For Those Not Wanting Fox as HC

94SupraTT

Spoilers!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
At least the presence of Marrone and Austin provided the Bears leverage in any negotiations with Fox. The Bears need Fox worse than he needs the Bears, but staying involved with Plan B candidates suggested alternatives, albeit inferior ones. In a week the Bills signed Rex Ryan to a five-year, $27.5 million contract and the Cowboys re-signed Jason Garrett to a five-year, $30 million deal, Fox figures to seek somewhere north of $6 million per season.

Wow!

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
From what I gathered, they see Fox as Lovie 2.0.

However, Fox has a much more impressive resume at this point. 2 superbowls to 1, more playoff appearances, more championship game appearances, and the key factor, unlike Lovie, John hires experienced NFL head coaches and then trusts them to do their jobs, vs Lovie who would hire shit coaches and then we'd be on our way to an 8-8 season again.

Also, for as much as people talk about Fox's record, that last 2-14 year really skewed the percentage, and that was when their talent was all shit or hurt, and shit talent can be blamed on the GM.

Fox is far from perfect, but he is solid, and a proven commodity for rebuilding a franchise, which he has done, twice. Right now the Bears are in no place to try for someone who is a high risk - they need to rebuild this thing, and Fox CAN get the job done.

his teams are often balanced also between defense and offense. I hated how lovie was all Defense no love for the O and opposite with Trestman even thought Trestman offense also sucked.

JeffSpicoli

Hey bud....Let's party!!
Donator
Liked Posts:
I disagree, the BEARS are exactly in the place to take such a risk. Hell, they are going to suck balls the next two years regardless, worse thing that can happen is they suck a little bit worse and we compile talent (aka lions). As long as Pace is up to the task, what do we really have to lose? 2-14 vs 6-9 ? does that really matter?

I disagree with your disagreement. The Bears, while not having tremendous depth, are not assured to"suck balls" for the next two years. There is plenty of talent on the offensive side and if a couple of defensive players are added to key positions and if plays are called by someone other than a coordinator who is a glue huffing dumpster fire, there is a chance for a quick turnaround

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I personally think that if Manning retires, da baers should try to coax him out of retirement for one last run, see if they can get a championship. It will of course depend on who the OC is because of Fox's mediocrity.

If he retires, I see the Lions picking him up as qb coach, OC in waiting,.......

MrOuija

Liked Posts:
This is a legit thread that asks a rather serious question for those opposed to John Fox.

Pfff..Everyone knows the issues some have with Fox, this is just a thread intended to shout those people down, as if we all have to agree with the hire.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I disagree with your disagreement. The Bears, while not having tremendous depth, are not assured to"suck balls" for the next two years. There is plenty of talent on the offensive side and if a couple of defensive players are added to key positions and if plays are called by someone other than a coordinator who is a glue huffing dumpster fire, there is a chance for a quick turnaround

That will get swept by the Packers, maybe even the Lions (at best a split) and quite possibly lose at least one to the Vikings.....reality check time....Your already half way to an 8-8 season without out of conference play.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
It's pretty clear that Fox has a history of being mediocre. Given his average coaching skills and the average talent on the team is there any reason to expect the Bears will dominate, win the division over the Pack and then the SB? You really sensing domination?

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
It's pretty clear that Fox has a history of being mediocre. Given his average coaching skills and the average talent on the team is there any reason to expect the Bears will dominate, win the division over the Pack and then the SB? You really sensing domination?
I know you have said you want Quinn in another thread, but why do you want Quinn?

TreedBear

Liked Posts:
Ron Rivera, Carolina Panthers
Pat Shurmur, Cleveland Browns
Jason Garrett, Dallas Cowboys
Leslie Frazier - Minnesota Vikings
Hue Jackson,-Oakland Raiders
Jim Harbaugh, San Francisco 49ers
These were the other coaches hired after the 2010 season. Rivera and Garrett were the only two not in the QB market. If Peyton Manning doesn't choose Denver, hypothetically, how would the tenure of those other coaches look.? Fox won the lottery there.
I think Fox would right the ship, but he's not my first choice. His defenses have always failed to beat the better teams in the league when it matters.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Pfff..Everyone knows the issues some have with Fox, this is just a thread intended to shout those people down, as if we all have to agree with the hire.
No, it's actually what Scoot says. This is an opportunity for those that do not want Fox to actually use more than "Fuck that!" or "Fuck John Fox!" or "Only if Manning is coming" and actually present something.

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
Real talk though, I think they are going to keep trying to get fox. Only because there aren't requested interviews coming out of Halas Hall. Damn it! I don't want that puto.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
I know you have said you want Quinn in another thread, but why do you want Quinn?
Quinn has always had a reputation of being flexible with schemes and fitting in players into those schemes. His players love him. Additionally, he is a thought leader on one of the most progressive minded teams in the league. His own HC loves him and has been saying for a long time Quinn is ready for an HC job.

OTOH , Fox has been average. I have never heard anyone ever talk about Fox being progressive or a thought leader. He is a grind it out guy. He is a really conservative thinker and we had that with Lovie for years. OK, that may get us an occasional 10-6 but more liekly 8-8.

This is our chance to shake up the barrell and shoot for potential excellence not more of the same

policeman

Son of beech
Liked Posts:

Domination? No. I expect competence from the HC- that will be a big improvement for this team. Fox needs to be competent. It's up to Pace to do the rest. If Pace is competent- the Bears are in business for a few years.

The harder part of the equation is that the Bears need either a really good defense or a really good QB (preferably both)- of which they have neither.

Said it before- and will say it again- Head coaches get too much credit and too much blame.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Quinn has always had a reputation of being flexible with schemes and fitting in players into those schemes. His players love him. Additionally, he is a thought leader on one of the most progressive minded teams in the league. His own HC loves him and has been saying for a long time Quinn is ready for an HC job.

OTOH , Fox has been average. I have never heard anyone ever talk about Fox being progressive or a thought leader. He is a grind it our guy. OK, that may get us an occasional 10-6 but more liekly 8-8.

This is our chance to shake up the barrell and shoot for potential excellence not more of the same

What do you mean always with this reputation? He hasn't been a coordiantor very long and being a position coach I'm not sure what you can say about a guy being flexible with schemes, he isn't one deciding anything about the schemes. Unless this is some info you pick up from his time at Florida I'm not sure where the flexibility is as he hasn't done drastically anything that different in Seattle than what Bradley was implementing.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Domination? No. I expect competence from the HC- that will be a big improvement for this team. Fox needs to be competent. It's up to Pace to do the rest. If Pace is competent- the Bears are in business for a few years.

The harder part of the equation is that the Bears need either a really good defense or a really good QB (preferably both)- of which they have neither.

Said it before- and will say it again- Head coaches get too much credit and too much blame.
I want my HC to be a thought leader like Belicheck, Pete Carroll, Airens, Mike McCarthy. You want a caretaker

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Do you realize the amount of head coaches that have promoted from under John Fox? I'm sure we can compile a list here but it's a lot. Most have probably failed as head coaches, enough so that they get shots at HC jobs. The point is he knows how to surround himself with competent coordiantors. So if you can take anything away from his potential hire, take that and forget about his record.

MrOuija

Liked Posts:
No, it's actually what Scoot says. This is an opportunity for those that do not want Fox to actually use more than "Fuck that!" or "Fuck John Fox!" or "Only if Manning is coming" and actually present something.

There have been 20 different Fox threads going multiple pages, and you're telling me that no one has yet articulated why Fox wouldn't be a good hire? You just disagree with them, and that's fine but lets not pretend its something other than it is: A thread asking for those who don't like Fox to post so you can shoot down their reasons one by one. No one has to "present" anything to you or the others on the Fox bandwagon. You're for him, great. Others aren't.