CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Check the links below. The thread is about JF. So many came here to weigh in....me included.
However, I do think it's time to move on as others have stated. Have a good weekend

From link #1 of this thread
Former Bears coach says Steelers QB Justin Fields was ‘really hard to watch’

Quote:
Fields was a polarizing character as the Bears starting quarterback, and according to NFL writer Tyler Dunne

Dunne: Steelers QB Justin Fields was part of 'toxic as hell' QB room with Bears

Go to @16:43

Tyler Dunne explains how Bears' QB room was 'toxic ...

🏃‍♂️ & :poop:

FatRabbit

Liked Posts:
It's really hard to watch people still complain about a player that is no longer here.
While 90% of the forumers were neurotically behind Fields trying to destroy the Bears. Perhaps it is still worth highlighting the near disaster that so many supported.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
While 90% of the forumers were neurotically behind Fields trying to destroy the Bears. Perhaps it is still worth highlighting the near disaster that so many supported.
No it’s not. He is gone and no longer plays a role for the Bears. Move on. End thread.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Check the links below. The thread is about JF. So many came here to weigh in....me included.
However, I do think it's time to move on as others have stated. Have a good weekend

From link #1 of this thread
Former Bears coach says Steelers QB Justin Fields was ‘really hard to watch’

Quote:
Fields was a polarizing character as the Bears starting quarterback, and according to NFL writer Tyler Dunne

Dunne: Steelers QB Justin Fields was part of 'toxic as hell' QB room with Bears

Go to @16:43

Dunne didn’t write either of those. Try again. I want you to send me the article he wrote. I want the hit piece.

In that last link Go to @16:43 they asked him about the toxicity he doesn't deny promoting it. Everything he's doing is hit piece oriented journalism with no solid sources. You're free to disagree. Again , have a good weekend.

Definition of hit piece........

Perspective: Is it journalism or a 'hit piece'?

Quote from link above:
A “hit piece” is commonly defined as an attempt to damage a reputation or turn public opinion against someone or something under the appearance or guise of objective reporting.

Last edited:

UChiLAbear

"The Drop"
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
Thank you… at least someone acknowledges this. I keep having to say it over and over that it’s not news that there’s probably at least one or two individuals that didn’t get along with Fields. It’s pretty normal.
One or two? No offense, but imo, I'd bet at least half of the D players didn't like him. Even if it was just because of his bad games. Human nature is what it is. Truly competitive Players hate losing and will find fault in others. JF is no exception.

DefNextYear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

In that last link Go to @16:43 they asked him about the toxicity he doesn't deny promoting it. Everything he's doing is hit piece oriented journalism with no solid sources. You're free to disagree. Again , have a good weekend.

Quote from link above:
A “hit piece” is commonly defined as an attempt to damage a reputation or turn public opinion against someone or something under the appearance or guise of objective reporting.
So you can’t show me his hit piece that he wrote? You’re trashing him as if it’s his own agenda to make a name off Fields and you can’t show me how he’s gone out of his way to do that. You only see other people inviting him to talk about that specific topic… or writing about it. I’m sure he didn’t call radio shows and ask to come on to talk bad about Fields.

If Dunne’s goal was to author a hit piece, why can’t you link me the article he wrote? If his sole purpose in all this is to make a name off of trashing Justin Fields, please link me his article. All you’ve proven to me is that OTHER PEOPLE are interested in talking bad about Justin.

It’s your opinion that he’s trying to “turn public opinion against someone”. I’m telling you that’s silly. Who do you know has turned against Fields cause the possibly bad relationship he had with Foles? No one cares. Only people that care are people like you hell bent on protecting him like he’s your first born. You can leave the front lines… it’s ok. No one cares whether or not he’s friends with Foles.

Last edited:

DefNextYear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
One or two? No offense, but imo, I'd bet at least half of the D players didn't like him. Even if it was just because of his bad games. Human nature is what it is. Truly competitive Players hate losing and will find fault in others. JF is no exception.
Yea, I was trying to be nice since the “hit piece” only talks specifically about Foles and maybe Dalton. I don’t disagree with you at all. In fact, being liked by everyone isn’t even a thing I’d judge any leader on. I’ve mentioned Jordan already… but I can bet not everyone liked Belichick and Brady. Well… we know at least they didn’t like each other. And they’ll both forever be known as two of the best to ever do it.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

Quote from link above:

So you can’t show me his hit piece that he wrote? You’re trashing him as if it’s his own agenda to make a name off Fields and you can’t show me how he’s gone out of his way to do that. You only see other people inviting him to talk about that specific topic… or writing about it. I’m sure he didn’t call radio shows and ask to come on to talk bad about Fields.

If Dunne’s goal was to author a hit piece, why can’t you link me the article he wrote? If his sole purpose in all this is to make a name off of trashing Justin Fields, please link me his article. All you’ve proven to me is that OTHER PEOPLE are interested in talking bad about Justin.

It’s your opinion that he’s trying to “turn public opinion against someone”. I’m telling you that’s silly. Who do you know has turned against Fields cause the possibly bad relationship he had with Foles? No one cares. Only people that care are people like you hell bent on protecting him like he’s your first born. You can leave the front lines… it’s ok. No one cares whether or not he’s friends with Foles.

"You only see other people inviting him to talk about that specific topic…"

Go to @16:43 and @17:00 they asked him about the toxicity he doesn't deny promoting it
---------------------------------------

You're free to believe what you want about Dunne and this alleged negative Foles -JF toxic friction . Have a good week.

Last edited:

PhilEBuster

shoopster - Then. Now. Forever.
Donator
Liked Posts:
"You only see other people inviting him to talk about that specific topic…"

Go to @16:43 and @17:00 they asked him about the toxicity he doesn't deny promoting it
---------------------------------------

You're free to believe what you want about Dunne and this alleged negative Foles -JF toxic friction . Have a good week.
ModSquad, please reinstate the Fields Mega-Thread so @run and shoot can go talk to himself in there . . .

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
ModSquad, please reinstate the Fields Mega-Thread so @run and shoot can go talk to himself in there . . .

Did you see this part when you walked in......

👉 Replies 190 Views 6K

Former Bears Coach Says Fields was "Really hard to Watch"​

👉 Thread starter 90sBullsFan
Start date May 13, 2024

PhilEBuster

shoopster - Then. Now. Forever.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Did you see this part when you walked in......

👉 Replies 190 Views 6K

Former Bears Coach Says Fields was "Really hard to Watch"​

👉 Thread starter 90sBullsFan
Start date May 13, 2024
the shoopster's seen it all, fella. He's seen it all . . .

abegibronreborn

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Iowa Hawkeyes
The article didn't say a name, so take it for what it's worth. Here's the money quote:

Fields was a polarizing character as the Bears starting quarterback, and according to NFL writer Tyler Dunne, at least one Chicago coach was highly critical of Fields:
Watch his eyes. He tries to see the whole thing and doesn’t see anything. His eyes are all over the place and it’s just really hard to watch. It’s just bad football.

I was cautiously optimistic that JF would figure it out until that first game against GB last season...It had been two years and he was still making the same mistakes he did as a rookie. There just wasn't any significant growth.

The situation was never ideal for him in Chicago...Multiple OC's, a less-than-stellar offensive line and not always a great supporting cast. The really good QBs however learn to adjust over time and overcome at least some of the team's shortcomings...JF would flash now and then but was never consistently good.

I wish him luck in Pittsburgh. If he cannot succeed under Mike Tomlin, then he likely won't succeed in the NFL.

Luke

Liked Posts:
I was cautiously optimistic that JF would figure it out until that first game against GB last season...It had been two years and he was still making the same mistakes he did as a rookie. There just wasn't any significant growth.

The situation was never ideal for him in Chicago...Multiple OC's, a less-than-stellar offensive line and not always a great supporting cast. The really good QBs however learn to adjust over time and overcome at least some of the team's shortcomings...JF would flash now and then but was never consistently good.

I wish him luck in Pittsburgh. If he cannot succeed under Mike Tomlin, then he likely won't succeed in the NFL.

good concise summation

Last edited:

GoBears

Liked Posts:

I was always rooting for him and I thought he was going to be special given some of his performances. I actually wanted to stick with him this year but now, I think it was the right move to take Williams (I am super excited to see him play) and also for Fields to get a fresh start somewhere new. I hope he does well although I hope Williams is leaps and bounds better than him.

DefNextYear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Not to feed the excuse machine… but I’d say based on the rumblings/whispers last year, Tomlin isn’t exactly safe there. Also, Tomlin hasn’t done a lot to develop QBs. Only Ben is notable and he had a SB before Tomlin even arrived, so I’d not give a ton of the credit to Tomlin. If anything, I’d argue having Ben on his team made his coaching career easier. Ben’s continued development was probably due to good coordinators like Wisenhunt, Arians, and Haley. And if that isn’t enough, I’m not even convinced Arthur Smith is any good and he reportedly didn’t even like Fields. It doesn’t feel like that great of a situation for Fields other than he has an opportunity to compete for a starting job.

Bottom line: If just winning is enough to define success, maybe he’ll be ok. Anything else is debatably ideal in Pitt.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Back in school. all my writing courses taught ....give attribution for anything said.

".......but Josh Lucas had said some of this previously."

I've seen ppl here in the forum and outside of the forum , who don't speak highly of Lucus as super reputable
I find it unbelievable that you can make that 1st statement about specific attribution and follow it up with a 'some people' statement.

It's a special kind of special to do that.

abegibronreborn

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Iowa Hawkeyes
Not to feed the excuse machine… but I’d say based on the rumblings/whispers last year, Tomlin isn’t exactly safe there. Also, Tomlin hasn’t done a lot to develop QBs. Only Ben is notable and he had a SB before Tomlin even arrived, so I’d not give a ton of the credit to Tomlin. If anything, I’d argue having Ben on his team made his coaching career easier. Ben’s continued development was probably due to good coordinators like Wisenhunt, Arians, and Haley. And if that isn’t enough, I’m not even convinced Arthur Smith is any good and he reportedly didn’t even like Fields. It doesn’t feel like that great of a situation for Fields other than he has an opportunity to compete for a starting job.

Bottom line: If just winning is enough to define success, maybe he’ll be ok. Anything else is debatably ideal in Pitt.

"Just winning"?

I'd settle for that.

DefNextYear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
"Just winning"?

I'd settle for that.
Yea, if the team winning is good enough, the Steelers will win games. Will they win BECAUSE OF Fields? Debatable... so if the team winning games, when they already have been winning games historically, is enough, then yea... the Steelers should win games regardless of if it's Fields or Wilson at QB. Tomlin hasn't had a losing season once. Kenny Pickett and Mason Rudolph have winning records, and everyone thinks they suck. Coaches get fired with winning records. So you question it as if there's a clear answer there... there isn't... especially when QBs get paid ridiculous money to be the reason you win games. Also, as debated ad nauseam with the Fields saga... wins aren't solely a QB stat. So if you want to credit him with those wins that are already happening, then great.