CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
We aren't built to run the ball either. Blow up seems like the best option and that's sooner rather than later

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
We didnt build an offense thats gonna score 3-4 tds per game again you are in denial

As I said you are claiming they are elite all the while making excuses as if they suck

You sound ridiculous as I said the defense had every advantage and still gave up 26 points

Kamara was the only weapon they had and he averaged 5+ypc and 10+ ypr
Let the backup qb average 7 ypc

I expect the defense when it gets a lead and has a chance to help put these teams away and turn 2 score leads into a blow outs to do so .

If an elite defense can hold and get off the field after the offense has given them a 2 score lead and its 2nd and 18 .

They are no longer an elite defense but a good defense the problem is we spent a huge chunk of cap space to keep it that way (Quinn) instead of doing more to help the offense and now you want to blame an offense because it cant carry a defense thats basically deteriorating before our eyes

I expect the defense when it gets a lead and has a chance to help put these teams away and turn 2 score leads into a blow outs to do so .

LOL....my friend, please think about what u just said.

.......... instead of doing more to help the offense and now you want to blame an offense because it cant carry a defense thats basically deteriorating before our eyes

Tell me you're joking with that statement above.
----------------------------

Do u honestly expect the D to hold a team to 3pts. over 4 qrts. ?? And or 13-3 over 4 qrts

We have to score somewhere in the area of 3-4 tds / game. Or any combination thereof. And our offense has to sustain drives and not throw picks in critical situations ( like in the 3rd qrt, which lead to a N.O. score).

We had a chance to win in regulation and OT. Our offense failed us. They failed us last week as well ( only scoring 10pts. Oh wait the D put up the Td) ? o_O

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
LOL....my friend, please think about what u just said.

Tell me you're joking with that statement above.
----------------------------

Do u honestly expect the D to hold a team to 3pts. over 4 qrts. ?? And or 13-3 over 4 qrts

We have to score somewhere in the area of 3-4 tds / game. Or any combination thereof. And our offense has to sustain drives and not throw picks in critical situations ( like in the 3rd qrt, which lead to a N.O. score).

We had a chance to win in regulation and OT. Our offense failed us. They failed us last week as well ( only scoring 10pts. Oh wait the D put up the Td) ? o_O

I expect a elite 70 million dollar defense to hold a dome team on the road in the elements without its top 2 wideouts to les than 20 points and win the game . I expect a 70 million dollar defense that gets a 2 score lead and all it needs to do is get off the field to not give up on a blown cover where they run the exact same play just on the other side. I wouldve accepted a fg but a td in that situation is unacceptable and a fg is what the defense would've held them to when it was elite

The offense scored 23 points that should be good enough to win at home against a wounded team with an elite defense . It 13-3 before the half with the defense surrendering back 10 straight points on the next 2 Saints drives after we took the lead before Wims meltdown and Foles pick .

You keep suggesting what the offense should be doing without be willing to accept what's its capable of actually doing . We lost Cohen our #1 or #2 big play guy and somehow we are supposed to just march up the field scoring 3-4 tds per game ? LOL Again straight denial about the capabilities of the offensive weapons we have .

The offense is not that good but the only real success this TEAM has had is when the defense has forced turnovers because thats the way the team is built and thats why we paid Quinn . The offense gets a lead and puts the opponents in obvious passing situations and the defense dials up the pressure and forces turnovers the notion that we somehow built an offense that should be expected to trade tds in shootout every week is crazy

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Mitch lovers hate when you have to look at context. Wins are not a QB stat
Only when its your quarterback that sucks aye?
Foles nut huggers are even worse

abegibronlives

Liked Posts:
Foles is not playing those guys in a game of one on one they are playing our 70 million dollar tricked out defense . Its ridiculous comparison to make because as I said they all got certain perks Foles doesn't have here.

Despite the talent gap they still gave those qbs great supporting casts to attack our defense with meanwhile what have we given our qbs . None of those teams would trade their supporting casts for ours NONE OF THEM

None of them would trade their quarterback for both (or all three) of ours.

So?

abegibronlives

Liked Posts:
Yep guy has been benched for two scrubs in Bray and Foles, not to mention fans calling for him to be benched for Chase Daniel as well. That’s not a great endorsement. Also switching between 2 QBs back and forth during the season is a recipe for a locker room disaster

Exactly correct.

We're now at the midway point of the regular season, and the Bears have a quarterback controversy among their fanbase - What does that tell us?

Anyone think they're having those discussions in Seattle, Tampa bay, New Orleans, or Green Bay?

Until the Bears find a franchise QB, everything is going to be harder for them. Period.

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
None of them would trade their quarterback for both (or all three) of ours.

So?

It doesn't matter because even though those guys are better qbs those teams also surrounded them with élite talent and yet somehow Foles is to blame for not being able to compete with those guys with 1/11th of the talent that those guys are surrounded by .

You cant see the absolute ridiculousness of your claims because we are within a game of those teams with investing in jack on the offensive side of the ball

abegibronlives

Liked Posts:
It doesn't matter because even though those guys are better qbs those teams also surrounded them with élite talent and yet somehow Foles is to blame for not being able to compete with those guys with 1/11th of the talent that those guys are surrounded by .

You cant see the absolute ridiculousness of your claims because we are within a game of those teams with investing in jack on the offensive side of the ball

A good quarterback will elevate the talent around him- A mediocre quarterback will not.

Chicago has one of the very best defenses in the game, and ultimately it will be wasted because of the deficiency at the QB position. A team with a lesser defense will likely represent the NFC is the Super Bowl.

If you think the Bears are just fine at the QB position, well, that's your opinion and you are entitled to it. I believe the Bears are not just fine at the QB position, and have no intention of backing away from that position just because somebody else doesn't like it.

Week nine of the season and we still have a debate among the fanbase about who should be the quarterback - That's not happening on the teams that have a quality QB.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I expect a elite 70 million dollar defense to hold a dome team on the road in the elements without its top 2 wideouts to les than 20 points and win the game . I expect a 70 million dollar defense that gets a 2 score lead and all it needs to do is get off the field to not give up on a blown cover where they run the exact same play just on the other side. I wouldve accepted a fg but a td in that situation is unacceptable and a fg is what the defense would've held them to when it was elite

The offense scored 23 points that should be good enough to win at home against a wounded team with an elite defense . It 13-3 before the half with the defense surrendering back 10 straight points on the next 2 Saints drives after we took the lead before Wims meltdown and Foles pick .

You keep suggesting what the offense should be doing without be willing to accept what's its capable of actually doing . We lost Cohen our #1 or #2 big play guy and somehow we are supposed to just march up the field scoring 3-4 tds per game ? LOL Again straight denial about the capabilities of the offensive weapons we have .

The offense is not that good but the only real success this TEAM has had is when the defense has forced turnovers because thats the way the team is built and thats why we paid Quinn . The offense gets a lead and puts the opponents in obvious passing situations and the defense dials up the pressure and forces turnovers the notion that we somehow built an offense that should be expected to trade tds in shootout every week is crazy

1604419030558.png

YOU are calling the D "elite". I'm saying they're just top 10 ( 8-32). If the offense had matched N.O. in the 3rd qrt. with 2 FG's, we win. Please answer....... How many points do u think the D should allow per game?

You might wanna analyze both the box score and look up the what the offense did with their possessions. N.O. had the edge with T.O.P.

Even in O.T. the D stopped NO and gave the back to the offense. The offense couldn't even get a FG. Do u think our D is super-human ? You mention the D getting turnovers....heck, when they do, the offense either goes 3 & out or has a turnover. Plus ya can't keep putting the D out on the field. Even when tired the D only allowed 2 Tds.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
What really bothers me is that Foles wears #9, and that was Jim McMahons number...Its just not fair!

Right.....with the way Foles plays, hell Ditka wouda' kicked his azz during the game and sent him to the locker room.
Ditka wasn't a great HC with "X's & "O's", but he didn't tolerate poor execution and losing. We've gotten away from that
"hatred of losing" mentality. :mad:

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
A good quarterback will elevate the talent around him- A mediocre quarterback will not.

Chicago has one of the very best defenses in the game, and ultimately it will be wasted because of the deficiency at the QB position. A team with a lesser defense will likely represent the NFC is the Super Bowl.

If you think the Bears are just fine at the QB position, well, that's your opinion and you are entitled to it. I believe the Bears are not just fine at the QB position, and have no intention of backing away from that position just because somebody else doesn't like it.

Week nine of the season and we still have a debate among the fanbase about who should be the quarterback - That's not happening on the teams that have a quality QB.

Chicago HAD one of the best defenses and the only

Where did I say the Bears were fine at qb ? I have quotes all throughout this thread but I didnt say that

YOU are the one who in this very thread said

Before the game I posted somewhere that the Bears needed to score 21 or better to have a shot in this game. Well, they did that, and they had a shot. I think that's about the most we can ask for from this team as presently constituted.

and you followed that by saying

If you look at the best teams in the NFC, you'll note something they have in common:

Russell Wilson
Drew Brees
Tom Brady
Aaron Rodgers
Kyler Murray
etc.

The Bears have Nick Foles.

He does not belong in that group.

So here we are.

But in reality the real difference is they are all surrounded by upper echelon talent . They dont have any Lenos because they understand the qb on offense does not win any games by themselves .

The fact is the Bears took the guards and tes these teams dont want and we make them starters on our team and then try and complain we cant get top flight results from half assed investment .

I dont think Foles is perfect but the fact really is

Brady 6 SBs
Brees 1 SB
Wilson 1 SB
Rodgers 1 SB
Foles 1 SB and he beat Brady to do it
Murray aint done $hit

So really what are we talking about here blaming Foles in his starts for all the woes of a Bears organization that has made the playoff 5 times in the past 20 years

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The loss is on everyone that could have done more to win and that includes Foles.

abegibronlives

Liked Posts:
Chicago HAD one of the best defenses and the only

Where did I say the Bears were fine at qb ? I have quotes all throughout this thread but I didnt say that

YOU are the one who in this very thread said

and you followed that by saying

But in reality the real difference is they are all surrounded by upper echelon talent . They dont have any Lenos because they understand the qb on offense does not win any games by themselves .

The fact is the Bears took the guards and tes these teams dont want and we make them starters on our team and then try and complain we cant get top flight results from half assed investment .

I dont think Foles is perfect but the fact really is

Brady 6 SBs
Brees 1 SB
Wilson 1 SB
Rodgers 1 SB
Foles 1 SB and he beat Brady to do it
Murray aint done $hit

So really what are we talking about here blaming Foles in his starts for all the woes of a Bears organization that has made the playoff 5 times in the past 20 years

That's your opinion.

Mine is different. I believe an upgrade at quarterback should be this team's priority. Fixing that will make up for a myriad of deficiencies elsewhere, and elevate mediocre offensive talent.

BTW, Foles took Carson Wentz's team to the Super Bowl. He has never started a season and completed it with a playoff win. He won't again this year.

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That's your opinion.

Mine is different. I believe an upgrade at quarterback should be this team's priority. Fixing that will make up for a myriad of deficiencies elsewhere, and elevate mediocre offensive talent.

BTW, Foles took Carson Wentz's team to the Super Bowl. He has never started a season and completed it with a playoff win. He won't again this year.

And what has Caron Wentz done? Because he couldn't get that same team anywhere

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
That's your opinion.

If foles were any good he's still be in Jacksonville ?

abegibronlives

Liked Posts:
And what has Caron Wentz done? Because he couldn't get that same team anywhere

Wentz isn't great. He's just better than Foles.

Which is why he started ahead of Foles, and why they kept Wentz and let Foles leave.

Later, Foles wasn't as good as Gardner Minshew.

I sense a pattern....