Foles sucks but this loss was not on him

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
The Bears current QB was benched in favor of Gardner Minshew in Jacksonville.....Let that sink in for a second.

The talent deficit at the game's most important position between the Bears and the top teams is immense. For them to overcome that chasm they need to be virtually perfect in every phase of the game week after week after week. That's a tough standard to maintain.

Thats shits irrelevant bro that same jaguars team kicked Arob to the curb traded Ramsey and and I could go down a list of other shit .If you are gonna stake your claim on the jaguars somehow making good decisions when it comes to talent then you have lost before you ever hit one key stroke .

abegibronlives

Liked Posts:
Thats shits irrelevant bro that same jaguars team kicked Arob to the curb traded Ramsey and and I could go down a list of other shit .If you are gonna stake your claim on the jaguars somehow making good decisions when it comes to talent then you have lost before you ever hit one key stroke .

Both Arob and Ramsey were productive in Jax, and neither got benched while playing there, so it's not exactly the same thing.

If you would like to argue that Foles is an elite QB, be my guest. I would ask, however, when was the last time you saw Russell Wilson or Drew Brees have to be told the play clock is about to run out by his left tackle.

And then let it run out anyway.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Both Arob and Ramsey were productive in Jax, and neither got benched while playing there, so it's not exactly the same thing.

If you would like to argue that Foles is an elite QB, be my guest. I would ask, however, when was the last time you saw Russell Wilson or Drew Brees have to be told the play clock is about to run out by his left tackle.

You guys keep moving the goalposts. No one said Elite. Better than Mitch doesn't mean elite and it doesn't take much to be better than Mitch

abegibronlives

Liked Posts:
You guys keep moving the goalposts. No one said Elite. Better than Mitch doesn't mean elite and it doesn't take much to be better than Mitch

Oh I agree he's better than Mitch.

My point here has been, however, is and has been that is immensely less-talented than may of the QB's he has to compete against, and that talent-gap makes it much harder for the Bears to compete. If you look back at my posts, that has been my claim.

No goalposts were moved - You are in error.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Oh I agree he's better than Mitch.

My point here has been, however, is and has been that is immensely less-talented than may of the QB's he has to compete against, and that talent-gap makes it much harder for the Bears to compete. If you look back at my posts, that has been my claim.

No goalposts were moved - You are in error.

You brought up the word elite. Thats why I said that

abegibronlives

Liked Posts:
You brought up the word elite. Thats why I said that

Yes. He competes against elite QBs.

And that's a big disadvantage for the Bears, since they do not possess an elite QB. They have a guy who was benched for Gardner Minshew.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
Yes. He competes against elite QBs.

And that's a big disadvantage for the Bears, since they do not possess an elite QB. They have a guy who was benched for Gardner Minshew.
And a guy that was benched for the guy who was benched for Gardner Minshew

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:

WHO said Foles was elite ???

Ive clearly pointed out that while Foles has not been all that great he is better than Mitch and he has improved our offensive numbers . But nobody wants to admit the defense is not what it once was so the reasons we added Foles and believed we could make a run with him are no longer valid but that does not mean you go backwards with Mitch.

I said 4 weeks ago I expected this offense to finish the season averaging 24-25 ppg with Foles but with the defensive decline that may now not be enough to win some of these games and we simply dont have the game breakers other teams have to average 30 ppg .

circusboy666

Liked Posts:
It’s not that Mitch is better or Foles is better. They are equally mediocre just different skill sets. Just ride the hot hand until it’s cold and switch. Go back to Mitch. If he’s good that’s awesome, if not go back to Foles. It’s about finding that spark and taking off.

Knowing that they can be replaced at any moment may improve QB play.

msadows

Liked Posts:

Ive clearly pointed out that while Foles has not been all that great he is better than Mitch and he has improved our offensive numbers . But nobody wants to admit the defense is not what it once was so the reasons we added Foles and believed we could make a run with him are no longer valid but that does not mean you go backwards with Mitch.

I said 4 weeks ago I expected this offense to finish the season averaging 24-25 ppg with Foles but with the defensive decline that may now not be enough to win some of these games and we simply dont have the game breakers other teams have to average 30 ppg .

Wut.

Thats just 100% not true. Foles has played 5.5 games and has 8 TDs. Mitch had 6 in 2.5 games.

Our run game also is last place in the league under foles. The YPC dropped significantly.

I'm really confused where you are seeing that he has improved our numbers.

You can say foles is a better qb in a perfect situation, but thus far, he's been worse than mitch this year, or at the very least just as god awful.

msadows

Liked Posts:
It’s not that Mitch is better or Foles is better. They are equally mediocre just different skill sets. Just ride the hot hand until it’s cold and switch. Go back to Mitch. If he’s good that’s awesome, if not go back to Foles. It’s about finding that spark and taking off.

They are both bottom tier qb's.

I told everyone this before the season started, that unless we got a run game and a decent oline this offense would suck balls and it wouldn't matter who starts.

I severely doubt nagy goes back to mitch because that would admit that his scheme is the major issue. The only time this offense looks somewhat decent is week 1/2 when nagy ran a scheme completely different than anything else he's done the last 3 years.

abegibronlives

Liked Posts:

Way back in post #60, I said this:

If you look at the best teams in the NFC, you'll note something they have in common:

Russell Wilson
Drew Brees
Tom Brady
Aaron Rodgers
Kyler Murray
etc.

The Bears have Nick Foles.

He does not belong in that group.

So here we are.

In subsequent posts I stated that the talent gap between Foles and these QBs was immense, and as a result it makes it very difficult to compete with those teams. QB being by far the most important position on the team, that puts the Bears at an incredible disadvantage,

I stand by that.

If your point is that Foles is better than Trubisky, I agree with that.

So what? That just highlights what a bust Trubisky is.

Foles would be a back-up on any team with a good quarterback. The Bears don't have one, so he gets to start.

And the Bears, with one of the very best defenses in the NFL, get to be 5-3 and likely not going anywhere significant. Teams with lesser defenses but a superior QB will likely fare better.

That is all.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Way back in post #60, I said this:

If you look at the best teams in the NFC, you'll note something they have in common:

Russell Wilson
Drew Brees
Tom Brady
Aaron Rodgers
Kyler Murray
etc.

The Bears have Nick Foles.

He does not belong in that group.

So here we are.

In subsequent posts I stated that the talent gap between Foles and these QBs was immense, and as a result it makes it very difficult to compete with those teams. QB being by far the most important position on the team, that puts the Bears at an incredible disadvantage,

I stand by that.

If your point is that Foles is better than Trubisky, I agree with that.

So what? That just highlights what a bust Trubisky is.

Foles would be a back-up on any team with a good quarterback. The Bears don't have one, so he gets to start.

And the Bears, with one of the very best defenses in the NFL, get to be 5-3 and likely not going anywhere significant.

That is all.

Foles is better than trubisky, but he's worse when you factor in our terrible oline.

All those qb's you listed, they all have a good oline. The only one that really doesn't Seattle and they have one of the best mobile qb's in the game, so that helps.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Wut.

Thats just 100% not true. Foles has played 5.5 games and has 8 TDs. Mitch had 6 in 2.5 games.

Our run game also is last place in the league under foles. The YPC dropped significantly.

I'm really confused where you are seeing that he has improved our numbers.

You can say foles is a better qb in a perfect situation, but thus far, he's been worse than mitch this year, or at the very least just as god awful.

No one cares about numbers against the Lions and Giants