Foles sucks but this loss was not on him

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
Foles has done nothing to establish himself as the best QB on the Bears roster. The biggest positive that Foles provided, is he exposed Nagy. Other than that, same shit, different smell. He's missed a ton of easy completions, short, intermediate, and deep. A supposed strength, and something people pointed to that he would "hit all the routine throws" has not come to fruition. He's a complete statue in the pocket, and he can't extend a play to save his life. Now, does he understand defenses better than Mitch? Yeah...I think he could diagnose the game better than Tribusky. But that certainly doesn't make him the most effective QB on the roster. The problem is, they both fucking suck in pretty much perfect harmony. They're so evenly ranked, with all their differences, but at the end of the day, the results on the field are just about equal, but only a matter of preference.

Foles has clearly established himself although that doesnt mean hes playing great compared to the rest of the league just doing more to help his team than Mitch and only Mitch fanboys think the alternative is somehow better of running LOL .

Since we lost our playoff 16-15 in 2018 The bears OFFENSE with Mitch has scored 20 points or more 6 times

Foles has led the Bears to 20 points in 3 of his 6 starts and based on what many claimed our defense was that is closer to the complimentary football people were expecting the problem is that this current defense is a shell of the 2018 one and because of that our offense doesn't have enough weapons to carry the defense because thats not how the team was built

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Unfortunately, you're deflecting from the 3 questions. the main one is ...No Bear offensive production in the 3rd qtr. Is that on our D?

Im saying it shouldn't matter if we didn't score in the 3rd because unless the offense is throwing pick sixes then the saints shouldn't score either without a receiving corps on the road in the elements.

Our defense had every single advantage and blew it

Sigh....our D held the Saints to a couple Td's...the rest was field goals. Yes we do need to score every qrt. the Saints did.

Yes we do need to put up 3-4 Tds/game. Yes is did matter that we didn't score in the 3qrt. It's beyond me how you or anyone else can find fault with our D.

Do expect the D to score points in addition to holding teams under 3tds a game?

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Foles has clearly established himself although that doesnt mean hes playing great compared to the rest of the league just doing more to help his team than Mitch and only Mitch fanboys think the alternative is somehow better of running LOL .

Since we lost our playoff 16-15 in 2018 The bears OFFENSE with Mitch has scored 20 points or more 6 times

Foles has led the Bears to 20 points in 3 of his 6 starts and based on what many claimed our defense was that is closer to the complimentary football people were expecting the problem is that this current defense is a shell of the 2018 one and because of that our offense doesn't have enough weapons to carry the defense because thats not how the team was built

Our D.....
Points Against: 166 (20.8/g) 8th of 32

So what does this tell u our offense needs to do every game???

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Classic reading comprehension problem here. never said Foles made special throws just those that Trubisky normally cannot. Trubisky's deep accuracy would be rated as poor while Foles is average. average > poor.

It’s not average. It’s just abundant. He just throws it up for grabs.

cdubz11

Liked Posts:
Foles deserves part of blame. he's not good. but no it's not only his fault. line sucks and skill positions are meh. especially w Cohen out. no speed. QB can't move. recipe for disaster.

running game falls apart with Foles also. no threat of Foles running, so just key on Montgomery. stack the box.

at this point i'd put Mitch back in, just to give defense something else to worry about. it's just so easy w Foles. we aren't scoring more than 20ish with him. at least give us more upside w Trubisky, and WHO KNOWS but sometimes a view from sidelines helps a young player. sit back, watch what Foles is doing right/wrong, makes it easier sometimes coming back in and slowing game down.

problem is Pace/Nagy have admit defeat on Foles. but kind of have excuse of well we started Mitch because we still believed in him. Foles was always just a solid insurance plan. at this point we feel like offense can be more dynamic with Mitch.
like it's gonna upset Bears fans at this point lol.

just do what needs to be done that gives us best chance. to actually do anything of substance, make a playoff run, make the super bowl, we gotta have higher upside on offense. could look at Tenn for inspiration, Tannehill and Trubisky were grouped together a lot for same type of guy. run the ball with RB and QB. play action roll outs. screen passes to RB. get bigger WRs that can make 50/50 plays.

start Mitch. this isn't hard decision when look at tape. it makes by far most sense for this roster.

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
Sigh....our D held the Saints to a couple Td's...the rest was field goals. Yes we do need to score every qrt. the Saints did.

Yes we do need to put up 3-4 Tds/game. Yes is did matter that we didn't score in the 3qrt. It's beyond me how you or anyone else can find fault with our D.

Do expect the D to score points in addition to holding teams under 3tds a game?

We didnt build an offense thats gonna score 3-4 tds per game again you are in denial

As I said you are claiming they are elite all the while making excuses as if they suck

You sound ridiculous as I said the defense had every advantage and still gave up 26 points

Kamara was the only weapon they had and he averaged 5+ypc and 10+ ypr
Let the backup qb average 7 ypc

I expect the defense when it gets a lead and has a chance to help put these teams away and turn 2 score leads into a blow outs to do so .

If an elite defense can hold and get off the field after the offense has given them a 2 score lead and its 2nd and 18 .

They are no longer an elite defense but a good defense the problem is we spent a huge chunk of cap space to keep it that way (Quinn) instead of doing more to help the offense and now you want to blame an offense because it cant carry a defense thats basically deteriorating before our eyes

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Our D.....

It just needs to give them rest and put up 20 points.

Foles can put up 20 but he can’t buy time for his defense. Not that any of you get that anyway. Fatigue isn’t real around here.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Foles deserves part of blame. he's not good. but no it's not only his fault. line sucks and skill positions are meh. especially w Cohen out. no speed. QB can't move. recipe for disaster.

running game falls apart with Foles also. no threat of Foles running, so just key on Montgomery. stack the box.

at this point i'd put Mitch back in, just to give defense something else to worry about. it's just so easy w Foles. we aren't scoring more than 20ish with him. at least give us more upside w Trubisky, and WHO KNOWS but sometimes a view from sidelines helps a young player. sit back, watch what Foles is doing right/wrong, makes it easier sometimes coming back in and slowing game down.

problem is Pace/Nagy have admit defeat on Foles. but kind of have excuse of well we started Mitch because we still believed in him. Foles was always just a solid insurance plan. at this point we feel like offense can be more dynamic with Mitch.
like it's gonna upset Bears fans at this point lol.

just do what needs to be done that gives us best chance. to actually do anything of substance, make a playoff run, make the super bowl, we gotta have higher upside on offense. could look at Tenn for inspiration, Tannehill and Trubisky were grouped together a lot for same type of guy. run the ball with RB and QB. play action roll outs. screen passes to RB. get bigger WRs that can make 50/50 plays.

start Mitch. this isn't hard decision when look at tape. it makes by far most sense for this roster.

They've already pointed out the stat in this thread. Mitch hardly ever got this team past 21 points. Stop it already

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Foles has led the Bears to 20 points in 3 of his 6 starts

Thats all that needs to be said

This offense was downright anemic with Mitch for long stretches

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
We didnt build an offense thats gonna score 3-4 tds per game again you are in denial

As I said you are claiming they are elite all the while making excuses as if they suck

You sound ridiculous as I said the defense had every advantage and still gave up 26 points

Kamara was the only weapon they had and he averaged 5+ypc and 10+ ypr
Let the backup qb average 7 ypc

I expect the defense when it gets a lead and has a chance to help put these teams away and turn 2 score leads into a blow outs to do so .

If an elite defense can hold and get off the field after the offense has given them a 2 score lead and its 2nd and 18 .

They are no longer an elite defense but a good defense the problem is we spent a huge chunk of cap space to keep it that way (Quinn) instead of doing more to help the offense and now you want to blame an offense because it cant carry a defense thats basically deteriorating before our eyes

That’s honestly playcalling. It’s about applying pressure and sometimes tha means sending the safeties into the flats like middles to stop Alvin Kamara.

This coaching staff has failed every player on it.

Everything keeps getting worse. Khalil Mack Eddy Jackson.

That’s shit playcalling. Eddy needs to put his big boy pants on and take over out there.

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
Our D.....

First that tells me that the defense has fallen to the level they were at when Fox was here

and Secondly the current defense will get more offensive support than that one did but if they cant force turnovers or get off the field in key situations then the team is going nowhere anyway

circusboy666

Liked Posts:
He’s got stones for feet taking sacks and throws as many ints as Mitch...feels like every game the D drops an int from a terrible Foles pass as well. His stats should be worse even more than they are.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
I mean besides the chuck it up INT, 5 sacks taken, and several off target throws, he was totally great on those two long passes.
Guys fucking legit and runs this offense like a well oiled machine ta be sure

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:

hes 2-3 as the starter with 5 touchdowns and 7 interceptions. How has he established himself? It’s great how you mouth breathers just feel like you can say nonsense and somehow will it into reality.

He also can’t move and is good for 2-4 avoidable sacks a game which kill drives. He’s really established himself though. What planet do you live in where you think you can just spew this nonsensical drivel? He’s been one of if not the worst starter in the league since he got the job.

The national media is now calling for his job. He’s established himself though. Okay?

Last edited:

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
Mitch fanboys can follow Mitch to whatever team he goes to and be an idiot fan over there

Your takes are garbage meaningless drivel. I hope you’re not a adult. For your sake I hope you’re like a 12 year old kid.

You realize he’s getting the job back if Foles sucks this weekend against the Titans? The national media is already calling for it. It’s already happening.

abegibronlives

Liked Posts:
You mean 3 league mvps and a guy who is almost always win the running and a 2nd year qb whose team traded for the best receiver in the league to help him ?

We put the majority of ours resources into the defense before Foles even got here who would be actually dumb enough to try and make such stupid comparisons .

We had resources and money and decided to add Mack and then couple of years later after a top ten defensive pick walked we used cap space to add another expensive defensive guy when we couldve added Conklin and Robbie Anderson.

The Bears current QB was benched in favor of Gardner Minshew in Jacksonville.....Let that sink in for a second.

The talent deficit at the game's most important position between the Bears and the top teams is immense. For them to overcome that chasm they need to be virtually perfect in every phase of the game week after week after week. That's a tough standard to maintain.

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
hes 2-3 as the starter with 5 touchdowns and 7 interceptions. How has he established himself? It’s great how you mouth breathers just feel like you can say nonsense and somehow will it into reality.

He also can’t move and is good for 2-4 avoidable sacks a game which kill drives. He’s really established himself though. What planet do you live in where you think you can just spew this nonsensical drivel? He’s been one of if not the worst starter in the league since he got the job.

The national media is now calling for his job. He’s established himself though. Okay?

Its not just about his individual numbers thats fanboy BS

As I said before the offense scored 20 points under Mitch 6 times since the Eagles loss in the playoffs

We scored 20 points or more points with Foles 3 of his first 5 starts and hes driven us down and we either won or put in position to win in 4 of the 6 games he has played .

Who cares what the national media says they dont follow the damn bears ?

I dont know how you can even type if with Mitch all in your mouth . This stupid shit some of you post you might as well two piece yourself

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Thats all that needs to be said

This offense was downright anemic with Mitch for long stretches

Foles scores more points. Also puts opposing teams in position to score literally every time we fail to come down with our 50/50 ball.

You could pay a guy a lot less to do the same thing.