I don't know if going back to Mitch is the solution, but at least Mitch has a chance to overcome garbage pass protection by making plays with his legs.

mecha

Liked Posts:
Foles Doesn't Eat Snacks

• Haha
Reactions: DC

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
Bumping this old thread to point out that over the past 3 games, Foles has been eating sacks at a rate of 8.3%, even higher than Mitch's 7.5% that I was complaining about. Foles is now worse than Mitch in the one area where he was initially a significant improvement over Mitch.

Bears literally cannot win with Foles eating sacks at a 8.3% rate. I don't know if going back to Mitch is the solution, but at least Mitch has a chance to overcome garbage pass protection by making plays with his legs.

So you mean since Oline has fell apart and is down t 3rd string players due to injuries that Foles has taken more sacks ?

Wow who wouldve thought that would happen :obama: