Foles sucks but this loss was not on him

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
It’s not that Mitch is better or Foles is better. They are equally mediocre just different skill sets. Just ride the hot hand until it’s cold and switch. Go back to Mitch. If he’s good that’s awesome, if not go back to Foles. It’s about finding that spark and taking off.

Knowing that they can be replaced at any moment may improve QB play.
Lol no. Mitch had 3 plus years to show us how terrible he is. Foles deserves the rest of the season barring injury.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lions and Giants probably have better pass defenses than the Saints if I had to guess. Saints D is trash..but that's only 1 game for Foles. Fear not, some more terrible defenses are on the schedule. Vikings and Packers are coming.
No one cares about numbers against the Lions and Giants

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
Wut.

Thats just 100% not true. Foles has played 5.5 games and has 8 TDs. Mitch had 6 in 2.5 games.

Our run game also is last place in the league under foles. The YPC dropped significantly.

I'm really confused where you are seeing that he has improved our numbers.

You can say foles is a better qb in a perfect situation, but thus far, he's been worse than mitch this year, or at the very least just as god awful.

Its 100% not true ? really ?? Ill repeat

Our offense has scored 20 points or more 6 times since the eagles loss with Mitch starting

Our offense has scored 20 or more points in 3 of the the 5 Foles starts

Our offense is better but the issue is its still not enough because the defense is no what it once was

The run game is not a Foles issue but a Oline issue and strength of opponent issue

Mitch's ability to feast on bottom dwellers is just as legendary his ability to fizzle against good teams.

You are trying to compare individual stats but we didnt bring Foles here to pump up his numbers but to help improve overall effectiveness of the offense which has improved but not enough .

msadows

Liked Posts:
No one cares about numbers against the Lions and Giants

The saints and panthers pass D is worse than the lions, but okay.

Our offense still looked like shit against both of them. Foles looked like an idiot throwing up floaters

There has been zero improvement in production. Our offense has actually been worse under foles. That was my point. But okay.

The fact we couldn't run on the panthers, which have one of the worst run d's in the league, is concerning.

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
Way back in post #60, I said this:

If you look at the best teams in the NFC, you'll note something they have in common:

Russell Wilson
Drew Brees
Tom Brady
Aaron Rodgers
Kyler Murray
etc.

The Bears have Nick Foles.

He does not belong in that group.

So here we are.

In subsequent posts I stated that the talent gap between Foles and these QBs was immense, and as a result it makes it very difficult to compete with those teams. QB being by far the most important position on the team, that puts the Bears at an incredible disadvantage,

I stand by that.

If your point is that Foles is better than Trubisky, I agree with that.

So what? That just highlights what a bust Trubisky is.

Foles would be a back-up on any team with a good quarterback. The Bears don't have one, so he gets to start.

And the Bears, with one of the very best defenses in the NFL, get to be 5-3 and likely not going anywhere significant. Teams with lesser defenses but a superior QB will likely fare better.

That is all.

Foles is not playing those guys in a game of one on one they are playing our 70 million dollar tricked out defense . Its ridiculous comparison to make because as I said they all got certain perks Foles doesn't have here.

Despite the talent gap they still gave those qbs great supporting casts to attack our defense with meanwhile what have we given our qbs . None of those teams would trade their supporting casts for ours NONE OF THEM

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
Mitch played his way out of the starting lineup.

He's done in Chicago.
Yep guy has been benched for two scrubs in Bray and Foles, not to mention fans calling for him to be benched for Chase Daniel as well. That’s not a great endorsement. Also switching between 2 QBs back and forth during the season is a recipe for a locker room disaster

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
We were one dropped pass away from losing to the Lions, and had to hang on for a 17-13 hopelessly awful Giants team.

And that was Mitch's finest hour.

Good grief.

Exactly. He played one good game and played badly against the Giants and Falcons before being pulled. But let the Mitch fanboys tell it, he's so good and should be playing right now

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The saints and panthers pass D is worse than the lions, but okay.

Our offense still looked like shit against both of them. Foles looked like an idiot throwing up floaters

There has been zero improvement in production. Our offense has actually been worse under foles. That was my point. But okay.

The fact we couldn't run on the panthers, which have one of the worst run d's in the league, is concerning.

So why has a Mitch led offense put up more than 20 points, only 6 times since the playoff loss? And Foles already has 3 games above 20?

What production did the Bears magically lose from Mitch to Foles?

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
One has proven to be an epic failure since 2017. I’ll give the new guy a few more games before I go back to the biggest bust in Bears history.

Its because they can't let Mitch go.

"See. Foles isn't elite after 4 games. Put Mitch back in"

Like junkies
:oj:

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
Not even close.

He gets them to overtime by getting a TD and then driving down for a FG by converting 2 different 4th downs as well as a 15 yard completion to setup the FG where they had to get out of bounds.

In OT, he has a great 3rd down throw to Robinson for the 1st down and then what happens? 2 straight drops... one by Miller and one by Graham. And then on 3rd down he does everything he can to avoid the rush and find a receiver and no one got open. Yeah it sucks that he is not fast enough to scramble for a 1st down there but that is not his game.

He had the 1 really bad pick where he tried to force it but that never happens if Wims doesn't go psycho the play before.

Nagy lost this game by how he managed the end of the 1st half and then how the team came out in the 3rd quarter. In fact, the Bears have by far the worst 3rd quarter offense in the NFL. He adjustments have been an embarrassment.
I dont blame anything on Foles. Yeah call me whatever you want but between the Oline and the absolutely abysmal playcalling he can only dude so much. Got to remember hes a damn good qb but hes not some elite guy who can win games with his arm.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Foles is averaging 17.4 points a game and is 2-3 in his 5 starts.

nothing else to say

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I dont blame anything on Foles. Yeah call me whatever you want but between the Oline and the absolutely abysmal playcalling he can only dude so much. Got to remember hes a damn good qb but hes not some elite guy who can win games with his arm.
2-7 his last 9 games

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
So why has a Mitch led offense put up more than 20 points, only 6 times since the playoff loss? And Foles already has 3 games above 20?

What production did the Bears magically lose from Mitch to Foles?
2-3 in the only stat that matters

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Foles is averaging 17.4 points a game and is 2-3 in his 5 starts.

nothing else to say

Can you explain why going back to a QB, who only went above 20 points 6 times since 2018 is the better option?

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
Can you explain why going back to a QB, who only went above 20 points 6 times since 2018 is the better option?
Hes not. This offense stinks no matter whos behind that terrible line throwing to average recievers. This offense needs a complete overhaul starting with the head coach. The bears need to go back to who they are and stop trying to be something they arent. Great defense, offense built around the run game. We are not built to be a high flying big scoring offense.